Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come here if you want advice on getting all challenge stars before pre-alpha is over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings

DM spacer tips that I found along the way (the hard way)

1. Run off and get nearest weapon
    2. Run off and pick up nearest health vials (do this whenever you can)
    3. Flak them in face when they are up really close, or if they pull you close
    4. Flak them in face after they pick up flak and run up ramp (shakruk just runs straight up ramp, easy to hit most times)
    5. They rarely go up top near helmet and health, so replenish here
    6. I know you are getting really good at dodging etc but DO NOT dodge if you can, ESPECIALLY around corners
    7. MINIGUN worked better for me than pulse rifle
    8. GET THE MINIGUN....GET THE UDAMAGE, EVEN BETTER GET THE MINIGUN WITH THE UDAMAGE
    9. Going for shield belt didn't help me much
    10. What did help was going in late to the belt with the minigun and picking them all off from a distance
    11. If going up do not bounce up near 100 armour, they'll pull you outa the air
    12. Wait till they all go for Armour and pick them off from a distance with minigun
    13. Gooball on weapon spawn points may get you a couple easy frags...maybe not
    14. In a firefight just left and right strafing, NO dodging
    15. DO NOT use the jump boots
    16. Better to health up if you can, then concentrate on UDAMAGE and get as many kills as possible with it
    17. If you start losing too bad early on (or at any point really) just hit escape and restart
    18. MUST GET THAT LAST UDAMAGE AT 30 SECONDS, YOU MAY MAKE A GLORIOUS COMEBACK....like I did
    19. Shakruk likes Link most i think, necroth good with Minigun shards....cant remember the others, anyways run off (if you can) if the bot is carrying its favourite weapon
    20. After playing TDM Spacer for a while DM Spacer became easier for me, so id recommend TDM first then DM
    21. Backup your bot teammate if it has the amp
    22. Get ready with the rockets to blast them outa the way(OR IN FACE) when they hammerjump up to UDAMAGE
    23. Change your weapon early depending on where you are running to eg. flak ready for rounding a corner (so many 1 shot kills like this) or minigun or snipe when going into a longer distance area

Really hope this helps someone

Good luck oh yeah forgot that one
    24. Be Lucky

(sorry didn't think list would be so long hehe)

Comment

Link gun helped me really a lot. I didn't use it much before, but bots are easy to hit, and when I tried it on tdm spacer it brought me the victory just in 3 tries. After this, I went to dm and made it with 2 tries.
      Controlling the belt helped me because when the time comes they start running up to you and are easy to kill with link, combos or minigun. But they dodge rockets.
      Then, vials, and the helmet.. it has been said.

Temple. I remember the final team score, it was 63-62. We had 10 frags advantage almost for the whole match, but in last two minutes they came really close. What I remember from this match: most of the time the belt has been taken by my team, not me. I've found that it doesn't help you when you face enemy with the link gun, he can go around you for minute without being hit. But when your bots pick it, it makes your team score better. Second, gooballs in this narrow passage below the RL may help you. Link gun again.

Comment

Originally posted by aniviron View Post
        I just don't believe it's possible. After reading that post I tried again, and here's a screenshot of what happened, a perfectly average game:

[SS]

I had a somewhat less than great game, but I did what I needed to, killed more than I died, kept the amp under control and grabbed the belt when possible.

Meanwhile, the bots are all at about ten more deaths than kills. I just don't know how it's possible to overcome a defecit that huge. In order to not have lost that match I would have needed 48 frags. I can take any one of the bots 1v1, I got the 1v5 three star first try, beat Loque 1v1 first try three stars, but I can't make up for terrible teammates that just constantly feed the enemy. It's like being stuck in a hell of online games where you do reasonably well and your team is always terrible, and you're never good enough to carry.

