[Weapon Balance]: Adding a slight acceleration to rockets on RL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stolid View Post
    I don't know the differences between UT3 and the current values, but I'd say it's more powerful than the UT3 RL which was already too powerful in that game. The exact values won't say a whole lot anyway with different scaling, movement options and movement speed.
    It will give us a close approximation. I'm just wondering how they compare because I think the rockets were powerful but not overpowered in UT3, personally.
    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
      It will give us a close approximation. I'm just wondering how they compare because I think the rockets were powerful but not overpowered in UT3, personally.
      It will give an approximation, but a ~10% difference is within both tweaking range and the range that allows for different scaling, movement options and movement speed so it doesn't help with that. I doubt there's any value that's significantly above 10% different at least.
      Of course you can quickly get into problems when you increase damage, speed, fire rate, splash radius and decrease damage fall off with less than 10% if you do it all at the same time.

Comment

I had this idea for my multi type rockets but I think accelerating rockets serves better for the Redeemer, especially now with the super fast launch it would give you a little more time to react rather than zero.

Comment

The redeemer pauses as it fires then shoots really fast.

But the point is it should be pretty hard to avoid.
          HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
          BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Working...
          X