Enforcer WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may not totally relevant, but I was thinking:
    Since you seem to be turning out so many ideas for weapons, and obviously will be scrapping a good load, how about adding a weapon customisation option in UT?
    A player will be able to unlock different versions of the same weapon as they progress, using them on unmodded servers. The con of this is that you'd have to make sure all different versions of the weapon are at the same kind of level of power.
    Additionally, it will allow the community to make and sell its own modified weapons.

This may contribute to the workload a great deal, and I'm sorry if its a useless idea, just thought I'd put it out there.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTheF4rth View Post
      This may not totally relevant, but I was thinking:
      Since you seem to be turning out so many ideas for weapons, and obviously will be scrapping a good load, how about adding a weapon customisation option in UT?
      A player will be able to unlock different versions of the same weapon as they progress, using them on unmodded servers. The con of this is that you'd have to make sure all different versions of the weapon are at the same kind of level of power.
      Additionally, it will allow the community to make and sell its own modified weapons.

This may contribute to the workload a great deal, and I'm sorry if its a useless idea, just thought I'd put it out there.
      In the case of the "Core" UT game, I think the goal will probably be to have a common weapon set. My goal in general is to make that weapon set as cool and interesting and innovative as possible.

Beyond that, I totally agree with you though. There's no reason why multiple variations can't exist. I am very strongly in favor of having variant weapons and giving players more options & customization for the weapons they use. A lot of these ideas don't fit into what UT has traditionally been conceived of, though, and we need to build up more framework for this kind of thing to make sense.
      Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Raxxy had a brilliant idea a while back for having a set of starting weapons of which you could choose from. After all, normies love their "loadouts" amiright.
        On topic, I like some ideas you got there wail, but I absolutely loathe the random spread idiocy we got in the enforcer. As far as I know it's to "balance" the dmg output of the weapon. Instead of just not giving it the dmg output potential in the first place and not make it spread. Seems like a no-brainer to me really.
        If I had to specify what I would like it would be a auto-fire primary without spread and low dmg, and the charge grenades from 2k4, but with less bounce to them since this was always kinda silly.
        For me the starting weapon centers the whole gunplay. It centers your aim, if you will. Making it a random spread and stop and shoot is not centering anything, more like the opposite, aside from bringing a random factor into a supposedly competitive game. Also I hate the sound it does more than anything, I want to cut my ears off every time, but that's another story.

For different ideas for starter weapons I've seen a lot already, I think also from you wail. I love the dispersion pistol idea, fast single shot primary, slower charge secondary projectile with a small splash and bigger hitbox with the potential of juggling opponents like the grenade would too. It would be unreal universe so no problems lore-wise imo.
        Last edited by Tetsu; 12-13-2015, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Honestly don't like the idea of grenades on the pistol, it was bad in 2k with the assault rifle, and we already have tons of grenades in the game. The RL has the grenades you're looking for, the flak has an impact grenade, and the Bio Rifle is sticky proximity mines, why do we need more bouncy nades, especially on the starter weapon? This will result in even more nade spam, plus you'll have to limit the nades to a very small quantity, which make them almost useless.

I also think the 3 shot burst is bad, I'd like to see full auto back on right click, and accurate slower shots on left click -- it's about the only thing that makes sense for the weapons. If you think this is a bit too UT 99, than we can make it a little more unreal by making the primary fire fully auto and the secondary charged energy projectiles, ala dispersion pistol. The problem with charged projectiles is, they are counter intuitive to the speed of the game.

Grenades don't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Laokin View Post
            it was bad in 2k with the assault rifle, and we already have tons of grenades in the game. The RL has the grenades you're looking for
            How was it "bad" in 2k4, it's one of the only starter weapons in arena shooters that could let you face a normal weapon and win the fight if you were good enough. And the RL does certainly not have the grenades I'm looking for, it's not a starter weapon. Tbh it has the grenades I'm laughing at atm, they are a shining example of something that's in the game out of pure nostalgia for 99 . They are cringeworthy in my opinion the RL would be simply miles better with it's 2k4 modes, hands down. It's so much less fun to use, and even less fun playing against. That's not even only my opinion that's the general census.

I also think the 3 shot burst is bad, I'd like to see full auto back on right click, and accurate slower shots on left click
            Could agree with that, but what does "slower" mean for you? Also miss the gangbanger style of the secondary, that was always a cool feature. The game could honestly need more style over all, it's as bland as a burger without ketchup.

