Stinger WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should this

and widening of the crosshair (spread) be implemented for the stinger? After all those bullets have momentum, unlike most other weapons which shoot energy balls/beams, or fire too slowly for these effects to be noticeable, and therefore not needed to be implemented.

Moreover i think it is really cool when weapons had distintinc personalities and mechanics. Imo, this would give the stinger more personality and realism.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by An1MuS; 06-27-2015, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Maybe to make the crystals color was yellow. This is a new minigun model. Shoot stronger crystals, thich are not destructible.

Last edited by Andriushka; 08-03-2015, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andriushka View Post
        Maybe to make the crystals color was yellow.
        Nope. Stinger shoots Tarydium crystals. A Tarydium have a blue color - http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Tarydium

Comment

Originally posted by Skaary View Post
          Nope. Stinger shoots Tarydium crystals. A Tarydium have a blue color - http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Tarydium
          No, becouse one man discovered Tarydium - R3 (Rich 3). Have you forgotten?

Comment

No, becouse one man discovered Tarydium - R3 (Rich 3). Have you forgotten?
            I hear it for the first time. Need more official information, please.

Comment

Need more official information

Sorry , this is the best screenshot quality
              Last edited by Andriushka; 08-03-2015, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Sorry , this is the best screenshot quality
                No offense, but this far-fetched. I insist that the blue crystals - it is a piece of classic, old school and a recognizable element of the franchise.

Don't need make changes without necessary.

Comment

Think new (in one video shows) minigun model good with yellow color crystals.

Comment

There's really no point in discussion visual design in this thread. You guys should go to the art forum.
                    Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Guys, I have noticed that most of weapons anyway have a combo.

And I came up with a combo for the Stinger - hold down the right mouse button and then press the left mouse button for shot a crystal fragments (as in the first Unreal). The effect is like a shot of Flak, but the shards does not bounce off walls and bring damage from touching.

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Skaary View Post
                        Guys, I have noticed that most of weapons anyway have a combo.

And I came up with a combo for the Stinger - hold down the right mouse button and then press the left mouse button for shot a crystal fragments (as in the first Unreal). The effect is like a shot of Flak, but the shards does not bounce off walls and bring damage from touching.

What do you think?
                        I'm not too keen on this idea. I prefer unique functionality, stepping on the toes of the Flak Cannon is not where I would like to go with this one.
                        Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Updated the Stinger Sequencer Minigun, download link here and in the OP.
                          • 1p Mesh uses Panini material
                          • Adjusted Mesh positioning size/scale
                          • Various other minor elements added over the past few months (stats kills names, etc).
                          • Blueprint Bug Fixes

Comment

Once again, updated Stinger Sequencer Minigun for the latest build.

Comment

I was thinking that shards could have a weak electrical field that would arc from one to the other, creating a use for peppering an area with the shards. Area denial for CTF or other applications. Much tighter grouping required than the Bio-Link combo, though. The electrical arcs would act as a tripwire and detonate the shards in the immediate vicinity, causing a decent amount of damage. While the burst fire is neat, it's hard to make it a unique weapon.

If thrown, the stinger could also self-assemble into a 3-10 second sentry turret that could be destroyed relatively easily. Thjnk laptop gun from good ol' Perfect Dark.

I'm with the crowd that thinks the weapon should definitely have some unique flair to it. Just throwing in my two cents.

Comment

Please replace stinger with minigun from UT2004 or 2003 or 99. No matter. Just replace it with minigun.
                                DM-Aerowalk| DM-StompingGrounds

Comment

Working...
                                X