• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Rocket Launcher WIP

Rocket Launcher Variants Overview
    Variant Name Eightball Trident Styx
    Coloration Metal + Yellow Metal + Red Metal + Black w/ Green
    Brief Attempt to faithfully recreate the UT99 Rocket Launcher. Includes 6 packs, spread line & cluster fire and control scheme from UT99. Does not include lock on. Attempt to faithfully recreate the UT2k4 Rocket Launcher. Includes spread line & cluster fire and control scheme from UT2k4. Does not include lock on. Balance tweaked variant of the UT4 Rocket Launcher. Increases ammo, decreases rocket damage and splash radius.
    Last Update Oct 04 2015 Dec 17 2015 Sept 08 2015
    Download >>>DOWNLOAD Eightball<<< >>>DOWNLOAD Trident (v10)<<< >>>DOWNLOAD Styx<<<
    VIDEO UPDATED Oct 04 2015
    Demonstration of updated 'Trident' Rocket Launcher'

VIDEO UPDATED Sept 27 2015
    Demonstration of updated 'Eightball' Rocket Launcher

VIDEO UPDATED April 27 2015
    Demonstration of 'Eightball' and 'Trident' Rocket Launchers

Features of the Trident Rocket Launcher:
    Primary Fire: Instantly fires the current loaded rocket.
    Alternate Fire : Loads up to 3 rockets, capable of being dispersed in a line over an area, or in a tight clustered volley.

Features of the Eightball Rocket Launcher:
    Primary Fire: Loads and fires a rocket. Hold to load up to 6 rockets. Rockets can be dispersed in a line over an area, or in a tight clustered volley.
    Alternate Fire : Loads and fires a grenade. Hold to load up to 6 grenades.

Discussion

You know them, you [might] love them. These are my attempts to recreate the functionality of the Unreal Tournament '99 Rocket Launcher, the 'Eightball', and the Unreal Tournament 2004 'Trident' Rocket Launcher. Some of the values may not be precisely correct, so if anything feels off please let me know what I got wrong. For the most part I tried to be completely faithful to the original weapons, but matching everything up in terms of values and feel in the new UT is not an easy task. I also did not implement the spiral effect for the UT2004 clustered mode, and neither Rocket Launcher currently has the lock on capability, although if it's highly desired I might look into bringing that back.

As always please let me know if you have difficulties getting this working, find bugs, or just want to give feedback on the weapons.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wail; 12-17-2015, 04:18 PM.
    Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

I think the descriptions are flipped in your post. Eightball rocket launcher is describing trident and vice versa.

Comment

I dont know whether someone mention it or not, but what if make alt fire like
      right mouse hold for 2 rockets - 2 rockets are separated
      right mouse hold for 3 rockets - 3 rockets are spiral always!
      right mouse+left mouse - grenades
      and left mouse you know - ordinary fire
      so we dont need to change alt fire modes 2 times (between spiral and grenades) like in UT3 and also RL remains almost the same RL like in UT3
      and i personally dont like UT4 alt rocket fire

Comment

Originally posted by cafe View Post
        I think the descriptions are flipped in your post. Eightball rocket launcher is describing trident and vice versa.
        Thanks for the catch, fixed.

Originally posted by e1vp View Post
        I dont know whether someone mention it or not, but what if make alt fire like [/COLOR]
        right mouse hold for 2 rockets - 2 rockets are separated
        right mouse hold for 3 rockets - 3 rockets are spiral always!
        right mouse+left mouse - grenades
        and left mouse you know - ordinary fire
        so we dont need to change alt fire modes 2 times (between spiral and grenades) like in UT3 and also RL remains almost the same RL like in UT3
        and i personally dont like UT4 alt rocket fire
        These are meant to port over functionality of the Rocket Launcher from past games, just as an FYI. Though if an idea gets a lot of support I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.
        Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Hey Wail,
          great job on recreating the eighball RL, tbh I thought that ship had long sailed after UT3 and we would never see it again.
          The functionality looks great and me (still) being a real fan of it I can only hope it makes it into the game.
          Keep it up!

Comment

Yeah, I would also like to play around with the eightball and see how it fits in this game.

Comment

Eightball will probably be used in assault, great job!
              Online nickname: Ba]V[sE or iBamzz
              [*.se] Starsofsweden
              Oldschool UT99 Player Since the beginning!

You Tube Channel: UT 4 Gameplay HD 60 FPS

Adrenaline - UT4 Fragmovie, 2015-06-26 2:07min NEW!!!

Comment

Trident update

- Fixed timing issues with GameSpeed

Eightball update:

- Fixed timing issues with GameSpeed

Various tweaks (approximating UT99 values)
                - Decreased maximum loading time
                - Decreased primary and alternate base fire rate slightly
                - Increased Rocket damage and momentum
                - Increased Rocket acceleration speed slightly
                - Increased Grenade damage, velocity, velocity max, momentum
                - Decreased Grenade gravity, tossZ, and damage radius
                - Circular Spread - Tightened Radius, now no longer centers final rocket

- Firing, AltFiring, Loading, Pickup sounds from UT99

Known bugs: Firing your last shot as a single rocket/grenade requires you to hit alt-fire for the lack of ammo to register and auto-switch away. (Can also switch away as normal.)
                Last edited by Wail; 05-06-2015, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Hi Wail, some feedback on your 6 pack RL

Comment

Nice. This is a really helpful video. I'll look at updating the spread, and tweaking with speed & acceleration a bit. The values I'm using for both of those are kind of a mix of math and guesswork on trying to get the right feel for replicating the UT99 behavior. I'll look at it this weekend, but probably wait for the build drops next week to actually pack up an new update.

Comment

Originally posted by nuxx View Post
                      Hi Wail, some feedback on your 6 pack RL

If you play online and not againsts bots the rocket launcher is deadly, bots seem to dodge it in a BS way currently.
                      Join the community Facebook page
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Originally posted by iBamzz View Post
                        Eightball will probably be used in assault, great job!
                        +1. If it will launch your teammates through the air ;D
                        UT4 ASSAULT - Server Admin | Community Admin
                        UT4ASSAULT.COM
                        ‚Äč

Forum Thread | UTA Discord | UTA Facebook
                        UTA Steam Group | Email me

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
                          If you play online and not againsts bots the rocket launcher is deadly, bots seem to dodge it in a BS way currently.
                          Wasn't the point I was trying to make. The feel of the rocket launcher is off. It fires ahead of you and from the wrong angle, different from any other fps game I've played

Comment

Originally posted by nuxx View Post
                            Originally posted by code187 View Post
                            Wasn't the point I was trying to make. The feel of the rocket launcher is off. It fires ahead of you and from the wrong angle, different from any other fps game I've played
                            Ping compensation would probably have an effect on the feel, as well as produce different bot behavior. They have the shot information before the compensatory adjustments are performed, as well as before any imposed delays to make the compensation appear seamless.

Your video really makes apparent how "not quite there" the scaling is. Why has it been so hard to get models that aren't midgets since UE1?
                            Originally posted by Mysterial
                            An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

Originally posted by -AEnubis- View Post
                              Your video really makes apparent how "not quite there" the scaling is. Why has it been so hard to get models that aren't midgets since UE1?
                              Exactly. One of the main issues with dodge jumping was how the maps felt huge or better said, you felt small in the world. Now we did get rid of dodge jump, but in this comparison video, you can clearly see, the characters are still way too tiny and it does look wierd and not real. Also, it's not helping with their visibility. Models are tiny in the maps and are way too detailed for their size. I don't know why are they so small, but it's an issue, which should be fixed IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X