Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I tried build 6 out, some feedback:

-I only tested it in the editor, but ammo usages is not working, it has unlimited ammo.
    -Reduce the distance from which you can hear the discs bouncing, you can hear them all the way across the map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just throwing ideas out there: it's unanimous that every single person in the community hates getting their entire health and armor stack annihilated by a single charged up glob from the goo gun. We all agree that it's infuriating? Yes? okay, good.

Well how about we take its place a little bit by having the ripper secondary lob out a spinning blade that would act as a replacement for the bio rifle area-of-denial goo on the ground? I imagine the blade could be the size of a normal ripper disk, but also have a little aura of spinning air or energy about the size of what the bio rifle leaves on the ground now. It could effectively do the same job, but look and sound scarier!

Alternatively, maybe the ripper secondary could act as a sort of grenade like the rocket secondary fire does now? except it would float for a little while further, and bounce more predictably off of walls? I dunno, just thinking out loud now.

I don't know how annoying that might / might not be, but I really want the ripper in the game (and the bio rifle OUT of duel DM and CTF), and any potential idea I can contribute might help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -jay- View Post
    I just tried downloading the uasset for the ripper and I get an error message that say file not found.
    Fixed the non-updated link, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just tried downloading the uasset for the ripper and I get an error message that say file not found.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So while doing some online testing I discovered Ripper secondary works really well on bots. They don't dodge it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did some testing earlier. So my logs...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Replicated Issue: For some clients, Ripper does not appear, projectiles / effects inconsistent or invisible.
    -Apparently the issue only occurs on online / non-LAN servers. (Possible there's some GUID checking that doesn't occur on LAN?)
    -Suspect this is related to reference to another version of BP_Ripper existing in a given player's asset registry. I've tried to delete every reference to the Ripper on my own machine but it's possible I missed something.
    -Other possibile cause is hacky method for assigning keybind is causing problems.

Future Things To Test:
    - Using _BASE unbound Ripper asset - Same issues occur(?)
    - Other renaming?

Have an idea for how to possibly avoid this in the future but would like to figure out exactly why this is happening.
    Last edited by Wail; 11-13-2015, 02:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i dont like that guiding in mid air for some reason i dont know it feels wrong.
    i like the close combat mode
    Last edited by Danko955; 11-12-2015, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It seems to me like everything works fine playing on LAN but not over the internet. My test server is on a separate machine on my home LAN ("Charnal House" in the server browser if anyone wants to try it). I've never experienced any issues with ripper on the LAN or in local matches.

Also recently heard of players sometimes having issues with switching to other weapons when playing maps with ripper in them. I experienced this for the first time on Laambo's server yesterday. I could not switch to the shock rifle and the shock rifle did not show on my weapon bar in spite of picking it up several times. A little later (after dying and respawning) shock was working again.
    Last edited by MoxNix; 11-12-2015, 02:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've tried the new build and like always plays perfect in editor and in a Create a match no problems but on the Hub and Dedicated server all I see is the base with the emitter effect and a message of "No Pickup Weapon" or something along those line when you walk over the base!? .... you can hear the PU sounds and I can even pick up and see the ammo on my server but when I went to MoxNix's server to test his latest release of Bishop map I saw the same thing but he was able to use and play with it but when I walked over his ammo pack it was like a static mesh with collision as it felt like a brick I just walked over!? .... strange!

I then had him come join my server to see if he could see/use it and he had same results as I did on his server!

Also, his map Octagon I can no longer see the ripper it acts the same as all the above now!?

.... hopefully with the next update/build to the game/editor we'll have better results!?

I even went as far as to remove all assets/maps that I could remember using the ripper, deleted all downloads and even removed the ripper from the weapons folder and all my .umaps just to see if I could figure this out but no luck!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like where this is going. Really hope Epic will include Ripper in game by default. Helmet would be more important...

It's quite spammable weapon that can headshot, it's fun, but somewhat unbalanced.
    What if it couldn't do headshot after some distance? Imagine hidden number for each blade that is lineary reduced by distance and subtracted by fixed amount after each bounce. It could be visually represented by blade color changing over distance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wail View Post
    Yeah please use BP_Ripper. BP_Ripper_BASE is the parent class, but until Epic allows ClassicGroup to be set I'm forced to use some template classes that RattleSnake provided as a workaround.
    ah, got it! ... thank you will let you know how it all works with an updated version of my ripper map!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Laambo View Post
    Hey Wail I figured out what was my issue (folder Structure) with vers 4! .... got it working couple weeks back and had a full house testing it on my server with a clan mate! ... my Ripper test map only had 8 spawns and we had 10 players ripping it up! ... was nuts/fun!

will give this a test run and let you know how it goes! ... the first thing I noticed is you have 2 ripper options now to choose from to place in your map!? 1 which has the key bind/hud and the other with just mouse wheel to change weapons!? ... something like that!
    Yeah please use BP_Ripper. BP_Ripper_BASE is the parent class, but until Epic allows ClassicGroup to be set I'm forced to use some template classes that RattleSnake provided as a workaround.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Wail I figured out what was my issue (folder Structure) with vers 4! .... got it working couple weeks back and had a full house testing it on my server with a clan mate! ... my Ripper test map only had 8 spawns and we had 10 players ripping it up! ... was nuts/fun!

will give this a test run and let you know how it goes! ... the first thing I noticed is you have 2 ripper options now to choose from to place in your map!? 1 which has the key bind/hud and the other with just mouse wheel to change weapons!? ... something like that!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Updating the Ripper to a new version as I believe I identified and squashed a bug that was crashing servers. For anyone who's got a version of the Ripper in a custom map I highly recommend updating to this version.
    • Potential bug fix when primary blades hitting players pending delete
    • Fixed melee headshot damage type being displayed as primary blade headshot

Updated Ripper PAK
    Updated Uassets for map authors. If you previously downloaded this archive please update and replace the files.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bumping for new build. Also be aware that I moved the locations of some files around on Rushbase to try and organize things a bit more cleanly.

Updated Ripper PAK
    Updated Uassets for map authors. If you previously downloaded this archive please update and replace the files.

Doing a pass on all weapons and once I am able I will update the Weapon Testing Arena map.
    Last edited by Wail; 10-21-2015, 11:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X