TutorialWeapon01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TutorialWeapon01

Sorry for this a head of time, I have not been in a ut editor since 99. Ok changing rate of fire using the TutorialWeapon01 blueprint, how would I make it so when I save this package its a sniper rifle and not the shock rifle? I have looked in the forums but did not see any topics on this. Thanks

Ok, how about any good weapons tutorials? Like modding a weapon, or new weapon?

Comment

Change the skeletal mesh referenced by your TutorialWeapon01 to use the same skeletal mesh as used by the Sniper Rifle. To find which skeletal mesh is used by the Sniper Rifle, open the Sniper Rifle blueprint and look for it. When you've found the skeletal mesh in the Sniper Rifle, you can right click on its name and select "Copy" and then go to the same area in your TutorialWeapon01 and "paste."

If there are other properties you would like to carry over from the Sniper Rifle you can generally follow the same procedure. Copy and paste.

If there's something specific that doesn't work, then post here with screenshots and someone can try to help you. But don't be afraid to experiment.
      Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Thanks so much!!

Comment

Ok thanks this worked for me, but one quick question, how do i get the headshot scale in this blueprint? see photos
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by anarki101 View Post
            Ok thanks this worked for me, but one quick question, how do i get the headshot scale in this blueprint? see photos
            You need to change the parent class of your blueprint to be Sniper Rifle. Headshot behavior is not implemented in the Shock Rifle, and you won't see variables that are specifically defined for the Sniper Rifle (e.g. Headshot Scale values).
            Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Thanks for the reply but I already got it, But there is one thing i can't fix for the life of me. Tracers!! I fixed it so when i fire the weapon I don't see any tracers on my screen, but when bots fire back I see them. Any idea what this could be?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by anarki101 View Post
                Thanks for the reply but I already got it, But there is one thing i can't fix for the life of me. Tracers!! I fixed it so when i fire the weapon I don't see any tracers on my screen, but when bots fire back I see them. Any idea what this could be?
                In your weapon blueprint you need to set the FireEffect property. *

* As a general hint, hover your mouse over a property in a blueprint and the comment (tooltip) that appears should give you some idea of what the property does. It will be way faster.

One tricky thing to note when it comes to weapon tracers: the tracer that you see drawn from your gun in first person is usually a completely different effect from the tracers that you see drawn from other people's guns. That's why, in this case, you are seeing no tracer from your own first person view but are seeing a tracer from bots firing the weapon at you. The solution to this is to create what is called a weapon attachment. The existing core weapons already have their own weapon attachments. You'll want to create a new weapon attachment blueprint for your weapon. In the weapon attachment blueprint, set the FireEffect property.

Comment

We can see the ut3 roots in this new one, that's what we are worried about. Sparks and tracers is why our group never played ut3, we stayed on ut2004. We all play ut99 as of now and will stay if I can't find a way to REMOVE the tracers. That's why I never set the FireEffect property, any sniper,zark or camper type players will never play with the tracers in the server. Now we understand why I'm doing what I'm doing, Is there any way to stop this? Thanks {Di}AnArKi

Comment

Ok Sorry Wail I over looked the answer you posted, my bad. BTW thanks for all the help you guys give and the time you put in on a game that we all love. If I was just a 1/4 as good as you I would try and help to, But I'm so far behind. Please don't get mad at my stupidity but how do I add new weapon attachment blueprint for my weapon. I've looked on youtube and so on, I just can't find a tutorial on it. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X