No announcement yet.

Lightning Gun versus Sniper Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an idea. Why not have the Lightning Gun available only in certain levels and modes and same with the Sniper Rifle have it only available in certain levels and modes.

Comment

One thing is for sure, weapons that are very powerfull, like lightning gun (= one hit = kill), need to be rare to find on difficult places on a map. This makes a huge improvement in gameplay. I remember I've been having fights a lot on a weapon-spawn points with other players, to get the better weapons first. Like on ONS-Torlan the redeember on top of the tower in the middle, this brought amazing fights in the air for having the redeemer first! Oh I miss this

Comment

I'm okay with both, just as long as the Lightning Gun doesn't look like the squirt gun it was in UT200x.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with having both for non-competitive play

Even then the guns you use often depend of the map you're playing, if the maps are made for variation then you'll find yourself using both on different maps or at different times, just like minigun vs link/pulse which are similar

2K4 lightning gun is a lot of fun, but so is the UT99 style sniper rifle

2K4 sniper is a joke

Comment

both please and everybody is happy. i played UT99, 2k3 and 2k4 and i like the LG much more. In ut2k4 it was so amazing with LG

Comment

Unreal 2 sniper rifle.
              also known as Humphro

Comment

Originally posted by UnShame View Post
                The sniper rifle is too generic for a game with Unreal in the title, while the LG fits with the futuristic look of all other weapons, is slightly more original in general and is more satisfying to use. So unless it's going to be a modern military shooter, the sniper rifle has no place in the game.
                Ill just repeat this cause i couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

As others say, I'll go with both involved. I had a lot of fun using the lightning gun, and this is one of the best weapons to comeback in UT for me. Just imagine - for a second - the gun carrying a LIGHTNING. It simply incinerates any area it touches, especially human flesh (speaking of headshots and possible animations after lightning gun hit. Like BOOM! ****** mess...)
                  The sniper rifle is a classic weapon, so it should be there w/out hesitation.

Comment

You tell that to all the ut99 clans that played competitive TDM, DM or Assault. Sniper rifle was the weapon of choice, see any ut99 movie on that. UT without headshots is a very bad idea IMO.

Check any movie:
                    Incarnation by wIz4
                    Last Generation by Semperphy
                    Powah the movie 2 by Smiley
                    Retaliation by Zwanz

and i can go on and on and on

Comment

The same theme can be said for the minigun and the rocket launcher, they're both weapons from this period

The UT99 sniper rifle is very popular, having it in UT and mixing/modding/mapping for balance would be just perfect

Comment

Both guns should be in the game. But i like LG more: it looks better, it sounds better, it shoots better! I'm looking forward to seeing Lightning Gun's tracer on UE4.

Comment

Originally posted by spighty
                          Whoever prefers a sniper rifle over a lightning gun, please kill yourself.

And remove the possibility to do headshots, its random and not useful for a competetive game.
                          Holy ****, and I thought I can never read anything dumber.

Comment

Originally posted by Banko View Post
                            Holy ****, and I thought I can never read anything dumber.
                            Why do you think its dumb? HS for competetive gaming is ********. You see any HS in Quake?
                            HS in ut are kind of iconic im so okay with it, but hes right its random and there is no need for HS in a competetive game.

watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEBzS3sT_0s
                            Last edited by lazym3; 05-09-2014, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lazymrv View Post
                              Why do you think its dumb? HS for competetive gaming is ********. You see any HS in Quake?
                              HS in ut are kind of iconic im so okay with it, but hes right its random and there is no need for HS in a competetive game.

watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEBzS3sT_0s
                              These are both well known UT99 players too, in fact you can clearly see the UT99 influence in luxxiz' movement and playstyle

Having played UT99 at ALL levels for more than a decade i can tell you 110% that you have the wrong idea about the sniper rifle

It's not random and it's not bs

Skilled UT99 players can get 90% of their sniper kills with headshots, this includes flying shots and air shots

Comment

I would personally want to see lightning gun, but with actual lightning physics.
                                Meaning it's hell of a powerful gun, but very unreliable.(lightning doesn't strike twice to same spot, if you know what I mean)

having a railgun with lightning particle effects just doesn't seem right...

I have nothing against sniper as such, but some players are just way too good with them. it generally breaks the balance between teams to point who has the sniper dominates the middleground.
                                Last edited by No_7; 05-09-2014, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X