Best keyboard layout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best keyboard layout?

I am thinking about hotkeying "Single Tap Dodge" to space bar. I am the kind of person who doesn't like having to take any of my fingers off the directional keys for other movement keys.

Before I do so, can anyone tell me if there is some important function that jump fulfills that dodge can't? I currently have crouch set to shift for easy access to sliding, but if replacing jump with dodge is an issue, I can always bind dodge to shift instead.

Also, feel free to advise me in other more efficient keybindings. Thanks!
    Last edited by Harrada; 09-22-2015, 08:09 PM.

A few month ago i tried to bind single tap doge to space bar and jump to alt. But i couldn't for the life of me play with it, jumping with thump was just to hardcoded into my brain. Jumps are still needed for jump-walldoge combinations, liftjumps and probably other situations. Now i bound single tap dodge to mouse 3 witch is a thump button on my mouse, works better than bevor althroug i use double tap doge and single tab dogde depending on the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrada View Post
      I am thinking about hotkeying "Single Tap Dodge" to space bar. I am the kind of person who doesn't like having to take any of my fingers off the directional keys for other movement keys.

Before I do so, can anyone tell me if there is some important function that jump fulfills that dodge can't? I currently have crouch set to shift for easy access to sliding, but if replacing jump with dodge is an issue, I can always bind dodge to shift instead.

Also, feel free to advise me in other more efficient keybindings. Thanks!
      Originally posted by Nouse4livE View Post
      A few month ago i tried to bind single tap doge to space bar and jump to alt. But i couldn't for the life of me play with it, jumping with thump was just to hardcoded into my brain. Jumps are still needed for jump-walldoge combinations, liftjumps and probably other situations. Now i bound single tap dodge to mouse 3 witch is a thump button on my mouse, works better than bevor althroug i use double tap doge and single tab dogde depending on the situation.
      I've bound Space to Single Tap Dodge for a few months now and jump to Space.

It works REALLY well. As dodging it more frequent than jumping in UT, this helps a lot.

Previously I had single tap dodge bound to Right Alt, but I found that I was using dodge more than jump, so it got promoted

Jump is now bound to shift.

If / when walk is introduced, hopefully it happens after I get my UHK, as I'll be changing jump back to space and using mod for single tap dodge.
      Last edited by richardboegli; 02-19-2016, 01:48 PM. Reason: wordcraft
      Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

I have singletap on mouse thumb (forward)

And crouch/slide on mouse thumb (back)

Also because i want wasd, weaponswitch- binds and jump on a free hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Bla1rWitch View Post
          I have singletap on mouse thumb (forward)

And crouch/slide on mouse thumb (back)

Also because i want wasd, weaponswitch- binds and jump on a free hand.
          I tried that combo for a while previously and found it to not work so well for me.

Maybe because I am too heavy handed or how because of how I hold my mouse, but I've had to relegate all movement to the keyboard, otherwise it puts my aim off.
          Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Working...
          X