Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Trident Only, for now)
    Update for New Build
    Side note: also be aware that I moved the locations of some files around on Rushbase to try and organize things a bit more cleanly.

Updated Trident Rocket Launcher PAK
    Updated Weapon Replacement Mutator

Doing a pass on all weapons and once I am able I will update the Weapon Testing Arena map.

Changes this Version
    • Sequencer Minigun weapon now bound to 8 key for ClassicGroups property (thanks RattleSNAK3).
    • Adjusted Firing offset to align more correctly with top (firing barrel)
    • Rocket Explosion Radius from 320 to 200
    • Rocket Explosion Damage Falloff from 1.0 to 0.5
    • Bug fix for stray extra projectile under certain circumstances
    Last edited by Wail; 10-23-2015, 02:54 AM.
    Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Hey Wail, posting this here as well as your email response in case it can help others too.

The Rocket Launcher has some weird blueprint-fu going on for alt fire animations in addition they are being chopped up and triggered in the anim montage that differ from the actual animations so it's a hard one to troubleshoot right now.

I haven't done any further tweaking to it as we want to nail down new sounds and then animate to those sounds versus the other way around. To do this we'll have to scrap the entire existing setup and rebuild it from scratch with new blueprint, code, and animations. I don't handle the code or blueprint side of things (other than modding existing setups) so I have to wait until Matt is available to do that.

Right now it is "paper clipped and duct taped" together so it's hard to figure out why your stuff isn't working but if I had to guess it's in the anim montage and how those cycles are being triggered. I'll try to dig around but hopefully that gets you pointed in the right direction for now.

AnimMontage'/Game/RestrictedAssets/Proto/UT3_Weapons/WP_RocketLauncher/Anims/Rocket_Secondary.Rocket_Secondary'
      Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
      Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
      Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

How do you use this in a hub? I tried dropping in the replacer pak in the server Paks folder and got this line in the log:

2015.11.12-03.22.05:314][ 0]UTLoading: load mutator object classpath BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/TridentRocketLauncher/Mut_TridentRocketReplacer.Mut_TridentRocketReplacer_C'

But I don't see the mutator in the mutator list while trying to start a custom game in the hub.
        My UT4 Video channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmn...0ysqE_3wuv1usQ

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCloud View Post
          How do you use this in a hub? I tried dropping in the replacer pak in the server Paks folder and got this line in the log:

2015.11.12-03.22.05:314][ 0]UTLoading: load mutator object classpath BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/TridentRocketLauncher/Mut_TridentRocketReplacer.Mut_TridentRocketReplacer_C'

But I don't see the mutator in the mutator list while trying to start a custom game in the hub.

Typically I've been testing this on my own local dedicated using a command line parameter. Not sure how hubs work in this respect, lets figure it out?
          Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
            Typically I've been testing this on my own local dedicated using a command line parameter. Not sure how hubs work in this respect, lets figure it out?
            I was able to figure out a few things. Did you try multiple weapon replacement mutators at the same time on your local dedicated? When I load multiple replacement mutators in a hub, only the first one works even though the others are loaded as well. If the Rebel flak cannon is first, only flak is replaced with rebel but others are not. If the shock rifle is moved to first in the mutator list in the commandline, only that one works etc.

Can you post your commandline?
            My UT4 Video channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmn...0ysqE_3wuv1usQ

Comment

Just wanted to follow up on this, looked into it a bit this weekend. When I run this in my command line parameter these seem to work together properly.

Code:
              ?mutator=/Game/RebelFlakCannon/Mut_RebelFlakReplacer.Mut_RebelFlakReplacer_C,/Game/TridentRocketLauncher/Mut_TridentRocketReplacer.Mut_TridentRocketReplacer_C,/Game/SapphireShockRifle/Mut_SapphireShockReplacer.Mut_SapphireShockReplacer_C
              I did notice that the following command line parameter only partially worked:

Code:
              ?mutator=/Game/RebelFlakCannon/Mut_RebelFlakReplacer.Mut_RebelFlakReplacer_C,/Game/TridentRocketLauncher/Mut_TridentRocketReplacer.Mut_TridentRocketReplacer_C,/Game/StingerSequencerMinigun/Mut_SequencerMiniReplacer.Mut_SequencerMiniReplacer_C,/Game/SapphireShockRifle/Mut_SapphireShockReplacer.Mut_SapphireShockReplacer_C
              As you can see this is the same parameter except I'm just passing one more replacement mutator. However in this instance the Stinger was not replaced with my own version. Transposing the Stinger and the Shock Rifle mutators also ran into the Stinger being replaced but not the Shock Rifle -- My suspicion is there's some problem with these replacement mutators due to some code path not properly calling Super.CheckReplacement. The RL and Flak ones seem fine. Looking into it and will get back here once I've figured it out.

