Dispersion Pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Flag Invasion is now official since the last build! I think this weapon could have some possibilities to be implemented...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wail View Post
    It'd be great if he could get me something, even if the animations are fairly crude. Unfortunately the biggest problem I've encountered is there's a lot of art out there but no one ever actually takes it to the next level and ensures that it's in the engine and functional.
    KazeoHin might like to help. He's now working to create current-gen looks for Unreal 1 monsters for a possible Invasion or Monster Hunt mode.
    Last edited by iLikeTheUDK; 06-08-2016, 12:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It'd be great if he could get me something, even if the animations are fairly crude. Unfortunately the biggest problem I've encountered is there's a lot of art out there but no one ever actually takes it to the next level and ensures that it's in the engine and functional.

I will revisit the Dispersion Pistol here at some point because I'm much more comfortable with creating particle systems now, so I want to do another pass on that and also add support for different particles as the weapon is empowered.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm one of the people involved with the remake. Never got to see your DP before. Sad...with the exception of the model it look kickass. If the fate of the Unreal remake wasn't as ill as it was, this would've made for an excellent asset for it.
    I would try to get Shivaxi to develop his model for animating or send it to us or someone else and have them animate it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's really good to hear it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What I'd ideally like to do is give the Dispersion Pistol to players as the starting sidearm for Invasion (contingent on getting various things functioning properly. Being able to set its select group is nice). Things like regenerating ammo and powering up aren't generally meaningful in DM but are meaningful in Invasion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wail View Post
    On functionality: I'm not too concerned with whether this weapon will 'fit' with the current arsenal or be useful in general Deathmatch-style gameplay.
    ^^^
    ^^^

Anyway, it would fit better as a variant to choose before respawn‚Äč in certain game modes, in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mhm, as Wail said, the Dispersion Pistol wouldn't fit with the arena style of the game. But I thought it could be nice add a functionality in Assault game mode where the player is able the select the starter weapons (Dispersion Pistol, Enforcer, Charge-Enforcer, Assault Rifle, Impact Hammer).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks awesome, I'd love to see this completely replacing the enforcer (so long as dual wielding remains.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	U2dispersionworld.png
Views:	3
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	342908

So this gun was in awakening you could redesign it,

Primary fire would be instant hit plasma like balls that do 20 dmg and have a bit of random spread like enforcer.

Secondary fire would be a charge that could go up to 5 projectiles i guess and it would lunch a slower moving large plasma ball slightly bigger than shock core, that would do 70 dmg (defensive mechanism)

this is the draft idea i have for a starter weapon, primary shots can be yellow and charged plasma ball bit of blue or pinkish suggesting it is hot. it shall move somewhere the speed of shock core maybe even slower, it is spawn weapon after all. current enforcer is too military based gun having no unreal feel alt fire is terrible, primary fire is ok but i'd prefer it to be plasma or laser isntead of regular lead bullets.

As to gun design it could have characteristics of regular pistol but instead of clip it has charger/battery in the middle glowing in bullet color. if you look at how pistol handled in awakening game you can do a bit of copying of animation and redo the sound. as i said ut99 game also had charge plasma guns you can look into them again and combine them in your idea. i will be looking into this thread.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by R.Riddick View Post
    mate please work on it more we need to get rid of enforcer/assault rifle both are bad. ut awakening had good draft for dispersion pistol maybe work around it visually with same projectiles as this it could make a decent weapon and look unreal too!
    Care to elaborate? I'm not opposed to making something that's more 'Tournament Spec' for the DM / CTF game modes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mate please work on it more we need to get rid of enforcer/assault rifle both are bad. ut awakening had good draft for dispersion pistol maybe work around it visually with same projectiles as this it could make a decent weapon and look unreal too!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GnrlSpecific View Post
    I love this rework of the dispersion pistol. Is the UNREAL remake still happening? Rapfamily, your sketch is very cool also, well done.
    Thanks! I hope that this remake project is still alive, anyway! What do you think about the alternative fire that I designed?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love this rework of the dispersion pistol. Is the UNREAL remake still happening? Rapfamily, your sketch is very cool also, well done.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Many thanks for the attention, Wail! I agree with you: this weapon is supposed to be a Single player weapon if it is not adapted with other mechanics. As you've said, the alternative fire created by me could be improved and used in an other weapon, then.

I saw the four concepts that you posted: they are really cool and more similar to the original one. By the way, is there an UNREAL remake in progress? Where can I see how it's going on?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X