Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5000 Skulls! 25-40 Skulls per Minute. Tiny farm guide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5000 Skulls! 25-40 Skulls per Minute. Tiny farm guide.

Collecting 5,000 legit kills, especially for new players, will be very difficult to do before this Halloween event is over. With this method, anyone with mediocre skill will be able to do this in just a few hours. In fact, you can do this without even firing your weapon, as there are piles of skulls all over the place.

Step #1. EPIC USA (NEW JERSEY) 01 HUB - For whatever reason, this wouldn't work on some of the other Official Epic Hubs.

Step #2. Start New Game (Not a Custom Game) / TeamPlay / InstaGib / Set BotSkill to Adept (IMPORTANT). By selecting Adept, the enemy team will be able to kill your team; thus, dropping more skulls. Anything higher will probably be annoying - being constantly fragged while collecting skulls etc.

Step #3. Select DM-NickTest / Set to Private (IMPORTANT)

Step #4. Audio Book or something interesting. I listened to this and the time flew by: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8DDIe_2cHM

Once you get the flow, you should be able to get 25-40 skulls per minute.

Last edited by de`pain; 10-23-2015, 11:37 AM.
    www.mouserpad.com

"So, what have u done today?"
    "You know, I farmed over 6.000 pumpkins and 5.000 skulls"
    "Which mmorpg is that?"
    "It's Unreal Tournament"

I watched two movies while doing the grind :X

Comment

ty verymuch ivent thought of that , inb4 they nerf it pls nintendo dont
      eh it wont let me start solo against bots only , do i need another dude or what am i missing?
      edit: nevermind figured it out.
      Last edited by JakobGoldstein; 10-22-2015, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Great way of gathering the skulls and getting some decent movement practice meanwhile ^^ +1

Great work of finding it out OP!
        Streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/VertLIVE - UT4 + map creation and other games.

Comment

I made a 'private' server in one of the hubs yesterday, somebody joined

Comment

I hate that this is a thing. I hate that we are now having to make "grind guides" for UT. UT is about shooting, fighting, running, and out playing your opponents. Now its turning into some Pumpkin Farm Simulator 3000 steam early access bull**** game.

"Here is the best and most efficient way to mindlessly run around in circles collecting skill-less rewards so you can get a pretty cosmetic item".

I started doing the pumpkin challenge on Wednesday, after 30 minutes of running in the same circle over and over on Face i had collected around 2000 pumpkins. It was so boring and lame it actually made me not want to play UT anymore. I had it down to a science where I could do a complete loop in 30 seconds collecting pumpkins constantly right before they respawned. It worked out to about 90-96 pumpkins a minute. WHY THE HELL IS THIS A THING I KNOW ABOUT UT?!

Seriously, if UT cant stand on its own as an Arena FPS twitch shooter, we shouldnt be making it. If the only way to get people to play UT is by forcing them to collect thousands upon thousands of skill-less items to unlock cosmetic items, we really need to rethink where this game is going and who its targeted at.

I cant understand why we have:
            -45 Challenge star unlocks
            -XP Unlocks
            -Spooky challenge star unlocks
            -6666 Pumpkin collecting
            -5000 Skull collecting

Yet we still cant get the ELO ranking system setup in any sort of meaningful manner!? Team based games affect ELO rank for individual players based solely on win loss ratio, HOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?!

PayBack

Comment

It is a little annoying when people won't even vote regular maps because they just want to collect skulls or pumpkins.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
              Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                It is a little annoying when people won't even vote regular maps because they just want to collect skulls or pumpkins.
                They dont even play the map! All that happens is each team just camps at their own base collecting pumpkins. Then everyone has 200+ health and 100+ armor so trying to kill each other is a frustrating game of ping pong as you watch your rockets bounce the enemy players all over the map. This isnt UT, i dont know what this is but its not fun.
                PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by -jay- View Post
                  They dont even play the map! All that happens is each team just camps at their own base collecting pumpkins. Then everyone has 200+ health and 100+ armor so trying to kill each other is a frustrating game of ping pong as you watch your rockets bounce the enemy players all over the map. This isnt UT, i dont know what this is but its not fun.
                  Good point, it made me wonder what happened to rocket damage, it seemed super nerfed and I thought it was because of the dmg and radius changes done to the weapon itself.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                  Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by -jay- View Post
                    This isnt UT, i dont know what this is but its not fun.

