Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come here if you want advice on getting all challenge stars before pre-alpha is over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aniviron View Post
    Getting real sick of grinding this out, just feels awful. Only three maps left, and two of them are Spacer. Doesn't matter how well I do. Solo is impossible, I can do 30 frags and 15 deaths and every single time Skakruk opens up a can of whoopass and gets 45 kills and 10 deaths. He walks into a room with me and the other four bots with a link gun, three seconds later the five of us are vapor and he has a killing spree.

I can take Loque in the 1v1 on Lea, was easy, first try. Clanlord is my *****. Malcolm wishes he could compete with me. But mother****ing ******* Skakruk is just too aimbotty, I can't deal with him and neither can the other bots.

Team deathmatch is even worse. We can get 90% of the belts and amps, I can pull a 2kd, and we still lose by 30 frags.

I hate Spacer. I hate it so much. I honestly can't think of a time I've ever enjoyed UT less than this, but here I am because it's the only way to unlock a character model if you don't have 60 hours to grind out level 30 online.
    Yeah I already gave up trying to finish those challenges because Spacer is impossible to win and only reason I was trying to finish those challenges was to get Garog. Bots with 100% accuracy and super OP Link Gun which can kill you in one second (really, I'm not kidding) if you don't have shield or armor are impossible to beat. And because I'm not going to grind level 30 to get him I just stopped playing and went back to good old UT 2004 where is no stupid grinding, no impossible challenges and all characters are unlocked since you first start the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shkikri View Post
      I'm level 12, how do I get level 40 fast ? I love skaarjs, and orange looks cool.
      28 levels in 4 days? Play 24 hours per day and you might have chance to unlock him. Otherwise get back to UT 2004 where is no stupid grind and all characters are unlocked from start. Or try to remind devs that these things should be reward for us for playing this game in pre-alpha where nothing works as it should and we are basically doing testers for them for free so we should get those rewards for free and not as a reward for some stupid grinding.

Comment

I'm really not having fun with this anymore, all I want is a Skaarj character model, but this is sapping my will to play.
        Then you're doing it wrong... all you need for that is XP to lvl 30, which you can get fast playing CTF online.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
        Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
          Then you're doing it wrong... all you need for that is XP to lvl 30, which you can get fast playing CTF online.
          Most of the time when I'm on there's at least one bot in the game which halves XP gain, and makes the grind horrendously slow. I'm doubtful I can get ten levels online before the month ends, but I only have two stars left to get and I figure that should be doable, right? :/

Comment

Too much grind required to lvl up. Wanted to get to lvl 20 for that visse white skin, but i think i wont make it in time. Did pumpkin challenge, doing stars one now..

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
              No, Epic is doing it wrong. In 90% of the matches there is at least one bot which is lowering XP gain. And even in match without bots leveling up is still slower than a snail. Hell, I can level up faster in Skyrim than in UT and I will have much more fun. And Spacer which is impossible to win if you don't deplete all your luck for your whole life and lifes of your childrens? Oh, don't get me started. If it wasn't restricted only on pre alpha I would be moreless OK with it but when it is like it is, it repels me from playing. Plus these skins, hats and glasses should be reward for us for playing the game in pre alpha so we should get them free, not by grinding 24/7 XP and by losing out sanity on Spacer. They should do it like every other company and give us some exclusive pre alpha skins for every character, hat, leader hat and glasses and rewards for leveling up should be available forever for everyone, not just in pre alpha. I bet there will be exactly the same thing in Alpha and Beta and people will just stop playing because they will be sick of grinding XP and running around in circles and collecting pumpkins. These things belong to RPGs, not arena shooters.
              Last edited by Goofy6; 10-27-2015, 07:41 AM.

Comment

I've finished both dm and tmd spacer challenges, and now two more stars left: 2v2 Lea and tdm temple.
                How do I beat Lea? There are two links on this map and when Clanlord gets one he goes 10 0 with perfect accuracy and armor control. Even if I get the belt every time, there are vest and pads, I can't control them and belt simultaneously.

Edit: well, I finally made it to the end.
                Last edited by November Jr.; 10-27-2015, 12:35 PM.

