Lightning Gun versus Sniper Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by van Kuss View Post
    Can we stick to the argument of the thread?
    ^^^^
    x 10 please

Comment

The only sensible answer:

BOTH
      Flak M0nk3y 4 Life

Comment

Originally posted by İdonthaveausername View Post
        why not both
        this is the dumbest idea i've seen posted yet. Having multiple weapons in the same slot that serve THE EXACT SAME PURPOSE, is incredibly dumb, and simply bad design. UT2k4 suffered from this outright stupidity.

A single sniper weapon like in UT99/UT3 will be JUST FINE.

Comment

A wild troll appears.
          Originally posted by Mysterial
          An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

Every shooter has a snipper rifle (booring), LG adds a certain flavor to the game.

Comment

If I had to choose, LG it´s my option: it´s more "sci-fi", have a low rate of fire so people camp less, timing the charge time requires some skill level.... Having both of them could be interesting but I have a different opinion of how they should be:

- Sniper rifle: slow rate of fire - high damage (4 body shoots = 1 kill) - tracer bullets (people see the bullet traveling at medium-high speed).
              - LG: very slow rate of fire (you have to wait until it´s fully charged) - very high damage (2 body shoots = 1 kill) - people can see the full shoot trayectory (from begining to the end)

EDIT: oh, someone said something about reloading, in UT there is no reload, this is not a "normal" shooter.
              Last edited by Drkcid; 05-13-2014, 06:43 AM.

Comment

I'd probably go with a lightning gun. But I'd like a better alt fire mode (preferably with continuous lightning)

Comment

I prefer the Sniper Rifle (mainly because I was great with it ) but the LG was fun, it's a tough call. I would say both personally.
                  M-M-M-MONSTER KILL..Kill...kill

Comment

As much as I enjoyed UT and the Snipey in that came, I would have no objection to it being made a little more futuristic looking, and I would fully support a tracer of some sort being used with it, in whatever incarnation it might become. That said, I hope the zoom effect doesn't obscure all the details except a small portion in the middle, like we've seen with some versions of UT. My recommendation for a Lightning Rifle as a compromise is there because I think we can find a middle ground that gives enough for everyone.
                    --- ULTRON ---

Comment

I absolutely prefer the Lightning Gun. A Sniper Weapon is always powerful because you can engage from a distance and do a lot of damage with headshots. So it needs to have cons as well. I think this was balanced perfectly in UT2003/2004 with the introduction of the Lightning Gun, because you could track back where the lightnings came from. And I also think that the Lightning Guns fits better in the futuristic style of the game.
                      inUnreal.de - german Unreal Tournament Fansite

Comment

why not combine both, Lighting rifle bullet with lighting effect on it instead of lighting beam

Comment

How about a rail gun style sniper rifle, or a smart rifle. We could add Sniper hunting drones to balance snipers.

Comment

I would love a little slower sniper rifle.

Comment

The longer I think about it, the more I am for a return of the Lightning Gun. Even if it was just as an excuse for Epic to show off the particle-focused engine with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghiest View Post
                                At the risk of getting burned alive by flamers, I think a comprimise of something like the battle rifle would be better. Although I do have a soft spot for LG from the old q3 days
                                They are referring to the LG from UT2004, not Q3.

Comment

Working...
                                X