How would you think about the possibility to choose from a variety of starter weapons? Would it be too "loadouty" for you or could you see that happening?
            I.E. dispersion pistol, enforcer, something else?
            Last edited by Tetsu; 12-16-2015, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Is it possible to make in UT4 doube enforcer like machine rifle? One vertical enforser in right hand, one horizontal enforcer in left hand, but both enforcers a two-handed weapon + some geometry merger, parallel barrels one above the other, bullet sleeves fly to the left and up, not touching left hand. And double enforcer looks on the groud as a separate weapon. Or two-handed enforcer looks not good than the two pistols in hands?

Added

Do not like this enforcer design, think this the wrong way take design from UT99, becouse it is a completely different. Sorry who have made it, but this enforcer and flak looks like temporary guns for beta. This enforcer does not look "futuristic" and especially "futuristic-sport" gun as in UT3. This is wrong, when the current gun looks weaker than in UT3.

And wish about enforcer

1) Single enforcer - primary fire - one bullet, alt. fire - triple bullets
              2) Double enforcer - assault rifle for 2 hands (from UT2004) - merge geometry. Primary fire x2 rate of fire (no need triple bullets), alt. fire - triple grenade - 3 bullet-grenades (as UT3 rocket launcher 3 flying horizontally rockets) explode in the air near the shooting or touching the enemy - a bit over powered, but need the second enforcer to use rifle and no replenishment of ammo.

It looks like 1.5 gun in one gun, but without compromising the balance of the game
              Last edited by Andriushka; 02-16-2016, 04:23 PM.

Comment

How about this for the model: [Concept Art] Enforcer Pareidolia - Pareidolia / Based off GPR-021 Toner Cartridge

Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Preview of the Renegade Enforcer for Unreal Prime.

Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

I really really really like the Renegade enforcer. These are the sort of ideas and new features Epic needs to be testing and playing with.
                    PayBack

Comment

That enforcer alt fire is interesting, should be tested. Enforcer combo, interesting.

Comment

About double enforcer alt. fire. which suppose so is not used, because primary double shooting more effective. What if double enforcer alt. attack - is shot clinging (sticky)bullets. Enforcer is large-caliber pistol and bullets can be a mini-charges. 4 bullets are not effective, need the second enforcer and 8 bullets looks like strong attack. Alt. attack uses 8 ammo. It can use 10-12 ammo and mine looks more massive and much more wires, but probably 8 enough. The gun ejects the bullets at a small-average distance one by one in one quad ejects-shot. This shot is not audible to the enemy (like a shot of a muffler). All the bullets in the gun folded like beads. If a shot comes off the wire and the bullet has the usual action. The pistol has electronic elements, not only the mechanism. There are buttons on the pistol similar to the levers of blast-controlled mines.

Eight charges ejected from the guns barrels, one by one, and cling to any surface or wall. Looks like mine consisting of 8 charges. Owner activate mine by clicking alt. fire button once. He should have a two enforcers in hands for this time course. Also, the charge can explode when an enemy steps on it or very close fit. To obtain this explosion, the owner can not have guns in their hands course. Explosion activated immediately. But setting mine on surface or wall after firing and contact requires 2-2.5 seconds. And it is not used like a grenade.

Explosion radius is slightly above average. Damage 40-80 (in center). The waiting time to activate mine until the owner respawn was. Activation no need additional ammo and can be only one owner's active mine on map couse. If the owner has made respawn, the mine standby mode does not apply on and off without a explosion. Charges looks small despite the fact that the mine increases, because bullets apart. When the enemy saw the charge he can shoot mine, but it explodes with the same damage. The enemy can come to the mine and a distance to deactivate pressed the use button. The charge will be deactivated for 1 second (during which the owner can detonate a mine). But it can be a trap and will a maximum damage if owner pressed alt. fire button again.

This mine can also be attached to the allied vehicles, but not to ally. Setting the mine after the shot is always at one point even if at the time of firing the enforcers barrels to move quickly in the direction.

Better if one enforcer alt. fire still triple bullets shot, and may be this shot a bit more effective.
                        Last edited by Andriushka; 06-14-2016, 07:03 PM.

Comment

the enforcer is currently extremely underpowered . all weapons should be best at something , but the enforcer basically has no chance against any other weapon in any scenario , which is unacceptable because players can respawn very close to alive players .

because players start with the enforcer it should logically be all-around , giving it at least should have a chance against the other weapons at the different ranges/scenarios . this is accomplished by increasing the bullet precision and impact damage . also i think that the headshot should be lethal and the alt-fire should have a shorter cool-down period .

Comment

Working...
                          X