Comment

This game can't be finished by some one with a life...

Comment

At least you can finish these offline challenges. I'm far away from getting 50 lvl

Comment

By throwing sheer numbers of matches at solo DM Spacer, I managed to complete it. Now I just have TDM left, but I just don't know how anyone has beaten TDM on Spacer or Temple. Even if I do well, Barktooth or Raven are always down at five frags and 20 deaths at the bottom of the scoreboard. With no way to control the bots, it feels like I'm being punished by the AI system for something I can't control, so no matter how well I do the bots will feed the enemy team and we lose no matter what. At least most matches we're down by ~20 frags by the four minute mark so restarts are quick...

Comment

The bots are highly proficient with link but they are also relatively susceptible to it. Use a lot of link/mini and flak, with other weapons situationally. On Spacer, stay away from 100a area for the most part (in the TDM at least), other than to pop around the corner from either side to spam the vest with combos/flak/rox since they tend to bunch up there. But don't face a crew of bots with link guns obviously. Focus on amp and belt, and when u can let the bots pick up belt. Collect as many vials up top, around amp, at flak as you can. Go for the sets of 25hp/vials as quickly as possible after taking damage. Try to use the bots sometimes and let them attract fire while you take your time to pick off the enemy. Was able to beat it in about 6 or 8 tries like this. If your team gets a bad start after a few minutes just restart instead of wasting your time trying to get back into it. If you can keep it close play it through as far as you see fit. It's definitely not impossible like some people are still saying.
                        NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
                        My movies on YouTube:
                        UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
                        , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
                        UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

Comment

Originally posted by NoBrainsNoAims^ View Post
                          The bots are highly proficient with link but they are also relatively susceptible to it. Use a lot of link/mini and flak, with other weapons situationally.
                          Strange, I've found Flak to be practically useless against bots, unless you're actually touching them (which doesn't happen often, given their aim and jerky movements.) It's just too easy for them to dodge the shots, and they'll kill you before you can slowly chip away at their health with well-placed bounces.

Comment

I just don't believe it's possible. After reading that post I tried again, and here's a screenshot of what happened, a perfectly average game:

I had a somewhat less than great game, but I did what I needed to, killed more than I died, kept the amp under control and grabbed the belt when possible.

Meanwhile, the bots are all at about ten more deaths than kills. I just don't know how it's possible to overcome a defecit that huge. In order to not have lost that match I would have needed 48 frags. I can take any one of the bots 1v1, I got the 1v5 three star first try, beat Loque 1v1 first try three stars, but I can't make up for terrible teammates that just constantly feed the enemy. It's like being stuck in a hell of online games where you do reasonably well and your team is always terrible, and you're never good enough to carry.

Comment

I just don't believe it's possible. After reading that post I tried again, and here's a screenshot of what happened, a perfectly average game:

I had a somewhat less than great game, but I did what I needed to, killed more than I died, kept the amp under control and grabbed the belt when possible.

Meanwhile, the bots are all at about ten more deaths than kills. I just don't know how it's possible to overcome a defecit that huge. In order to not have lost that match I would have needed 48 frags. I can take any one of the bots 1v1, I got the 1v5 three star first try, beat Loque 1v1 first try three stars, but I can't make up for terrible teammates that just constantly feed the enemy. It's like being stuck in a hell of online games where you do reasonably well and your team is always terrible, and you're never good enough to carry.
                              To be honest, I think holding down tab at any point during these crazy challenges is a mistake. I didn't even look at my own score in the nail biters 2+ hours in. The only thing that matters is the team score at the top of the screen. Looking into the stats will just end up being frustrating.

Comment

Having item control makes a huge difference, as it means one team has armor and powerups and link guns, while the other team has bare backs and enforcers. (Noticed this in particular on the Outpost23 challenge. I think my team leapt over 100 frags at the end, because of unrelenting shield belt control.) Unfortunately, your team's bots won't lift a finger to try and get map control back once it's lost. I'd imagine spacer and temple are so difficult because you have to control many points that are spread far apart.

It sure would be nice to just aimbot one's way to victory.

Comment

Working...
                                X