create weapon attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

create weapon attachment

Hello, how would I create a new weapon attachment blueprint for my weapon? I can't seem how find any info on this, any help would be great. Thanks for reading

You mean just 3rd person weapon model? If so, you could just inspect any of existing UTs weapons via Editor. Since they (attachments) all are regular blueprinted actor objects, you could use them as parent classes (right-click on blueprint gives you an option to create a new, child BP, that would be based on a clicked one).

p.s. now I'm feeling like I stalking you Actually that's mostly because forums not very populated atm. You could meet more guys (and live replies) on UTs Discord group, if you prefer that way (look for a #dev section there).
    Last edited by exo7341; 02-05-2017, 04:32 AM.
    - got sig? -

Comment

This is what I was told I needed to do to fix my problem
      The solution to this is to create what is called a weapon attachment. The existing core weapons already have their own weapon attachments. You'll want to create a new weapon attachment blueprint for your weapon. In the weapon attachment blueprint, set the FireEffect property.
      I'm wanting to change the FireEffect of my child BP, and hey if your helping go ahead and stalk me all you want.. lmao

Comment

Oh, I see now.

So, you're heading towards Zark rifle? IIRC it's based on a regular Sniper Rifle? Can you remind how it's different (higher rof, damage, max ammo etc)?

Although I'm not nearly as good as Wail is (if we were tanks I think I would be m5 stuart against m1 abrams ), I think I could provide a few tips here (I mean, stuff like modifying damage, rof, removing tracers etc is not too complex with BPs).
        Last edited by exo7341; 02-06-2017, 12:03 AM.
        - got sig? -

Comment

I have the rifle all done but the tracers, where and how would I add this modifier to the BP? I have removed the tracers from the FPV but not from others, its the last key for me. Ive reached out to many even youtubers that are using UE4 for game making, but not any luck yet. Wail is good

Comment

Originally posted by anarki101 View Post
            I have the rifle all done but the tracers, where and how would I add this modifier to the BP? I have removed the tracers from the FPV but not from others, its the last key for me. Ive reached out to many even youtubers that are using UE4 for game making, but not any luck yet. Wail is good
            As Wail said, you need your own customized attachment BP for that.

Look at your weapon's properties to find out its current attachment class. Like this for Sniper Rifle:

...then find that BP in resources, and make your child (or duplicate) class (give it some appropriate name, so you could recognize it later), like so (I'd also suggest to move it into your mod's folder after that):

And finally, in your newly created attachment BP you could locate Fire Effect property (most likely it will contain something):

...and since we don't need any tracers, we could just leave that array empty.

You can now use your attachment in your weapon's BP (like on first pic - just search for your attachment in drop down list - it should be there).
            Attached Files
            - got sig? -

Comment

You tha man exo7341, maybe hes tiger and your a sherman. Tiger can kill you with one shot, but the sherman won the war. lol

Comment

Originally posted by anarki101 View Post
                You tha man exo7341, maybe hes tiger and your a sherman. Tiger can kill you with one shot, but the sherman won the war. lol
                So, did it worked for you?
                - got sig? -

Comment

I've been river dancing all day, lol yes thank you so much. Off to try and get bots in my server to kill with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X