I just played whole match in central area (link/rocket) taking all Belts and all possible Armors.
        The enemy bots are not much agressive in this area, this was like kill the bots while they ignored me (some times they tried to kill me of course)
        Last edited by Raizen99UT; 10-28-2015, 11:30 AM.
        .:KmK:.Raizen

Please, watch this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHdce_3wgcs
        CTF-Extorcion-CE (Visual Beta) https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...cion_CE-Remake (Pak available)
        CTF-Ranel WIP https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...F-Ranel-Remake

Comment

Just finished TDM spacer and got all stars now finally can rest and move on with my life, thx EPIC! (till next release of challenges)...

As adrianUT said before to beat TDM-Spacer you must control AMP & Belt, proficient use of link/mini. Know your bot paths in this map too its what will win you the match + some luck :P

Comment

No, seriously, not everyone has nerves of steel. The way bots use Alt Link - is just plain awful. Of course, it's my plain bad - skill, aim, lack of luck, etc. - but still it's just ridiculous, it's not fun at all. I don't propose to fix it though, but it's so bad. I doubt that many new players who will train on bots (or try to achieve offline stars to, I dunno, unlock some chars, may be) will ever continue training, thus having troubles playing online due to lack of skill.

And yes, bot teammates' AI is as awful as the way opposing team bots abuse their aim and Link Alt in particular.

UPD: Bots pushing me away from the armor or belt just to get shot easily in next 2 minutes - I can't even comment on this. I wish I could cheat, normally I don't even think of it, but here I really wish I could cheat the hell out of this, because it's too overcomplicated. Of course, "I should practice more", "I shouldn't care of unlocks because I will get 'em eventually" - yes, to some degree. But it doesn't justify the 2 big problems, imo of course: bots abusive use of Link Alt (especially it's "pull" ability) and bots incredible aim (which is too accurate).
            Last edited by polyneutron; 10-29-2015, 04:26 AM. Reason: I couldn't just leave it w/out any mentioning, didn't mean to offend anyone

Comment

I'm stuck on 41 gold stars. (got all 15 spooky stars)

missing:

• 2vs2 Lea (thought I'll have that quite fast, but as there are 2 Link Guns this challenge is much harder than 2vs2 ASDF)
              • TDM TEMPLE (doable with a bit of luck, was close several times)
              • TDM SPACER (impossible for me I guess even though there are good tips for this challenge on the Forum), DM Spacer took me about 100 attempts
              • CTF FACE

Has anyone some tips for CTF-Face and 2vs2 LEA on Hard?

Last edited by barsam2a; 10-29-2015, 07:29 AM.
              WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
              Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

FACE: pick armor and use redemeer, bots don't. Use redemeer wisely. You can fire it carrying the flag inside the building and get to the teleport fast, so you won't get nuked.
                Pick up these on your base, clear your way to the opposite and pick up them there again.
                Try to get 1 flag and then go full defence. If they get 1 flag, restart.

Lea: I still don't know how to. My last game was unusually.. slow, only 20 frags total on both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by November Jr. View Post
                  FACE: pick armor and use redemeer, bots don't. Use redemeer wisely. You can fire it carrying the flag inside the building and get to the teleport fast, so you won't get nuked.
                  Pick up these on your base, clear your way to the opposite and pick up them there again.
                  Try to get 1 flag and then go full defence. If they get 1 flag, restart.

Lea: I still don't know how to. My last game was unusually.. slow, only 20 frags total on both teams.
                  Ok, I'll try it this way. Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Originally posted by barsam2a View Post
                    Has anyone some tips for CTF-Face and 2vs2 LEA on Hard?
                    The only way I could beat 2v2 Lea, was to camp the Flak/Belt/Rocket area. You do have to be spot-on with your flak shots to take out the link gun aimbots, though. I relied heavily on flak secondary, too. In that area, you can get quite a few +5 health bonuses, the shield belt, and the thigh pads. It's also a good area for evading (running up ramps, dropping down to the next level, lots of walls to quickly get behind). Running around a corner and waiting for them to follow ... to greet them with a face-full-of-flak.

The only time I'd leave that area is right after a belt spawn and when my teammate was busy fighting - you can lob some rockets or secondary flak, or a shock combo to get an easy kill while the enemy is distracted killing your teammate.

