Stinger WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wail View Post
    Bumping this to demo new prototype alt-fire functionality. Updated the original post with video and description:
    That feels and sounds amazing. I'm not even playing.

Comment

Originally posted by ChA1NsAw View Post
      That feels and sounds amazing. I'm not even playing.
      This! Devs please take note! This mechanic just makes so much sense, it fits Stinger so much better than Rocket Launcher imo.

I think currently the shards ammo consumption probably could be highered slightly, not as much as it was initially but slightly more than it is now (also makes sense physically looking at the size of the iceicles), at least if this mechanic would be added.
      Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 04-16-2015, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Due to an unfortunate tendency towards masochism, I sat down and attempted to implement some of the Stinger functionality I was playing with recently in C++ and port it to Blueprints. The behavior still has some kinks to work out, so don't expect perfection -- But for the most part it works okay and I think it might be worth releasing out into the wild in order to get some other eyes on this thing and possibly help nail down some of the issues (or find new ones).

I don't really consider this a completed weapon by any means but you all can try playing around with it using the weapon replacer mutator and we can start experimenting with these ideas.

Download Here

Known issues:

- Can sometimes fire single shots without consuming ammo
        - Can sometimes begin charging immediately after completing firing sequence, other times have to wait
        - Stuck firing single shots until refire timer expires (bad messaging / lack of proper handling for automatic refiring)
        Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

the design is really cool, but that seems like it would be really OP. If you reduced the damage of the shards i could totally seeing this being awesome though.

Comment

Originally posted by Numb.51 View Post
            the design is really cool, but that seems like it would be really OP. If you reduced the damage of the shards i could totally seeing this being awesome though.
            If you play with this you'll notice I already changed quite a few properties on the shards. This is dramatically different functionality, we shouldn't assume anything about the current Stinger fire would remain the same.
            Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

How are you supposed to load this? The Ripper proto works just fine for me placing in the UnrealTournamentDev\UnrealTournament\Content\Paks folder and using weapon replacement but can't get this to work, don't find any other than Stinger Minigun in the list of weapons to pick and they are just the normal stinger when I tested it.

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
                How are you supposed to load this? The Ripper proto works just fine for me placing in the UnrealTournamentDev\UnrealTournament\Content\Paks folder and using weapon replacement but can't get this to work, don't find any other than Stinger Minigun in the list of weapons to pick and they are just the normal stinger when I tested it.
                I'm not quite sure what's going haywire, but I suspect it was because I only renamed the Blueprint (BP_StingerSequencerMinigun) and not the actual display name of the weapon (Stinger Minigun). To clarify this I repacked it and updated the link on Rushbase. When you're using the weapon replacer, it should be obvious which is which now.

Comment

Thanks! Now worked beautifully. This firemode is rather fun to use I must admit. I also like how you updated the primary fire to be really clear where the bullets hit. Maybe you tweaked the spread a little bit too? Which I feel is welcomed if so.

I'm unsure if I really want to go away from the iceshards though but guess maps would become way too spammy and bloated with iceshards if that stayed.
                  Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 04-20-2015, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
                    Thanks! Now worked beautifully. This firemode is rather fun to use I must admit. I also like how you updated the primary fire to be really clear where the bullets hit. Maybe you tweaked the spread a little bit too? Which I feel is welcomed if so.

I'm unsure if I really want to go away from the iceshards though but guess maps would become way too spammy and bloated with iceshards if that stayed.
                    The alt projectiles are still shards, but they don't stick around with this prototype. I'm not really convinced they are doing anything good as they are.
                    I wanted to look at re-implementing the original idea I had for them, and expanding on that in a couple of different directions, but getting the loading functionality working correctly is the first step here.

Comment

This is awesome great job man

Comment

Bumping this thread.

New download available. This fixes all the known bugs in the older version of the Sequencer prototype. Please let me know if you run into any edge cases I haven't found.

New image macro breakdown of functionality:
                        This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Also made an updated video demonstration using the latest packaged version of the weapon.

Comment

Bump - Updated .pak at the download link for the new build & fixed some minor issues with the Sequencer weapon.

Comment

interesting concepts!
                            I particular like to ability to wall climb with the shards!
                            Im not so keen on the secondairy fire where 9 bullets are charged up. I feel it would suit the gun more to have a max of 3 shards in that case, so that you get quicker burst-fires.

I also like that it is not just hitscan, but has a bit of drag. i feel the placeholder in UT4 is just too pricise/too easy to handle(1st fire mode) atm.
                            Also im wondering whether the gun needs rate of fire start-up time, just like the minigun.
                            Last edited by Thallishman; 05-30-2015, 05:28 AM.
                            Played: Quake 3, Quake team arena, Unreal tournament, Unreal tournament 2k4, Unrealchampionship 2, Shootmania, (early) Halo series

Comment

Originally posted by Thallishman View Post
                              I also like that it is not just hitscan, but has a bit of drag. i feel the placeholder in UT4 is just too pricise/too easy to handle(1st fire mode) atm.
                              What are you referring to? The primary fire is the same as the Epic Stinger/Minigun.

Originally posted by Thallishman View Post
                              Also im wondering whether the gun needs rate of fire start-up time, just like the minigun.
                              This is already present.

Comment

I meant i could see the bullets hitting behind the crosshair when moving it arround.
                                Played: Quake 3, Quake team arena, Unreal tournament, Unreal tournament 2k4, Unrealchampionship 2, Shootmania, (early) Halo series

Comment

Working...
                                X