Grenade Launcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Grenade Launcher

A while ago I made a quick prototype of a Grenade Launcher that I piggybacked onto Wail's thread here. I decided to do further work on it over the weekend and get something packed that can be played on the current build. This implementation uses a semi port of UC2's primary fire while using UT2004's detonation on the alternate fire.

Future Development
    - The classic group can't be assigned yet (Pull Request Pending)
    - I need to figure something out for the HUD icon (can an artist contribute this?)
    - I'm probably going to also use UC2's alternate fire which is a mine layer as the detonation is not terribly reliable

Download Links
    Packed
    Unpacked

Video
    RoseBumRPG - UDK Converter - Grenade Launcher Prototype - Lightning Gun Prototype

This is awesome! Can we fork it and make variations?
    DM-1on1-Deck8 | DM-1on1-BirdCage | DM-Complexo (GoldenEye Redesign) | DM-ShootThemMalcomsGood | DM-1on1-Toxicity

Designer at Candango Games. Check my Gamasutra Blog.

Comment

need only the black smoke and the magnetic *g*
      nice to see it there in UT4 !

Comment

The unpacked files are there to do whatever you want with.
        RoseBumRPG - UDK Converter - Grenade Launcher Prototype - Lightning Gun Prototype

Comment

i can't concentrate to learning the UE4, i have in the next 1-2 month probably an retraining in to
          an totally other direction and there want i not starting to learn this there .., this is,
          why i can only make screen shoots and collecting different things on my domain ..
          because, if i start and start learn, go i deep in the whole matter .. and occupies me about half a year with it or longer,
          but this can i now not bring.. with the schooling in view .. because with 44 must/can i concentrate only in one thing..
          i be not any more the youngest.. *s* but is it's pretty nice to see this weapon there again ! )))))
          Thank you Trev !

edit: saved and later uploaded if all finish.. like the ut3skins.blackysgate.de, maybe an ut4.blackysgate.de then, if more things.

best regards
          blacky
          Last edited by Blackcrack; 05-23-2015, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Cool, I was going to port over my Grenade Launcher soon but I guess I may not have to. Still some ideas I want to explore with it though, so we'll see how much is compatible.
            Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

The grenades look a bit too bouncy (for instance @0:12). Nice work tho.

Regarding the Hud icon:
              I created the weapon for UT3 and used the Cicada-loaded rockets icon (image|video). It works very well I would say.
              Attached Files
              ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
              ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Unfortunately if you try to override the crosshair in Blueprints right now it just crashes. I really wish that were working.
                Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                  The grenades look a bit too bouncy (for instance @0:12). Nice work tho.
                  And here I thought they weren't bouncy enough :P
                  DM-1on1-Deck8 | DM-1on1-BirdCage | DM-Complexo (GoldenEye Redesign) | DM-ShootThemMalcomsGood | DM-1on1-Toxicity

Designer at Candango Games. Check my Gamasutra Blog.

Comment

I created the weapon for UT3 and used the Cicada-loaded rockets icon (image|video). It works very well I would say.
                    I was hoping to have a new icon that's consistent with how the stock icons are drawn. Otherwise I could just use 2K4's atlas.

Comment

The weapon related information around the crosshair is consitent to the UT3 system and probably UT4 as well (see Rocket Launcher). I feel like these addiotional ammo icons on the bottom screen (Grenades icons) are misplaced and it is not noticable without focussing that area how many grenades are shot. There might be different ways to show the amount of grenades but I wouldn't suggest how UT2k4 did it.
                      ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                      ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

The weapon related information around the crosshair is consitent to the UT3 system and probably UT4 as well (see Rocket Launcher). I feel like these addiotional ammo icons on the bottom screen (Grenades icons) are misplaced and it is not noticable without focussing that area how many grenades are shot. There might be different ways to show the amount of grenades but I wouldn't suggest how UT2k4 did it.
                        Oh I see what you mean. I was actually referring to the weapon bar now using more minimalist icons instead of rendered images.

Comment

Trev, let you weapon like it is, it's nice and well balanced.. like i have see on the video ..
                          don't make some newfangled **** not what they started, therewith make they are ,
                          if i see the soapy Sniper on.. bauuhhh.. become i a goose skin ..

bahh, the mean, with UT4 mus they make all weapons modern and uhhh lollipop and we are on pandora ..
                          they have the shoot not hear ..

No Trev, let you weapon like it is.. it's well so..

best regards
                          Backy

Comment

This is awesome, i would prefer this as secondary fire on assault rifle/enforcer like ut2k4 had! good stuff.

Comment

will this weapon be suited for gametype like assault or ons (or warfare dunno) in the future? looks promising

Comment

Working...
                              X