X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bio Rifle Blueprint WIP

Hello!

I wanted to give a quick update on my Blueprint BioRifle

Right now it is almost feature complete. This includes...

Primary Fire - Lobs a Bio Blob that deals damage to a target and afflicts them with a DOT effect
    Alt Fire- A Charged shot that deals damage based on how long you charge the shot for. when the Projectile hits the ground it lays a "Trap" that deals damage if stepped in.
    Animations - I have made a full suite of animations in 3ds max

I should have this weapon done in the next day or so the tasks still left include

Alt Fire fix - The Alt fire only shoots in 1 direction, irregardless of which direction the player is facing. This is a bug I have been unable to figure out for quite a while, I might need someone at Epic to take a look at this for me..
    Animations hooked up- Simply haven't had time to hook up the animations.
    Damage Adjustment- Because we have no bots I have NO way of testing the damage this thing outputs.
    Additional Effects- going to make some explosion effects and stuff so it looks nice.

Anyway that's just a quick update! let me know what you think.

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
    Damage Adjustment- Because we have no bots I have NO way of testing the damage this thing outputs.
    Blueprint a test-dummy actor and log it!
    Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

I think the blobs could be more blobby, perhaps it is not so due to the sound. Hard to describe blobby though. :-) The weapon itself looks good although perhaps a bit dark ... would be good to actually see the goo inside it being pumped out.
      UTLauncher - standalone Unreal Tournament server browser / Download / Github
      ut.rushbase.net - free community hosting for Unreal Tournament assets

Comment

Originally posted by RushPL View Post
        I think the blobs could be more blobby, perhaps it is not so due to the sound. Hard to describe blobby though. :-) The weapon itself looks good although perhaps a bit dark ... would be good to actually see the goo inside it being pumped out.
        Its all from ut3.

Don't forget you can damage yourself when you pass over a blob.

Comment

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Y...it?usp=sharing

Download link to the working BioRifle folder! Only major issue is that the Alt Fire still doesn't fire in the correct direction. I've tried to figure it out but i haven't had any luck. That said<- all animation/sounds are hooked up and functionally it works and is ready to start being playtested.

Comment

The BioRifle is being checked in right at this moment, which earns you the second contributor rank image and a place in the game credits.
            Stacey Conley
            -----------------------------
            Unreal Tournament Community Manager
            Epic Games, Inc.
            Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Am I way off in thinking putting UT3's bio and animations in should just be placeholders?

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
              Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Cant believe this is going in! So excited!

Comment

Looks like the image isn't showing up, I'll get that fixed!

Congrats Halcyon!
                  Stacey Conley
                  Epic Games, Inc.

Comment

Congrats!
                    Did this already get checked in like you said Flak? The last update I'm seeing on Github still says it was 4 days ago.
                    MyArtstation
                    @jayoplus

Comment

Originally posted by jayoplus View Post
                      Congrats!
                      Did this already get checked in like you said Flak? The last update I'm seeing on Github still says it was 4 days ago.
                      We're checking into this!
                      Stacey Conley
                      Epic Games, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                        We're checking into this!
                        Hi Flak,
                        Any updates on what is going on with the github updates? Unless I'm the only one with this issue (haven't seen anyone else mention this).
                        MyArtstation
                        @jayoplus

Comment

Originally posted by jayoplus View Post
                          Hi Flak,
                          Any updates on what is going on with the github updates? Unless I'm the only one with this issue (haven't seen anyone else mention this).
                          Last commit was 4 days on my end.
                          RoseBumRPG - UDK Converter - Grenade Launcher Prototype - Lightning Gun Prototype

Comment

Personally i was never satisfied with the bio rifle primary fire. Not in UT, not in UT2k4 and not even in UT3 aswell. The arc/projectile speed is just terrible. I think that fire mode needs some serious tweaks. The secondary fire mode is ok. Prefer the 2k4 version. Dont like the magnet effect of the UT3 version.

Comment

I really liked the UT99 version where the alt fire spreads around the room not only in one spot. I wish that would come back.
                              History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
                              UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
                              UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
                              UT Main Menu Design

Comment

Working...
                              X