Redesigning enforcer firemodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redesigning enforcer firemodes

I've been thinking about Enforcer for last couple of days. Some think that enforcer is too weak on short distances.
    My idea is to merge UT'99 secondary with UT3. Basically weapon would work like that:

Primary fire:
    - Slower but more accurate shots - good for mid-range.
    - First shot always hit the mark. If you fire slower you can hit all of your shots. Good for finishing wounded opponents from long distance.
    Secondary fire:
    - Starts with UT3-like burst - good for finishing enemies from point-blank range, especially when dodging from behind a cover.
    - Continues with UT'99 secondary fast unaccurate mode - good for short range fights and finishing those who survived burst.
    - If player wants to just use burst he click secondary fire manually.
    - If switching from Primary to Secondary it shoots with UT'99 secondary from te start without burst.

I think it would make Enforcer more powerfull (and maybe OP, especially Dual Enforcer) and more usefull weapon.
    Unofficial Enforcer Model
    Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Let me first say, that the way you worded this makes your idea seem somewhat convoluted. I honestly can not quite get my head around what you're suggesting with the secondary fire. As far as the primary fire goes... Are you suggesting, when you say, "First shot always hit the mark", that the game would literally MAKE the first shot hit the target even if you're not aiming at him??

I'm not a vegetarian because I dislike meat... I'm a vegetarian because I HATE plants!!

"Brightskins are a sanctioned form of cheating..." -- Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

"First shot always hit mark" means that you can always equip the Enforcer and shot your first shot directly at your crosshair. If you keep holding the mouse button down, the weapon will increase its spread and every other won't be at your crosshair.

Not sure about the inaccurate fire mode for the secondary fire. I pretty much feel the UT3 mechansim being perfect except the first shot of the burst mode. Why would the first shot have spead? Only the 2nd shot of the burst should have spread. Like the rockt launcher, the enforcer could get a tertiary fire mode which could be the inaccurate mode from UT99 (gangsta style).
      ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
      ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by Modulus View Post
        Let me first say, that the way you worded this makes your idea seem somewhat convoluted. I honestly can not quite get my head around what you're suggesting with the secondary fire. As far as the primary fire goes... Are you suggesting, when you say, "First shot always hit the mark", that the game would literally MAKE the first shot hit the target even if you're not aiming at him??
        I described it in technical manner. Practically everything works like this. Weapon works exactly as UT3 enforcer but if you keep RMB pressend then it will continue shooting in UT'99 sedondary fashion.
        Unofficial Enforcer Model
        Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
          "First shot always hit mark" means that you can always equip the Enforcer and shot your first shot directly at your crosshair. If you keep holding the mouse button down, the weapon will increase its spread and every other won't be at your crosshair.

Not sure about the inaccurate fire mode for the secondary fire. I pretty much feel the UT3 mechansim being perfect except the first shot of the burst mode. Why would the first shot have spead? Only the 2nd shot of the burst should have spread. Like the rockt launcher, the enforcer could get a tertiary fire mode which could be the inaccurate mode from UT99 (gangsta style).
          Ahh I see what he meant now... If there is a 'spread' then by chance alone there should be at least one round that goes where the crosshairs are, and maybe more than that will hit their mark. That's a statistical probability. I don't think I ever paid enough attention to the UT99 enforcer or the UT3 enforcer enough to determine whether or not EVERY shot missed, due to programming or not. That seems unlikely.

I guess I don't really know what the problem is... That secondary mode of fire, a la UT99, is for close quarters combat... Like you just spawned and someone is running up on you with a flak. In those cases I think it performs pretty nicely. The player, being close enough to you, will receive a good 75% or more of your clip with secondary fire. I tend to use primary fire in every situation though, because I don't like random... Just as easy to put 4 or 6 bullets in his chest as it is to spray and pray, and probably to better effect.

I'm not a vegetarian because I dislike meat... I'm a vegetarian because I HATE plants!!

"Brightskins are a sanctioned form of cheating..." -- Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

I personally would like to see something more creative for alt fire and having a primary fire that when you tap it twice you get the fast mode
            Pri slow taps -> Very accurate with pinpoint accuracy
            Pri twin fast tap -> Sideways enforcers fast and inaccurate fire
            Pri continuous -> Automatic fire with moderate accuacy and speed
            This leaves the alt with something else we can put and make the weapon more interesting than being just an other normal bullet fire

Comment

Working...
            X