X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    great work man. love that ripper <3

can you give me an actual download link? Want to test it so bad

btw. [MENTION=3094]Wail[/MENTION] would you mind if I use it in my mod XLR8?
    https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...lving-to-a-Mod

I have implemented a cheap version of a ripper (just new projectile, using sniper skin) and would like to replace it with your version tbh.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wail View Post
    Really has more to do with the direction of the core game than anything else. It'd be easy to fix but I don't think the desire is there.
    Yeah unfortunately my desire to play this game isnt exactly there, Ive been modding it the entire time but I realised that I dont actually play that often because I dont actually enjoy it as much as I have previous UTs (it doesnt feel fun).

I just wanted to reiterate that wasnt directed at you solely and if anyone has gone above and beyond to try to pull the community together but until Epic are part of the community I dont think this project will succeed, it cant be community based democracy and a dictatorship, its basically the same game it would be if it were under publisher control.

Just as an eg, this thread has almost double the amount of views than the Chaos Mod thread, which I think is proof in and of itself the popularity of this weapon. (thats without fancy art too!)

Originally posted by nes710 View Post
    Yea Epic has kinda talked around it over the past 2 years. I don't think they are going to ever put the Ripper back in the core set.
    What upsets me most is the Biorifle is clearly worse balanced if not onpar with the Ripper but the Ripper is the one that gets left out.

This isnt the only thing, having the original musicians lose interest was a big turning point for me, continually having to fight for minor changes to make modding easier. Its just not a nice environment, its very egotistical and self centered, something Im really not interested in and that is mainly because of Epics heavy handedness and unwillingness to respond to the community in kind.

Now the typical response I expect is collision blah blah... I will still be including the Ripper on Phobos if you dont mind [MENTION=3094]Wail[/MENTION]

(oh and the lightning gun)

Im not going to compromise on this, Ive been bending over backwards compromising since the get go!
    Last edited by MonsOlympus; 06-24-2016, 12:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yea Epic has kinda talked around it over the past 2 years. I don't think they are going to ever put the Ripper back in the core set.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
    I really dont like the sound of this, is there really no chance of getting this weapon in the core set? It makes me so sad that we have all these resources to do amazing work if we just worked together but instead we are all competing and its having an adverse effect on the core experience.
    Really has more to do with the direction of the core game than anything else. It'd be easy to fix but I don't think the desire is there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wail View Post
    I don't personally recommend including it in maps anymore. The approach I'm going to be using going forward will be to try and abstract away placement of objects from maps as much as possible, since maps themselves are hundreds of megabytes and redownloading such huge files is both wasteful and costly in many respects. Also, in general I only want the Ripper to be considered within & balanced against Unreal Prime weaponry.
    I really dont like the sound of this, is there really no chance of getting this weapon in the core set? It makes me so sad that we have all these resources to do amazing work if we just worked together but instead we are all competing and its having an adverse effect on the core experience.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Antnee83 View Post
    So, I noticed that in my editor, I can add one of these in, but I've never explicitly downloaded the weapon. Does this mean it's now a "default", and anyone can use it? If I include it in my map, will this cause anyone problems if they haven't downloaded the weapon specifically?
    It's not default. You must've downloaded it at some point and don't remember it, if it's showing up in the editor for you.

I don't personally recommend including it in maps anymore. The approach I'm going to be using going forward will be to try and abstract away placement of objects from maps as much as possible, since maps themselves are hundreds of megabytes and redownloading such huge files is both wasteful and costly in many respects. Also, in general I only want the Ripper to be considered within & balanced against Unreal Prime weaponry.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So, I noticed that in my editor, I can add one of these in, but I've never explicitly downloaded the weapon. Does this mean it's now a "default", and anyone can use it? If I include it in my map, will this cause anyone problems if they haven't downloaded the weapon specifically?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I loaded it up and gave it a go. First I would like to say the model is beautiful. Additionally, I love the secondary fire and the ability to curve the rounds. I think thats super cool. This brings some new things to the unreal table, and I think it would be a valuable asset to the game.

