Ripper WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Looking great dude! Looks like you improved the secondary homing feature too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good work Wail. One thing which is currently strange to use. The delay (and active pointer for the explosion discs) between the 3rd fire mode and the 1st one is too high IMO.

PS: Check your PMs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ripper is looking very nice thank you for continuing to work on it.

I didn't read through all the thread but do you have plans to change it to the UC2 one or keep it like is? The UC2 one was pretty sweet. It would be sweet to upgrade it to UE4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ldmbYXs9E

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New Ripper version with variety of changes:
    • Ripper weapon now bound to 3 key for ClassicGroups property (thanks RattleSNAK3). This can be adjusted as necessary, but seems like a decent number to put it on.
    • Ripper default crosshair is now two horizontal lines
    • Ripper crosshair changes when in melee range / pressing fire would initiate a melee attack
    • Ripper damagetypes now utilize custom icons per damagetype (melee, melee headshot, blade, blade headshot, explosive disc)
    • Fixed orientation on melee particle effects, added decal on melee attack
    • Explosive Blade now glowing purple outer ring, more strong purple glow in trail
    • Bouncing Blade now rotating silvery / light grey outer ring
    • New Ammo Pickup Sound
    • Adjustments to Ripper Mesh Material
    • Explosive Blade Radius to 330 (360 to 330, to match with default Rocket radius)

Cumulatively there's a lot of changes here so I did a new Uasset version for map authors (see link in OP). I'll also be updating the Weapon Test Arena map soon.

Made a new video to demonstrate some of the new features, since the other video was made over 6 months ago.

VIDEO UPDATED OCT 18 2015
    Last edited by Wail; 10-18-2015, 07:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Created some custom Ripper kill icons. In order: Melee, melee headshot, primary blade, primary blade headshot, secondary blade.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I PM'd you about the re-cook and I have a log but could not find where I could attach that to the PM!
    ... you want me to do it here on the thread?

ps. I even created a whole new map and had same results as far as not working/showing online...works in offline mode but not online?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wail View Post
    That is very strange Laambo, I literally just cooked a map two days ago with the Ripper and some other modified weapons in it. There must be some additional information in the log for why the process failed, if you don't mind could you try that again and let me know what the message you received was?
    ... will do!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Laambo View Post
    first I downloaded and installed it like you posted on your OP;

Map Authors looking to utilize the Ripper:
    UAssets (v. beta 4): Download Here.
    Last Uasset Update was on: May 11 2015
    Basic install instructions: Unzip and place the Ripper folder in "Epic Games/UnrealTournamentEditor/UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/"

... then I brought in a weapons base, hit the dropdown and selected the ripper! ... I also have a Weapons Base BP I made for my Instagib riffle and made a duplicated of that BP to have for the ripper ready to go (drag n drop) for future maps/projects!

I was able to cook/share a CTF map and that's the one I'm having issues with atm! .... I tried cooking/sharing a DM map but it kept Failing after about a min. and a half or so in the share process! ...but once I took out the ripper it cooked/shared just fine?

... let me know if you need anything else!?
    That is very strange Laambo, I literally just cooked a map two days ago with the Ripper and some other modified weapons in it. There must be some additional information in the log for why the process failed, if you don't mind could you try that again and let me know what the message you received was?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Laambo can you describe a little more the steps you took? Were you manually placing the weapon in a level or attempting to use the weapon replacement mutator?
    first I downloaded and installed it like you posted on your OP;

Map Authors looking to utilize the Ripper:
    UAssets (v. beta 4): Download Here.
    Last Uasset Update was on: May 11 2015
    Basic install instructions: Unzip and place the Ripper folder in "Epic Games/UnrealTournamentEditor/UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/"

... then I brought in a weapons base, hit the dropdown and selected the ripper! ... I also have a Weapons Base BP I made for my Instagib riffle and made a duplicated of that BP to have for the ripper ready to go (drag n drop) for future maps/projects!

I was able to cook/share a CTF map and that's the one I'm having issues with atm! .... I tried cooking/sharing a DM map but it kept Failing after about a min. and a half or so in the share process! ...but once I took out the ripper it cooked/shared just fine?

... let me know if you need anything else!?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Laambo View Post
    I've tried to ad this to a couple maps only to find that I must be missing a step to get this to work online! .... I can see it on one of my maps and use it in game but other ppl see just the base no weapon!?

Can we get Server Instructions added to OP as well!?

Thanks
    Laambo can you describe a little more the steps you took? Were you manually placing the weapon in a level or attempting to use the weapon replacement mutator?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've tried to ad this to a couple maps only to find that I must be missing a step to get this to work online! .... I can see it on one of my maps and use it in game but other ppl see just the base no weapon!?

Can we get Server Instructions added to OP as well!?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
    It should be getting a bit more playtesting now. I released a version of Codex with the ripper in it recently and have a couple more remakes in the works with ripper included too.
    Thanks for keeping up with that Mox. I worry about putting it out there on too many maps given I know it will change, but I guess we have to do it at this phase.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Updated the link in the OP for you Skaary. This version is simply recooked for the current build. I want to take a second look later on at some material-related issues that I suspect I need to fix.

Overall update: No changes, I'm relatively happy with the current functionality where it's at right now. The weapon needs real playtesting before any further functional changes. The biggest thing I'd like to do with this bad boy is to get a unique model for it.
    It should be getting a bit more playtesting now. I released a version of Codex with the ripper in it recently and have a couple more remakes in the works with ripper included too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, Wail. But I worry about - will be the Ripper by default weapon, and located with other weapons on the map by default?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Updated the link in the OP for you Skaary. This version is simply recooked for the current build. I want to take a second look later on at some material-related issues that I suspect I need to fix.

Overall update: No changes, I'm relatively happy with the current functionality where it's at right now. The weapon needs real playtesting before any further functional changes. The biggest thing I'd like to do with this bad boy is to get a unique model for it.
    Last edited by Wail; 09-21-2015, 06:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X