Link gun heal proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link gun heal proposal

If altfire with the link gun could add hp to a teammate.
    The dumbest idea ever or emergent gameplay?

Maybe Unreal Tournament 4 could supercharge the player with a super link gun like in the past but heal slowly at the same time? I think it would be plausible to have weapons interact with other weapons...Say you have the pulse rifle defuse flying Shock Rifle orbs...or possibly super charge them to explode in a slightly larger vicinity on the player firing the shock orbs. I know the Shock Rifle can do this...but what if another energy type interacted with that shock ball?
    Trevor B.
    Voice Work
    Sound Effects

Mercenary and Gen Mo'Kai ------------------------------------ Link Gun

Comment

Teaming link guns used to be very effective but in UT3 they botched it by making it really hard to see when you were boosting another player

Adding health to team mates is a good idea, it work in FreezeTag when you stand near a team mate, so why not use the link to add health to a team player in Team Dm?

Armor transfer might be ok too, between players and having the ability to transform your own armor from one form to another at a cost might add some variety to the game, although I suspect for game type like DM it wouldn't be practical (simply too slow) but for Team based games it might be ok

Comment

Additional teamwork in that brutal,cunning Tournament would be nice and if it (was) able to construct broken or move deformed parts of vehicles,why can't it place the particles and form sort of armor on dead or removed tissue?
        Armor transfer like that one from vest,helmet or whatever will be too much
        -I don't understand these humans.How can they spend their entire lives in walls of cold stone?
        -They need protection,for they know no lasting peace.Humans have always found a reason to take the life of someone else or each other

Comment

If you could give a teammate health up to 199 like the vials, that would be insane. Before storming the enemy base, everyone would stand around giving each other health.

Anyway, I do like the idea, it would add more strategy. It should probably be capped at 100 health so it's only used for healing.
          Sound designer, composer, flash game dev, and Unreal mapper. My Soundcloud. My games.

Comment

If you could give a teammate health up to 199 like the vials, that would be insane. Before storming the enemy base, everyone would stand around giving each other health.
            You mean gather the team,heal each other up to 199 and attack? In my opinion,that takes time...Unreal Tournaments are often games where reaction,persistence,vigilance is needed all the match,and such preparations to attack doesn't fit it very well,the point of my idea was that every life becomes longer,if they met teammates before dying;not while searching health pickups,right on the battlefield,at cost of getting healed or getting much armor
            Example:you have 99 armor that blocks 100%damage and 1 health.You cannot pick health;if you normally can get 320 maximum armor (helmet20,vest100,thigh pads50,shield belt150) you will be able to get +221 maximum armor,until the Link-constructed armor is destroyed
            Whatever idea the developers will accept from this thread,i guess it shouldn't be a game rule,only an mutator
            -I don't understand these humans.How can they spend their entire lives in walls of cold stone?
            -They need protection,for they know no lasting peace.Humans have always found a reason to take the life of someone else or each other

Comment

Working...
            X