• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did some testing earlier. So my logs...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Replicated Issue: For some clients, Ripper does not appear, projectiles / effects inconsistent or invisible.
    -Apparently the issue only occurs on online / non-LAN servers. (Possible there's some GUID checking that doesn't occur on LAN?)
    -Suspect this is related to reference to another version of BP_Ripper existing in a given player's asset registry. I've tried to delete every reference to the Ripper on my own machine but it's possible I missed something.
    -Other possibile cause is hacky method for assigning keybind is causing problems.

Future Things To Test:
    - Using _BASE unbound Ripper asset - Same issues occur(?)
    - Other renaming?

Have an idea for how to possibly avoid this in the future but would like to figure out exactly why this is happening.
    Last edited by Wail; 11-13-2015, 02:18 AM.
    Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

So while doing some online testing I discovered Ripper secondary works really well on bots. They don't dodge it!

Comment

I just tried downloading the uasset for the ripper and I get an error message that say file not found.
        PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by -jay- View Post
          I just tried downloading the uasset for the ripper and I get an error message that say file not found.
          Fixed the non-updated link, thanks.
          Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Just throwing ideas out there: it's unanimous that every single person in the community hates getting their entire health and armor stack annihilated by a single charged up glob from the goo gun. We all agree that it's infuriating? Yes? okay, good.

Well how about we take its place a little bit by having the ripper secondary lob out a spinning blade that would act as a replacement for the bio rifle area-of-denial goo on the ground? I imagine the blade could be the size of a normal ripper disk, but also have a little aura of spinning air or energy about the size of what the bio rifle leaves on the ground now. It could effectively do the same job, but look and sound scarier!

Alternatively, maybe the ripper secondary could act as a sort of grenade like the rocket secondary fire does now? except it would float for a little while further, and bounce more predictably off of walls? I dunno, just thinking out loud now.

I don't know how annoying that might / might not be, but I really want the ripper in the game (and the bio rifle OUT of duel DM and CTF), and any potential idea I can contribute might help.
            ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
            Frag video featuring Rookie
            Frag video featuring Phantaci
            Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

I tried build 6 out, some feedback:

-I only tested it in the editor, but ammo usages is not working, it has unlimited ammo.
              -Reduce the distance from which you can hear the discs bouncing, you can hear them all the way across the map.
              PayBack

Comment

I tried build 6 out, some feedback:

-I only tested it in the editor, but ammo usages is not working, it has unlimited ammo.
                -Reduce the distance from which you can hear the discs bouncing, you can hear them all the way across the map.
                - Cafe reporting unlimited ammo too. Ammo works for me fine, but it's possible that version of the assets may be in error.
                - Attenuation on audio & audio overall has been something I've been messing with for the newest yet-unreleased version. Hard to strike the right balance between audible-across-the-map and completely-silent-and-deadly. Neither are really good states to be in. I think it's hitting a good middle ground now.

Comment

The ammo thing sorta works. So when I first picked it up, ammo was decreasing, but once it reached 12 it stopped decreasing. I picked up the weapon again for more ammo and it maxed out but never decreased after that.

Ill have to double check again tonight, but I could hear the blades all the way across the map with no audible difference, every blade bounce was the same, no matter how far away.
                  PayBack

Comment

Update for New Build
                    I've done a small update to the Ripper for this new build. The current build broke the default key bindings, sadly it's not feasible to fix this on my end.

Suggested Workarounds:

1. Use the in-game menu to rebind the Ripper to another key/group
                    2. In your Game.ini, you can add the following to set keybinds (and crosshairs) on this weapon

Code:
                    [/Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/Ripper/BP_Ripper_v10.BP_Ripper_v10_C]
                    Group=3

Audio rebalancing: Audio was tweaked for this version to improve audio falloff and decrease overall volume and harshness of audio. Still not totally happy with where this is at, but this should be mostly where it ought to be.
                    Infinite ammo bug: Please let me know if you're seeing this bug. I haven't been able to replicate it myself but doing some additional checking for this.

I have also gone to an explicit version number in the PAK names to prevent older version conflicts.

Updated Ripper PAK
                    Updated Weapon Replacement Mutator
                    Last edited by Wail; 12-17-2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Last Uasset Update was on: Oct 22 2015.

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Originally posted by Laambo View Post
                        Last Uasset Update was on: Oct 22 2015.
                        Think that's accurate. Check on Rushbase as usual.
                        Currently haven't updated the Uasset download because I wanted some time to think about and do some testing on map-embedded vs. standalone vs. mutator in the future to prevent conflicts.

Comment

I played with this weapon briefly in a pug over the weekend. My biggest concern was that the blades were too slow to be really effective, I found myself having lead targets far more than I expected at close ranges. The projectiles need a speed bump as the game speed is just too fast.
                          PayBack

Comment

I played with this weapon briefly in a pug over the weekend. My biggest concern was that the blades were too slow to be really effective, I found myself having lead targets far more than I expected at close ranges. The projectiles need a speed bump as the game speed is just too fast.
                            Primary or secondary blades? The primary blades are set at (IIRC) 5000 uu which is as fast as the Flak Shards come out and faster than any other projectile in the game. Secondary blades are set at ~3000 uu, the speed of the rockets. If you have a VOD I'll happily watch it, but I don't think I want to change those values without substantial demonstration they're not working.

Comment

I loaded it up and gave it a go. First I would like to say the model is beautiful. Additionally, I love the secondary fire and the ability to curve the rounds. I think thats super cool. This brings some new things to the unreal table, and I think it would be a valuable asset to the game.

However, and it may have been previously stated, but the ammo has a bit of a bug. The primary fire seems to have unlimited ammo, as in the number doesn't decrease. The alt fire takes away two per shot, which I think is on purpose.

I think it would be a nice touch to add some small fx to the weapon. I think it would bring a lot of life if the purple lights sort of dimmed and brightened, making it sort of breathe in a lose sense. The Ripper isn't really supposed to be a human invention if I've got my lore right Beyond that, I wish the blade would spin when idle, and with that a quiet ambient "whrrrr" sort of deal. Nothing like the impact hammer of course, I wouldn't want to give away your position with this. Just something small and only audible in the immediate vicinity.

Anyway, excellent work so far. Really enjoying playing around with this!! I really want to include it in the map I am working on!

Comment

So, I noticed that in my editor, I can add one of these in, but I've never explicitly downloaded the weapon. Does this mean it's now a "default", and anyone can use it? If I include it in my map, will this cause anyone problems if they haven't downloaded the weapon specifically?

Comment

Working...
                                X