No announcement yet.

Dispersion Pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks awesome, I'd love to see this completely replacing the enforcer (so long as dual wielding remains.)

Comment

Mhm, as Wail said, the Dispersion Pistol wouldn't fit with the arena style of the game. But I thought it could be nice add a functionality in Assault game mode where the player is able the select the starter weapons (Dispersion Pistol, Enforcer, Charge-Enforcer, Assault Rifle, Impact Hammer).

-Luigi Rapetta
      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
      Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
        On functionality: I'm not too concerned with whether this weapon will 'fit' with the current arsenal or be useful in general Deathmatch-style gameplay.
        ^^^
        ^^^

Anyway, it would fit better as a variant to choose before respawn‚Äč in certain game modes, in my opinion.

-Luigi Rapetta
        (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
        Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

What I'd ideally like to do is give the Dispersion Pistol to players as the starting sidearm for Invasion (contingent on getting various things functioning properly. Being able to set its select group is nice). Things like regenerating ammo and powering up aren't generally meaningful in DM but are meaningful in Invasion.
          Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

It's really good to hear it!

-Luigi Rapetta
            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

I'm one of the people involved with the remake. Never got to see your DP before. Sad...with the exception of the model it look kickass. If the fate of the Unreal remake wasn't as ill as it was, this would've made for an excellent asset for it.
              I would try to get Shivaxi to develop his model for animating or send it to us or someone else and have them animate it.
              The new UT is coming along nicely...
              Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

It'd be great if he could get me something, even if the animations are fairly crude. Unfortunately the biggest problem I've encountered is there's a lot of art out there but no one ever actually takes it to the next level and ensures that it's in the engine and functional.

I will revisit the Dispersion Pistol here at some point because I'm much more comfortable with creating particle systems now, so I want to do another pass on that and also add support for different particles as the weapon is empowered.
                Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
                  It'd be great if he could get me something, even if the animations are fairly crude. Unfortunately the biggest problem I've encountered is there's a lot of art out there but no one ever actually takes it to the next level and ensures that it's in the engine and functional.
                  KazeoHin might like to help. He's now working to create current-gen looks for Unreal 1 monsters for a possible Invasion or Monster Hunt mode.
                  Last edited by iLikeTheUDK; 06-08-2016, 12:32 AM.
                  The new UT is coming along nicely...
                  Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Flag Invasion is now official since the last build! I think this weapon could have some possibilities to be implemented...

-Luigi Rapetta
                    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Working...
                    X