• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chicken- View Post
    Shield gun was terrible, the end.
    Amen

Comment

Shield gun was f'ing awesome in TDM. I'd say it was one if the reasons that made ut2k4 4on4 competitive TDM's the greatest out of UT3 and QuakeLive. I played them all competitively, some at national level. They were all a boring compared to UT2k4 TDM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
        What does anyone think about the idea of a Shield Gun with a shield that only absorbs damage while moving forward.

Most of the complaints about it from UT2k4 seemed to center around being able to raise it up and retreat backwards with the shield facing your opponent.
        I'm in favor of it. Currently unless you have a <40ms ping, its useless. Personally I would like for it to work at least for half a second, to a full second before it has to recharge. Think about it, realistically I could see it protecting the user from say, the link gun, shock beam. But for the rocket launcher, having a rocket blow up in your face, even behind the small shield, you should get some damage. Same with the mini, even if you wear a Kevlar vest and get shot with a bullet, your not going to die, but its going to freaking hurt.

And it would be nice to have the shock ball bounce back the direction it came from.
        Author: Domination Game Mode (Native UT4 Plug-in)
        Get the Install on ModDB.com
        Source Code available on GitHub

Comment

If you don't want to take fall damage, have boots. Then you can shoot while you do it.
          Originally posted by Mysterial
          An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

Working...
          X