CONCEPT Ice Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONCEPT Ice Gun

A cool weapon to have in our arsenal, right next to the good ol flamethrower. It isn't the first time an Ice gun have appeard in an Unreal game, so why not try to make it official this time. This is my take on this weapon:

Primary Fire: shoots solid ice projectiles, a direct hit causes a little knock back.

Secondary Fire: it shoots a freezing cloud, similar to the link gun in range, it slows down the other players and eventually freezing them up.

Aside from that I also though about other things that the gun could do:

Primary fire could shatter upon impact causing splash damage.

The projectiles could be shapped as a cube, a ball or a crystal.

If you freeze another player you could shatter them to pieces by using a projectile or dodging against them.

Secondary fire could create a layer of ice on surfaces, it makes the floor very slippery and the same with wall but you can't jump or dodge from them.

Combining first secondary fire and then primary fire will turn the cload into a beam, like the link gun, but it consumes 3x times the ammo.

Combining first secondary fire and then primary fire will create a platform in mid air.

Combining first secondary fire and then primary fire will shoot a bigger projectile

Secondary fire could be used to create smoke screens

Moving forward and aiming down could create a path of ice, so you can ride it to increase your speed, maybe it could work on mid air too.

It could create walls of ice to stop enemies

(like frozone in the incredibles)

Those are just some ideas for the weapon, not all of them can or should be implemented, but there they are, I think we could find a good mix so we have a good, balanced and fun weapon to play with.

I was looking at some images on google but most of them look very similiar or look like the the bio rifle, so I don't have design yet, even the link gun from UT2004 could do the trick, however here are some images from google.

What do you think?
    Attached Files
    Adrenaline Mutator Concept / Multi Gametype Maps Concept /Character Creation Concept /Single Player Concept

Why freeze a person to kill them, when you can just kill them with a regular weapon? Im all for trap weapons, however I think for trap weapons to be useful in UT they need to work independent of the player using them. Like a proximity mine or some other autonomous system. Using a regular weapon to trap them just to kill them, adds a lot of time to the time to kill factor, which would have a big impact on the game.
    PayBack

Comment

well, if you freeze them they are pretty much dead, I never said that you could escape from it, freezing a player is a kill, the camera will go into 3rd person mode as always and you can see how they shatter into pieces, or how you make them explode with a weapon, or if you are close enough you can dodge through them. But once they are freezed, they are dead.

A reason to use this gun and try to freeze a player is that unlike the link gun, this one has a wider range making it more easy to use.

I didn't talk about how much damage it would deal because it's not really important right now, however it's easy to assume that the secondary fire will deal enough damage to quickly kill a player.

I think about this weapon as a legit way to kill people, not just as a trap, it could be very useful with added utility but the main reason to use the weapon is killing other people.
      Adrenaline Mutator Concept / Multi Gametype Maps Concept /Character Creation Concept /Single Player Concept

Comment

So you are thinking like a slow killing fog machine almost that slows players down as well? Might be a neat idea, especially for map control in team games. It would have to be a rare long spawn time weapon like a redeemer.
        PayBack

Comment

well, not that slow for killing. Added utility could prove to be really useful in team gametypes.

If someone could take this idea and make a prototype out of it, that would be great.

Comment

Working...
          X