Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Dispersion Pistol

>>>DOWNLOAD HERE<<<
    (Download Link last updated: Oct 04 2015.)

VIDEO UPDATED April 25 2015

Features of this Weapon:
    Primary Fire: Rapid fire of nonlethal tazer bolts.
    Alternate Fire : Charges up over time to release a singular, more powerful and explosive bolt.
    Ammo: Ammo for the Dispersion Pistol regenerates over time. The closer you are to completely depleting the energy charge, the faster it regenerates.

Discussion

This weapon is meant to be a roughly-faithful version of the Dispersion Pistol from Unreal 1, and intended for use in the Unreal remake project. Overall characteristics are inspired by the original but in the interest of making this more fun for tournament use the overall damage output is a bit higher to begin with. This version should be mostly 'complete' on the programming side, but there is a large amount of work to actually finalize this weapon. Currently needs a new model, animation, sounds, particles, you name it.

As always please let me know if you have difficulties getting this working, find bugs, or just want to give feedback on the weapon.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wail; 12-17-2015, 04:09 PM.
    Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

I always loved the dispersion pistol. It was a vastly underrated weapon in the right hands, especially with the upgrades (which also had pretty sweet animations). Looking forward to trying out the U1 remake!
    Creator of NewNet for UT99

Comment

Download link in first post updated.

- Fixed some timing issues with the charging behavior at nonstandard GameSpeeds
      - Attempted fix for some materials that weren't cooked into the last package (on the explosion / hit effects). Please let me know if you continue to experience missing materials, I didn't see it myself when testing the previous build either, so I can't confirm whether this is fixed or not
      Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Bump for updated download.
        • 1p Mesh uses Panini material
        • Adjusted Mesh positioning size/scale
        • Adjusting particle effects
        • Added custom player hit overlay effect
        • Various other minor elements added over the past few months (stats kills names, etc).
        • Blueprint Bug Fixes

Improvements To-Do:
        • Custom Model + Animations. Modeler Needed.
        • Visual effects pass (Muzzle flashes, projectiles, explosions)
        • Charge up sound, visual indicator light and ambient "hum" while charged
        • Got a suggestion? Let me know!
        Last edited by Wail; 10-04-2015, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Updated Dispersion Pistol for latest build, download here and in the OP.

Comment

Nice work Wail. I like this a lot. Enforcer AND Dispersion Pistol in the new Unreal Tournament. What a great idea! I bet Gooba could knock out a couple of concepts pretty quickly if he hasn't already.

Comment

Design Sheet

Hi. I'm an Italian joung fan of the Unreal series. I read about this weapon you are working on, and I'd like to see the Dispersion Pistol back! Today, I worked so hard to realize an aesthetic design of the weapon and to think about some changes that could be made on the mechanics/gameplay. I'm quite a newbie at this, so don't expect the "perfection" from me : the following design sheet is a traditional art outline, comments included. I thought about a new alternative mode, too: all the explanation is in the image I posted.

Now, I have to say an other couple of things. There is a default pistol in UT4: the Enforcer. If we add the Dispersion Pistol to the game, it has to be more than a simply pistol, in my opinion. For example, the akimbo Dispersion Pistols would be useless or unoriginal, because there is the same mechanic in the Enforcer. Then, the ability to restore the ammo could give a negative performance picking other Dispersion Pistols while you have already one.

This is my opinion of the weapon. It could appear as the work of a "noob", but I repeat that I'm a newbie at this, and for now I'll use all my current skill to share my ideas with you.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: About the TF2 medic: I was trying to upload the DP image file, but it didn't work, so I tried with an other file, and unfortunately (xD) it worked...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by rapfamily4; 10-05-2015, 08:26 PM.

-Luigi Rapetta
              (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
              Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
                Hi. I'm an Italian joung fan of the Unreal series. I read about this weapon you are working on, and I'd like to see the Dispersion Pistol back! Today, I worked so hard to realize an aesthetic design of the weapon and to think about some changes that could be made on the mechanics/gameplay. I'm quite a newbie at this, so don't expect the "perfection" from me : the following design sheet is a traditional art outline, comments included. I thought about a new alternative mode, too: all the explanation is in the image I posted.

