Weapon mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    exo7341 That was exactly it, thank you so much!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    subversiveVM I just noticed this option in Tutorial Weapon's BP (probably pic would slip into post's end):

(screenshot shows Hide in UI flag unchecked by me)

I think this should do the trick. My personal explanation for this is following: this weapon is already part of the game (i.e. ready made asset), so when you cooking it your package is small (no wonder, it's just saying to game to use existing asset). As Epic don't need that gun for normal game (it's just a copy of Shock after all) it's hidden from menus.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just did the tutorial and am having the same problem. I have modified the tutorial weapon and shared it. When I run UT4, create a custom DM game, and use the Weapon Arena mod to give myself the new weapon, I do not see the tutorial weapon in the list of available weapons. Doesn't work for Weapon Replacement, either. As far as I can tell, anarki101's solution isn't helping me; I've tried saving the blueprint under different names and in different folders.

The shared tutorial weapon .pak is in the "Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\MyContent" folder. It's about 10Kb in size. The game is accessing the pak, because when I try to delete it while the game is running, I get an error message about the pak file being open in "UT4Game". Is there some log file that might have a message about what is going wrong? I found "Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Logs" but there doesn't seem to be a mention of my weapon name in the text. Is there any console command I can do to attempt to inspect PAKs or give myself the weapon in a custom local game?

I'm looking at the "Share" log output and there is a _ton_ of attempts about "failing to load" things that are not at all relevant for the weapon as far as I can tell. I eventually see lines like this that appear to be relevant:

Code:
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: UE4Editor-Cmd: Execution of commandlet took:  456.25 seconds
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 484.5307136s to run UE4Editor-Cmd.exe, ExitCode=0
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: Project.CreatePakUsingStagingManifest: Creating pak using staging manifest.
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: Project.RunUnrealPak: Running UnrealPak *******
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: CommandUtils.Run: Run: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealPak.exe "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Saved\StagedBuilds\CrazyShocker2\WindowsNoEditor\UnrealTournament\Content\Paks\UnrealTournament-WindowsNoEditor.pak" -create="C:\Program Files\Epic Ga
    mes\UnrealTournamentEditor\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs\PakList_UnrealTournament-WindowsNoEditor.txt" -encryptionini -enginedir="C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\Engine" -projectdir="C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament" -platform=Windows -order="C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\
    UnrealTournament\Build\WindowsNoEditor\FileOpenOrder\CookerOpenOrder.log" -multiprocess -patchpaddingalign=2048
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: UnrealPak: LogPakFile:Display: Loading response file C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs\PakList_UnrealTournament-WindowsNoEditor.txt
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: UnrealPak: LogPakFile:Display: Added 4 entries to add to pak file.
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: UnrealPak: LogPakFile:Display: Loading pak order file C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Build\WindowsNoEditor\FileOpenOrder\CookerOpenOrder.log...
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: UnrealPak: LogPakFile:Display: Finished loading pak order file C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Build\WindowsNoEditor\FileOpenOrder\CookerOpenOrder.log.
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: UnrealPak: LogPakFile:Display: Collecting files to add to pak file...
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: UnrealPak: LogPakFile:Display: Collected 4 files in 0.00s.
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: UnrealPak: LogPakFile:Display: Added 4 files, 10153 bytes total, time 0.08s.
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: UnrealPak: LogPakFile:Display: Compression summary: 26.40% of original size. Compressed Size 7398 bytes, Original Size 28020 bytes. 
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 1.7440998s to run UnrealPak.exe, ExitCode=0
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: Project.RunUnrealPak: UnrealPak Done *******
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: Project.CopyManifestFilesToStageDir: Copying NonUFSFiles to staging directory: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Saved\StagedBuilds\CrazyShocker2\WindowsNoEditor
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: Project.CopyManifestFilesToStageDir: Copying DebugFiles to staging directory: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Saved\StagedBuilds\CrazyShocker2\WindowsNoEditor
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: Automation.Execute: BUILD SUCCESSFUL
    LogPackageContent: Publishing: Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=0 (Success)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the help, but I got it. In the tutorial I don't see where it says to go up to file and hit save as. I see that it says don't use any other save but the save all at the bottom. All I needed to do was save it as the name I wanted it to be, and bang it worked. I would like to see them update that tutorial to add in that step for others. So any way that's for the reply's, its nice to have people willing to help others and I think you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by anarki101 View Post
    Here is the link, https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...gn=utcreatetab after that was done I did this https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...kage-and-share to package and share it.I can see the .pak in mycontent folder. The gun works great in the editor just not in ut4.
    Pak presence is a good sign!

What does your "Display name" field says on your weapon's properties? (this string is going to be listed in weapon replacement mutator list - so if you forgot properly name it, you might be missing it in game)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here is the link, https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...gn=utcreatetab after that was done I did this https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...kage-and-share to package and share it.I can see the .pak in mycontent folder. The gun works great in the editor just not in ut4.
    Last edited by anarki101; 02-03-2017, 09:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

can post a link of your tutorial (I think it would be easier to understand possible problems then)?

also, have you checked whether your cooked .pak is UT's Paks folder?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [TUTORIAL] Weapon mod

Weapon mod

Can some one help me? I followed the weapons tutorial to the tee, but when I share my weapon I can't find it in the game. Heres my steps 1. start offline game 2.then over to custom. 3.I add the "Weapon Replacer" and picked which weapon I want to replace, but on the other side I don't see my weapon from the editor in the list. No TutorialWeapon01 or the name I have given it. Any help would be great, Thanks
Working...
X