Stinger WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    What if we add a very small fragments to stinger alt .fire. These fragments flying over the main shell, have a very small aoe in air, damage is 1/3 of alt. fire damage. This is like the second bullet, flying for the first. Second fire line in one attack line. The line of attack is more dense, denser than the link line of attack or same. Perhaps these fragments disappear when flying on medium range. The rate of fragments aoe expansion is slow or no the aoe expansion. Small fragments do not pushes the enemy of course.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Andriushka; 08-11-2016, 09:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is pure BP but it'd be way easier to do in C++. You basically have to reinvent the wheel when it comes to implementing charging functionality in BP, lots of timers everywhere. You can probably do what you want at the end of the day.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Wail, this is some really cool stuff, I definitely think the minigun is a weapon that could use some more imaginative features than it currently has. Can I ask if this was done purely using blueprint or did you need to use C++? I've been toying with trying to get a charge mechanic working on the stinger myself but I wasn't really sure if I could make it work just using the editor and blueprint.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Updating the Stinger Sequencer Minigun to v12.

Features: Increased weapon switch speed, secondary fire spread starts at 0 (no spread) and only increases gradually on subsequent shots, adjusted secondary projectile flight behavior, adjusted audio volume, fixed bugs with loading and display of loaded shots, added mutator configuration menu

Downloads:
    Stinger Sequencer Minigun Weapon Replacement Mutator v12
    Stinger Sequencer Minigun Weapon v12

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Updating the Stinger Sequencer Minigun to v11.

Features: Sped up secondary firing overall, increased secondary damage, added new 'Overdrive' mode, HUD indicators (should be configurable), improved kill icons, audio and visual effects overhaul, etc.

This is a pretty big update to this weapon so definitely want to keep an eye out for any broken functionality or issues with the new version.

Downloads:
    Stinger Sequencer Minigun Weapon Replacement Mutator v11
    Stinger Sequencer Minigun Weapon v11

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Like the idea and how it looks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Glad you guys are liking this, I'm quite excited to get to play with this in the next build.

Originally posted by CzajnikGrozy View Post
    Feels amazing and powerful, just as minigun should be. I'm curious about the muzzle flash color, is this going to remain Stinger or will it become Minigun eventually? Anyway, it's functionality could be best of all UT series.
    You can decide for yourself whether it's either a Stinger or Minigun. To me it's both. This weapon definitely draws on materials from all incarnations of the gun.
    Yellow coloration will stay, but further refinements of effects are always in consideration.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Feels amazing and powerful, just as minigun should be. I'm curious about the muzzle flash color, is this going to remain Stinger or will it become Minigun eventually? Anyway, it's functionality could be best of all UT series.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice.

( 10 chars )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sneak peek at the latest updates to the Stinger Sequencer Minigun. Planning to make this available shortly after the next build drops.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by biggamer21 View Post
    I've played with it quiet a bit and your thoughts are true I guess. The charge time is too long and it's not really reliable to score a frag with, or to do good damage. I do like the idea though.

Personally I'm a fan of the original minigun, where the primary is much slower but more effective in long range, and the secondary is much faster but eats up your ammo. I'm not sure the idea of the stinger improved on that functionality, I don't think it did.
    When it comes to the Sequencers secondary there are a lot of parameters that can be tweaked for exploring the idea and making it useful. Number of charges, time per charge, damage of projectiles, speed of projectiles, speed of barrage, spread angle, etc. I'd be surprised if it were right out of the box but there's enough parameters to tweak that I think it can be made useful (whatever that means).

As for the old primary / secondary mechanics: I agree, having those was kind of nice. I plan on bringing that back in some fashion, although unfortunately there are some limitations because of lack of C++ support for what I would like to do. It is nice to be able to go from standard firing to balls-to-the-walls berserk mode when the situation warrants it though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've played with it quiet a bit and your thoughts are true I guess. The charge time is too long and it's not really reliable to score a frag with, or to do good damage. I do like the idea though.

Personally I'm a fan of the original minigun, where the primary is much slower but more effective in long range, and the secondary is much faster but eats up your ammo. I'm not sure the idea of the stinger improved on that functionality, I don't think it did.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by phantaci View Post
    I love your stinger alt fire.
    Thanks, have you been finding it effective? I definitely like it in terms of aligning gameplay with thematics (Minigun, ergo firing lots of bullets), but I'm not sure how useful it has really been. Most of the times I've seen people use it, they don't end up ever killing anyone.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love your stinger alt fire.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update for New Build
    Once again updating the weapon for a new build. The current build broke the default key bindings for this weapon so the major objective in this version was fixing that. Weapon should correctly bind to key 6 by default.
    Other features: Reduced weapon switch time (Refire Put Down Time)
    I have also gone to an explicit version number in the PAK names to prevent older version conflicts.

This weapon was completely rebuilt from scratch as a consequence of trying to get the bindings to work so please let me know of any issues.

Updated Sequencer Minigun PAK
    Updated Weapon Replacement Mutator

Leave a comment:

Working...
X