Cool man, I appreciate the time to sketch out your ideas like this. This weapon definitely needs a new model and I think your concept here is very classy.

On functionality: I'm not too concerned with whether this weapon will 'fit' with the current arsenal or be useful in general Deathmatch-style gameplay. The Dispersion Pistol was designed for Unreal 1 Singleplayer gameplay, and distinctive features like recharging ammo cell and upgrades to its power are probably never going to translate well to the context of core UT gameplay where your lifespan is 30 seconds or less. I'm happy to hear new ideas, but I'm probably not going to change anything about the way the Dispersion Pistol specifically behaves just because this was made specifically for an Unreal 1 remake (and maybe can be purposed for other things like Invasion if desired).

For actual new functionality we can just make up a name for a new gun. That's one of the magic things about creativity.

Comment

Since this thread came up again I figured I'd post the following images which I am crossposting from the Unreal 1 remake forums. I'm going to contact some of the people involved over there and see if anyone has any progress on any of these models because even a placeholder model at this stage would be great for getting a better feel for the Dispersion Pistol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Disperstion Pistol Redesign 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	341782

Name:	InO5CpD.jpg
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	341783

Name:	NYlZI5s.jpg
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	341784

Name:	ZI0H3EsaJQU.jpg
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	341785

Comment

Many thanks for the attention, Wail! I agree with you: this weapon is supposed to be a Single player weapon if it is not adapted with other mechanics. As you've said, the alternative fire created by me could be improved and used in an other weapon, then.

I saw the four concepts that you posted: they are really cool and more similar to the original one. By the way, is there an UNREAL remake in progress? Where can I see how it's going on?

-Luigi Rapetta
                    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

I love this rework of the dispersion pistol. Is the UNREAL remake still happening? Rapfamily, your sketch is very cool also, well done.

Comment

Originally posted by GnrlSpecific View Post
                        I love this rework of the dispersion pistol. Is the UNREAL remake still happening? Rapfamily, your sketch is very cool also, well done.
                        Thanks! I hope that this remake project is still alive, anyway! What do you think about the alternative fire that I designed?

-Luigi Rapetta
                        (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

mate please work on it more we need to get rid of enforcer/assault rifle both are bad. ut awakening had good draft for dispersion pistol maybe work around it visually with same projectiles as this it could make a decent weapon and look unreal too!

Comment

Originally posted by R.Riddick View Post
                            mate please work on it more we need to get rid of enforcer/assault rifle both are bad. ut awakening had good draft for dispersion pistol maybe work around it visually with same projectiles as this it could make a decent weapon and look unreal too!
                            Care to elaborate? I'm not opposed to making something that's more 'Tournament Spec' for the DM / CTF game modes.

Comment

Name:	U2dispersionworld.png
Views:	3
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	342908

So this gun was in awakening you could redesign it,

Primary fire would be instant hit plasma like balls that do 20 dmg and have a bit of random spread like enforcer.

Secondary fire would be a charge that could go up to 5 projectiles i guess and it would lunch a slower moving large plasma ball slightly bigger than shock core, that would do 70 dmg (defensive mechanism)

this is the draft idea i have for a starter weapon, primary shots can be yellow and charged plasma ball bit of blue or pinkish suggesting it is hot. it shall move somewhere the speed of shock core maybe even slower, it is spawn weapon after all. current enforcer is too military based gun having no unreal feel alt fire is terrible, primary fire is ok but i'd prefer it to be plasma or laser isntead of regular lead bullets.

As to gun design it could have characteristics of regular pistol but instead of clip it has charger/battery in the middle glowing in bullet color. if you look at how pistol handled in awakening game you can do a bit of copying of animation and redo the sound. as i said ut99 game also had charge plasma guns you can look into them again and combine them in your idea. i will be looking into this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X