Edit: Problem fixed, will update the mutators soon.
              Last edited by Wail; 11-17-2015, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Please check on the replacing of ammo also
                Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

The replacement mutators that I created explicitly replace ammo for their respective weapons.

Comment

Update for New Build
                    I've done a small update to the Trident weapon for a new build. The current build broke the default key bindings however unfortunately it's not feasible to fix this on my end, sorry. I spent over a full vacation day trying to fix it by every means possible. With travel imminent it just doesn't look like it can be done, maybe next build Epic will resolve issues for setting this on my end.

Suggested Workarounds:

1. Use the in-game menu to rebind the Trident Rocket Launcher to another key/group
                    2. In your Game.ini, you can add the following to set keybinds (and crosshairs) on this weapon

Code:
                    [/Game/TridentRocketLauncher/BP_TridentRocketLauncher_v10.BP_TridentRocketLauncher_v10_C]
                    Group=8

Other features: Weapon features a new material that more closely resembles the UT2004 Rocket Launcher paint scheme (props Hi-Ban).
                    I have also gone to an explicit version number in the PAK names to prevent older version conflicts.

Updated Trident Rocket Launcher PAK
                    Updated Weapon Replacement Mutator

Comment

Hopefully this is the right thread to write my idea down.

Well, i have a idea to the both fire modes. I don't think there are many people who hold the fire button on the rocket launcher so my idea is not bad in this case.

How about we just make it if you want to fire a rocket then you just hit one time the primary fire and if you want to load many rockets you hold primary fire and let the launcher load it, then it will fire if full loaded or if you just release the button. The same goes for secondary fire. You just hit once the secondary fire and it will fire a rocket and if you hold the button it load until all is done or until you release the button. It is much more comfortable this way in my opinion. I don't know why we should hold one button and click the other button at the same time to change modes. So we can spare some time if just one button do all the work.

Comment

Originally posted by AurumDragon View Post
                        Hopefully this is the right thread to write my idea down.

Well, i have a idea to the both fire modes. I don't think there are many people who hold the fire button on the rocket launcher so my idea is not bad in this case.

How about we just make it if you want to fire a rocket then you just hit one time the primary fire and if you want to load many rockets you hold primary fire and let the launcher load it, then it will fire if full loaded or if you just release the button. The same goes for secondary fire. You just hit once the secondary fire and it will fire a rocket and if you hold the button it load until all is done or until you release the button. It is much more comfortable this way in my opinion. I don't know why we should hold one button and click the other button at the same time to change modes. So we can spare some time if just one button do all the work.
                        will not work for primary it was in ut99 that way and it was slow

Comment

Originally posted by R.Riddick View Post
                          will not work for primary it was in ut99 that way and it was slow
                          People should be able to select the control scheme they like. Such a thing is certainly possible. Whether Epic intends to build a robust system for handling binding / rebinding of weapon functions is kind of beyond the scope of this weapon / thread.

Comment

Probably gonna try to use the trident when making a rocket arena map. Is it possible to load this mutator up in the editor?

Comment

Originally posted by Numb.51 View Post
                              Probably gonna try to use the trident when making a rocket arena map. Is it possible to load this mutator up in the editor?
                              There's a drop down on the 'play' button in editor that can pop up a menu where you can add parameters (sorry I don't remember exactly what it's called). What you'll want to do is add this to that field.

Code:
                              ?mutator=/Game/TridentRocketLauncher/Mut_TridentRocketReplacer_v10.Mut_TridentRocketReplacer_v10_C
                              Exact path might vary depending on where PAK is placed, but that's the one I use.

Comment

Have to say, nice copy of the UT99 launcher There is just one thing which is kind of a deal-breaker.
                                The loading and shooting sounds you copied from UT99 always have the same volume. In this way it sounds as if your opponent stands next to you while he is on the other side of the map...
                                If you could fix that, then it will be brilliant

Comment

Working...
                                X