We can use the "it's pre-alpha" excuse all day, but a the end of the day the above quote still rings true. This is not UT, and aside of the pleasing aesthetics of halloween eye-candy, this is not fun. The skull grind makes sense, but collecting pumpkins, on a CTF map, makes no sense. Poor choice of an event.

To add to this, the pumpkins seem to be causing some kind of lag issue which probably has to do with the inherent memory leak we currently have. By mid game, FPS begins to drop by about an average of 3-5 FPS every minute. My GTX 970 was down to an avg of 60 fps by the end of a 20minute game. Other players experienced the same.

To add to the "this is not ut, and this is not fun" statement, I was raging hard when I played my first pick-up-game on the new build. I got pancaked for instant flag returns multiple times (accidentally of course), I was annoyed by the music in the menus THAT YOU STILL CANT CLOSE, I was ****** to hear a blaring alarm going off when I took the flag while the game continued to announce my amazing combo rather than announce the fact that I took the flag, and I had to deal with the additional visual clutter of useless health bars above peoples head (im sure this will be optional at release). Overall, this build is absolutely cluttered with stuff that not only fails to add anything to the game-play but is a hindrance to it.

Comment

Originally posted by JakobGoldstein View Post
                      ty verymuch ivent thought of that , inb4 they nerf it pls nintendo dont
                      eh it wont let me start solo against bots only , do i need another dude or what am i missing?
                      edit: nevermind figured it out.
                      So, howd you do it?

Comment

200 skulls
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by richardboegli; 10-23-2015, 11:40 AM. Reason: image
                        Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

You guys are so jaded!

I'm actually having fun running around and fragging bots to collect skulls. I can't take too many sessions in a row but some people like me enjoy grinding stuff out and it's going to have some mass appeal. In Call of Duty there are inane challenges that the masses go crazy trying to accomplish just to get a new player card or weapon skin. The good thing is that if you don't want to do it you don't have to. I did grind through every Final Fantasy below X about 4-5 times so it may just vary from person to person but there's no reason to hate on something just because it isn't your cup of tea.

Comment

There are some good reasons for why we shouldn't have this on multiplayer servers, but overall it's temporary and nobody is forcing anyone to grind anything. If you want a cosmetic item, that's entirely your choice. If this event was restricted to singleplayer only that would be best imo. The pumpkins on multiplayer should be only decorative..or have all of them become minibombs if you get to close..that would open up new strategies in fighting.
                            Current Projects

WIP: Weapon Inspect Animation: CLICK ME

Comment

Originally posted by GS3k View Post
                              You guys are so jaded!

I'm actually having fun running around and fragging bots to collect skulls. I can't take too many sessions in a row but some people like me enjoy grinding stuff out and it's going to have some mass appeal. In Call of Duty there are inane challenges that the masses go crazy trying to accomplish just to get a new player card or weapon skin. The good thing is that if you don't want to do it you don't have to. I did grind through every Final Fantasy below X about 4-5 times so it may just vary from person to person but there's no reason to hate on something just because it isn't your cup of tea.
                              Im glad you brought up COD because the grind aspect of COD is the exact reason they need to release a new game every year. In the first 6-9 months all the players grind away all the unlocks and achievements and then they all leave. COD games dont retain a player base, they are just but blatant copy and paste from the last game with some new challenges and unlocks. The problem really isnt even that they are bad games, i actually like the COD games, they are fun and challenging. The real problem is that when players start mass exiting a game they create a vacuum that sucks out players who normally wouldnt have left so soon. They are direct proof that when you build a game around challenges and unlocks, people only play the game for challenges and unlocks. Every COD game is a copy and paste from the last one, even reusing the same graphics, all they do is add more unlocks and grinds and people flock to the new game like mad for a few months.

Originally posted by Borbarad101 View Post
                              There are some good reasons for why we shouldn't have this on multiplayer servers, but overall it's temporary and nobody is forcing anyone to grind anything. If you want a cosmetic item, that's entirely your choice. If this event was restricted to singleplayer only that would be best imo. The pumpkins on multiplayer should be only decorative..or have all of them become minibombs if you get to close..that would open up new strategies in fighting.
                              Yes they are forcing you to grind. All the CTF matches now do nothing but go to spooky face, all everyone does on that map is collect pumpkins. If you try to run the flag, you are killed by a team where every player has 200-300 health. I was playing the other night, Spooky face was voted 4 times in a row! I tried to find another CTF server to play on, they were all playing spooky.
                              Last edited by PayBack; 10-23-2015, 01:06 PM.
                              PayBack

Comment

Working...
                              X