Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Is the grenade launcher an improvement to overall gameplay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: Is the grenade launcher an improvement to overall gameplay?

I think there's a lot of mixed opinion on the weapon, which is revived by the recent alterations. Rather than diving straight into a rant, I'd rather see what the balance of people's original, uninfluenced opinions are on the matter. To that end I'd suggest please vote before reading or adding any discussion. The intent is to gauge its appropriateness to Unreal in general, separate from any opinions on other weapons affected by its addition (trident, bio), and in balance across all gametypes both current and "wishlisted."

Edit: altered first option from "Yes, any form" to "yes, some ideal form" to properly balance out the options.
    Yes, some ideal form
    3.70%
    Yes, current form
    14.81%
    No, current form
    18.52%
    No, any form
    62.96%
    Last edited by HonoredMule; 07-02-2017, 11:18 PM.

Its definitely an improvement in its current form, its overpowered in blitz since you can alt-fire to the flag so there would be punishment when you get the flag, the weapon is sometimes annoying when people spam it and no way to counter it, they should slow the rate of fire of the primary so people wont spam it when defending their base. Overall i don't have a problem with the weapon existing.

Comment

It should be limited to vehicle game types (VCTF, assault, onslaught)
      UT2004 Movement Mutator

Comment

It's unnecessary and doesn't.make the game.more accessible at all (a stated purpose of the gun). Additionally, it duplicates functionality of other guns.
        HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I don't really have a position on the weapon other than that it seems to be little more than a sucky rocket launcher.

Comment

I still dont see any reason why people couldnt have spammed grenades from rocket launcher in the first place lol. i dont see anything in this grenade launcher, hate me i dont care but as Sir_Brizz said i think its just a duplicate of functions and spammy also in blitz.

Comment

Well I already made a thread where I wrote down why I think that the weapon makes gameplay worse. To make it short: The basic functionality of a Grenade Launcher is the main problem which can't be fixed with any tweaks. A separate weapon for grenades is just not worth it. In my opinion grenades should be an addition to an already existing weapon or be removed completely.
              As the title suggests, I'm not a fan of the Grenade Launcher and the Lightning Rifle. So I decided to leave my feedback here and try to explain why I think
              inUnreal.de - german Unreal Tournament Fansite

Comment

Yes, I love it once I got that hang of it. I would love to see it allow to lay more than one sticky grenade at once like UT2004 did and this mode to be non contact detonated so you can stick them all over someone's legs and blow them 50m in to the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Sk. Vlad View Post
                  Yes, I love it once I got that hang of it. I would love to see it allow to lay more than one sticky grenade at once like UT2004 did and this mode to be non contact detonated so you can stick them all over someone's legs and blow them 50m in to the air.
                  I think the real problem is that it serves no unique purpose other than spam. In UT2004, you could only manually detonate grenades and they only stuck to players.
                  UT2004 Movement Mutator

Comment

it's worse than the flak used to be, if that's possible

rof is ridiculous, damage radius huge, and 90 dmg per shot is just stupid
                    it seems even more effective this build too

primary seems basically the same as a flak ball
                    secondary seems like a mini shock combo
                    GL jumps are non existant

if they deleted the weapon, there would not be a tear shed.

Comment

Actually I think there is room for improvements, but a grenade launcher in the "quake" sense of the word is a very situational weapon, it worked fine as a secondary fire and not bad at all as a UT3 third rocket launcher function.
                      Also I think it's a sort of watered down bio rifle
                      I think also the grenade mode should be part of the rocket launcher and then also makes all the weapons with some splash damage being used as a crossing tool

I think it should be a a sort of concussion ball launcher which have its front shield being useful to deflect the shockwaves and minimize the damage against the user.

The balls bounce and do shockwaves at each bounce, a direct hit is 45 for impact and 45 for the explosion
                      The alt fire is a sticky shockwave mine that does 5 damage per shockwaves that is more useful to push people towards hazards or disrupt them if the mine sticks on them.
                      The mines also can be serving as a projectile deflector.

I think this might improve the overall gameplay while keeping the same model
                      People can improve upon the idea, but I think this is kind of new.

Comment

I like it the way it is (I've only play DM though).

Comment

Although Blitz 10 v 10 is a spam fest and lots of deaths are link-based, no death is more annoying than a random grenade fired as spam!
                          Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Please get rid of the grenade launcher and put the impact hammer back, it is actually useful.

Comment

Working...
                            X