However, and it may have been previously stated, but the ammo has a bit of a bug. The primary fire seems to have unlimited ammo, as in the number doesn't decrease. The alt fire takes away two per shot, which I think is on purpose.

I think it would be a nice touch to add some small fx to the weapon. I think it would bring a lot of life if the purple lights sort of dimmed and brightened, making it sort of breathe in a lose sense. The Ripper isn't really supposed to be a human invention if I've got my lore right Beyond that, I wish the blade would spin when idle, and with that a quiet ambient "whrrrr" sort of deal. Nothing like the impact hammer of course, I wouldn't want to give away your position with this. Just something small and only audible in the immediate vicinity.

Anyway, excellent work so far. Really enjoying playing around with this!! I really want to include it in the map I am working on!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -jay- View Post
    I played with this weapon briefly in a pug over the weekend. My biggest concern was that the blades were too slow to be really effective, I found myself having lead targets far more than I expected at close ranges. The projectiles need a speed bump as the game speed is just too fast.
    Primary or secondary blades? The primary blades are set at (IIRC) 5000 uu which is as fast as the Flak Shards come out and faster than any other projectile in the game. Secondary blades are set at ~3000 uu, the speed of the rockets. If you have a VOD I'll happily watch it, but I don't think I want to change those values without substantial demonstration they're not working.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I played with this weapon briefly in a pug over the weekend. My biggest concern was that the blades were too slow to be really effective, I found myself having lead targets far more than I expected at close ranges. The projectiles need a speed bump as the game speed is just too fast.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Laambo View Post
    Last Uasset Update was on: Oct 22 2015.
    Think that's accurate. Check on Rushbase as usual.
    Currently haven't updated the Uasset download because I wanted some time to think about and do some testing on map-embedded vs. standalone vs. mutator in the future to prevent conflicts.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Last Uasset Update was on: Oct 22 2015.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update for New Build
    I've done a small update to the Ripper for this new build. The current build broke the default key bindings, sadly it's not feasible to fix this on my end.

Suggested Workarounds:

1. Use the in-game menu to rebind the Ripper to another key/group
    2. In your Game.ini, you can add the following to set keybinds (and crosshairs) on this weapon

Code:
    [/Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/Ripper/BP_Ripper_v10.BP_Ripper_v10_C]
    Group=3

Audio rebalancing: Audio was tweaked for this version to improve audio falloff and decrease overall volume and harshness of audio. Still not totally happy with where this is at, but this should be mostly where it ought to be.
    Infinite ammo bug: Please let me know if you're seeing this bug. I haven't been able to replicate it myself but doing some additional checking for this.

I have also gone to an explicit version number in the PAK names to prevent older version conflicts.

Updated Ripper PAK
    Updated Weapon Replacement Mutator
    Last edited by Wail; 12-17-2015, 05:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The ammo thing sorta works. So when I first picked it up, ammo was decreasing, but once it reached 12 it stopped decreasing. I picked up the weapon again for more ammo and it maxed out but never decreased after that.

Ill have to double check again tonight, but I could hear the blades all the way across the map with no audible difference, every blade bounce was the same, no matter how far away.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -jay- View Post
    I tried build 6 out, some feedback:

-I only tested it in the editor, but ammo usages is not working, it has unlimited ammo.
    -Reduce the distance from which you can hear the discs bouncing, you can hear them all the way across the map.
    - Cafe reporting unlimited ammo too. Ammo works for me fine, but it's possible that version of the assets may be in error.
    - Attenuation on audio & audio overall has been something I've been messing with for the newest yet-unreleased version. Hard to strike the right balance between audible-across-the-map and completely-silent-and-deadly. Neither are really good states to be in. I think it's hitting a good middle ground now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X