No announcement yet.

Ripper WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I PM'd you about the re-cook and I have a log but could not find where I could attach that to the PM!
    ... you want me to do it here on the thread?

ps. I even created a whole new map and had same results as far as not working/showing online...works in offline mode but not online?

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Created some custom Ripper kill icons. In order: Melee, melee headshot, primary blade, primary blade headshot, secondary blade.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
      Attached Files
      Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

New Ripper version with variety of changes:
        • Ripper weapon now bound to 3 key for ClassicGroups property (thanks RattleSNAK3). This can be adjusted as necessary, but seems like a decent number to put it on.
        • Ripper default crosshair is now two horizontal lines
        • Ripper crosshair changes when in melee range / pressing fire would initiate a melee attack
        • Ripper damagetypes now utilize custom icons per damagetype (melee, melee headshot, blade, blade headshot, explosive disc)
        • Fixed orientation on melee particle effects, added decal on melee attack
        • Explosive Blade now glowing purple outer ring, more strong purple glow in trail
        • Bouncing Blade now rotating silvery / light grey outer ring
        • New Ammo Pickup Sound
        • Adjustments to Ripper Mesh Material
        • Explosive Blade Radius to 330 (360 to 330, to match with default Rocket radius)

Cumulatively there's a lot of changes here so I did a new Uasset version for map authors (see link in OP). I'll also be updating the Weapon Test Arena map soon.

Made a new video to demonstrate some of the new features, since the other video was made over 6 months ago.

VIDEO UPDATED OCT 18 2015
        Last edited by Wail; 10-18-2015, 07:48 PM.
        Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Ripper is looking very nice thank you for continuing to work on it.

I didn't read through all the thread but do you have plans to change it to the UC2 one or keep it like is? The UC2 one was pretty sweet. It would be sweet to upgrade it to UE4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ldmbYXs9E

Comment

Good work Wail. One thing which is currently strange to use. The delay (and active pointer for the explosion discs) between the 3rd fire mode and the 1st one is too high IMO.

PS: Check your PMs.
            ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
            ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Looking great dude! Looks like you improved the secondary homing feature too.

Comment

Bumping for new build. Also be aware that I moved the locations of some files around on Rushbase to try and organize things a bit more cleanly.

Updated Ripper PAK
                Updated Uassets for map authors. If you previously downloaded this archive please update and replace the files.

Doing a pass on all weapons and once I am able I will update the Weapon Testing Arena map.
                Last edited by Wail; 10-21-2015, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Updating the Ripper to a new version as I believe I identified and squashed a bug that was crashing servers. For anyone who's got a version of the Ripper in a custom map I highly recommend updating to this version.
                  • Potential bug fix when primary blades hitting players pending delete
                  • Fixed melee headshot damage type being displayed as primary blade headshot

Updated Ripper PAK
                  Updated Uassets for map authors. If you previously downloaded this archive please update and replace the files.

Comment

Hey Wail I figured out what was my issue (folder Structure) with vers 4! .... got it working couple weeks back and had a full house testing it on my server with a clan mate! ... my Ripper test map only had 8 spawns and we had 10 players ripping it up! ... was nuts/fun!

will give this a test run and let you know how it goes! ... the first thing I noticed is you have 2 ripper options now to choose from to place in your map!? 1 which has the key bind/hud and the other with just mouse wheel to change weapons!? ... something like that!

Comment

Originally posted by Laambo View Post
                      Hey Wail I figured out what was my issue (folder Structure) with vers 4! .... got it working couple weeks back and had a full house testing it on my server with a clan mate! ... my Ripper test map only had 8 spawns and we had 10 players ripping it up! ... was nuts/fun!

will give this a test run and let you know how it goes! ... the first thing I noticed is you have 2 ripper options now to choose from to place in your map!? 1 which has the key bind/hud and the other with just mouse wheel to change weapons!? ... something like that!
                      Yeah please use BP_Ripper. BP_Ripper_BASE is the parent class, but until Epic allows ClassicGroup to be set I'm forced to use some template classes that RattleSnake provided as a workaround.

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
                        Yeah please use BP_Ripper. BP_Ripper_BASE is the parent class, but until Epic allows ClassicGroup to be set I'm forced to use some template classes that RattleSnake provided as a workaround.
                        ah, got it! ... thank you will let you know how it all works with an updated version of my ripper map!

Comment

I like where this is going. Really hope Epic will include Ripper in game by default. Helmet would be more important...

It's quite spammable weapon that can headshot, it's fun, but somewhat unbalanced.
                          What if it couldn't do headshot after some distance? Imagine hidden number for each blade that is lineary reduced by distance and subtracted by fixed amount after each bounce. It could be visually represented by blade color changing over distance.

Comment

I've tried the new build and like always plays perfect in editor and in a Create a match no problems but on the Hub and Dedicated server all I see is the base with the emitter effect and a message of "No Pickup Weapon" or something along those line when you walk over the base!? .... you can hear the PU sounds and I can even pick up and see the ammo on my server but when I went to MoxNix's server to test his latest release of Bishop map I saw the same thing but he was able to use and play with it but when I walked over his ammo pack it was like a static mesh with collision as it felt like a brick I just walked over!? .... strange!

I then had him come join my server to see if he could see/use it and he had same results as I did on his server!

Also, his map Octagon I can no longer see the ripper it acts the same as all the above now!?

.... hopefully with the next update/build to the game/editor we'll have better results!?

I even went as far as to remove all assets/maps that I could remember using the ripper, deleted all downloads and even removed the ripper from the weapons folder and all my .umaps just to see if I could figure this out but no luck!

Comment

It seems to me like everything works fine playing on LAN but not over the internet. My test server is on a separate machine on my home LAN ("Charnal House" in the server browser if anyone wants to try it). I've never experienced any issues with ripper on the LAN or in local matches.

Also recently heard of players sometimes having issues with switching to other weapons when playing maps with ripper in them. I experienced this for the first time on Laambo's server yesterday. I could not switch to the shock rifle and the shock rifle did not show on my weapon bar in spite of picking it up several times. A little later (after dying and respawning) shock was working again.
                              Last edited by MoxNix; 11-12-2015, 02:54 PM.

Comment

i dont like that guiding in mid air for some reason i dont know it feels wrong.
                                i like the close combat mode
                                Last edited by Danko955; 11-12-2015, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X