Ripper WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antnee83 View Post
    So, I noticed that in my editor, I can add one of these in, but I've never explicitly downloaded the weapon. Does this mean it's now a "default", and anyone can use it? If I include it in my map, will this cause anyone problems if they haven't downloaded the weapon specifically?
    It's not default. You must've downloaded it at some point and don't remember it, if it's showing up in the editor for you.

I don't personally recommend including it in maps anymore. The approach I'm going to be using going forward will be to try and abstract away placement of objects from maps as much as possible, since maps themselves are hundreds of megabytes and redownloading such huge files is both wasteful and costly in many respects. Also, in general I only want the Ripper to be considered within & balanced against Unreal Prime weaponry.
    Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
      I don't personally recommend including it in maps anymore. The approach I'm going to be using going forward will be to try and abstract away placement of objects from maps as much as possible, since maps themselves are hundreds of megabytes and redownloading such huge files is both wasteful and costly in many respects. Also, in general I only want the Ripper to be considered within & balanced against Unreal Prime weaponry.
      I really dont like the sound of this, is there really no chance of getting this weapon in the core set? It makes me so sad that we have all these resources to do amazing work if we just worked together but instead we are all competing and its having an adverse effect on the core experience.
      Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
        I really dont like the sound of this, is there really no chance of getting this weapon in the core set? It makes me so sad that we have all these resources to do amazing work if we just worked together but instead we are all competing and its having an adverse effect on the core experience.
        Really has more to do with the direction of the core game than anything else. It'd be easy to fix but I don't think the desire is there.
        Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Yea Epic has kinda talked around it over the past 2 years. I don't think they are going to ever put the Ripper back in the core set.

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
            Really has more to do with the direction of the core game than anything else. It'd be easy to fix but I don't think the desire is there.
            Yeah unfortunately my desire to play this game isnt exactly there, Ive been modding it the entire time but I realised that I dont actually play that often because I dont actually enjoy it as much as I have previous UTs (it doesnt feel fun).

I just wanted to reiterate that wasnt directed at you solely and if anyone has gone above and beyond to try to pull the community together but until Epic are part of the community I dont think this project will succeed, it cant be community based democracy and a dictatorship, its basically the same game it would be if it were under publisher control.

Just as an eg, this thread has almost double the amount of views than the Chaos Mod thread, which I think is proof in and of itself the popularity of this weapon. (thats without fancy art too!)

Originally posted by nes710 View Post
            Yea Epic has kinda talked around it over the past 2 years. I don't think they are going to ever put the Ripper back in the core set.
            What upsets me most is the Biorifle is clearly worse balanced if not onpar with the Ripper but the Ripper is the one that gets left out.

This isnt the only thing, having the original musicians lose interest was a big turning point for me, continually having to fight for minor changes to make modding easier. Its just not a nice environment, its very egotistical and self centered, something Im really not interested in and that is mainly because of Epics heavy handedness and unwillingness to respond to the community in kind.

Now the typical response I expect is collision blah blah... I will still be including the Ripper on Phobos if you dont mind [MENTION=3094]Wail[/MENTION]

(oh and the lightning gun)

Im not going to compromise on this, Ive been bending over backwards compromising since the get go!
            Last edited by MonsOlympus; 06-24-2016, 12:22 AM.
            Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

great work man. love that ripper <3

can you give me an actual download link? Want to test it so bad

btw. [MENTION=3094]Wail[/MENTION] would you mind if I use it in my mod XLR8?
              https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...lving-to-a-Mod

I have implemented a cheap version of a ripper (just new projectile, using sniper skin) and would like to replace it with your version tbh.
              3D Artist, Mapper, Modder
              XLR8 Mod for UT4

Comment

Working...
              X