It took quite a few tries, but once I got the strategy down, I won by a considerable margin.

TDM and DM Spacer are just ridiculous, though. The teams are not even close to balanced in TDM (at 43 stars), and my low skilled teammates always lose it for me. That and being constantly one-shotted or link-locked by a level 5 bot, just takes any fun out of it. Even if the bot has it's back to you, as soon as you can see them, they instantly turn and nuke you down. Again, it's not even remotely fun

Comment

Originally posted by Cadence Q View Post
                      The only way I could beat 2v2 Lea, was to camp the Flak/Belt/Rocket area. You do have to be spot-on with your flak shots to take out the link gun aimbots, though. I relied heavily on flak secondary, too. In that area, you can get quite a few +5 health bonuses, the shield belt, and the thigh pads. It's also a good area for evading (running up ramps, dropping down to the next level, lots of walls to quickly get behind). Running around a corner and waiting for them to follow ... to greet them with a face-full-of-flak.

The only time I'd leave that area is right after a belt spawn and when my teammate was busy fighting - you can lob some rockets or secondary flak, or a shock combo to get an easy kill while the enemy is distracted killing your teammate.

It took quite a few tries, but once I got the strategy down, I won by a considerable margin.
                      Thanks for the tip!

TDM and DM Spacer are just ridiculous, though. The teams are not even close to balanced in TDM (at 43 stars), and my low skilled teammates always lose it for me. That and being constantly one-shotted or link-locked by a level 5 bot, just takes any fun out of it. Even if the bot has it's back to you, as soon as you can see them, they instantly turn and nuke you down. Again, it's not even remotely fun
                      Yes, Spacer is hell, I only continued trying DM Spacer because I was already close a few times before finally having a bit of luck and winning by a 2 or 3 kills lead.

I'll try TDM SPACER as last, if I can complete FACE, LEA and TDM Temple.

Comment

I've got 59 stars but can't do TDM Spacer for the life of me. The closet I've got so far is losing by 5 frags; even if I get a 2 or 3 KD my Barktooth and Raven bot will go something like 5-20.

TDM Temple I did first time but I think I may have lucked out. Honestly, I didn't do too well on that map but one of my bots went insane and carried the game.

Lea is easy if you learn the bot patterns. They tend to hang around the shock rifle/minigun a lot and just before the shield belt spawns they will always walk in a straight line along the small pathway from minigun and use the jump pad. You can abuse this rather well.

For CTF Face just collect all the armour on your side of the map then rush to the enemy base. Pick up the flag, instantly go through the teleporter and pick up the armour again; the bots for some reason will never follow you through even if they saw you go there. All the enemy bots will just walk up mid to your base upon respawn and will never attempt to look for you. Now you just need to wait and time your flag run for when as many enemy bots have crossed the mid section as possible. Your own bots will then kill them as they enter your base and this gives you a free path up mid. Just defend for the rest of the game.
                        Last edited by Elviii; 10-29-2015, 04:22 PM.

Comment

I am too struggling with the TDM-Lea, TDM-Spacer and DM-Spacer.
                          I am sitting with 42 golds stars at the moment. Going to keep trying ya'lls strategies, thanks
                          "I smash like a comet, with John Connor type importance for tomorrow."

Comment

Originally posted by Elviii View Post
                            I've got 59 stars but can't do TSM Spacer for the life of me. The closet I've got so far is losing by 5 frags; even if I get a 2 or 3 KD my Barktooth and Raven bot will go something like 5-20.

TDM Temple I did first time but I think I may have lucked out. Honestly, I didn't do too well on that map but one of my bots went insane and carried the game.

Lea is easy if you learn the bot patterns. They tend to hang around the shock rifle/minigun a lot and just before the shield belt spawns they will always walk in a straight line along the small pathway from minigun and use the jump pad. You can abuse this rather well.

For CTF Face just collect all the armour on your side of the map then rush to the enemy base. Pick up the flag, instantly go through the teleporter and pick up the armour again; the bots for some reason will never follow you through even if they saw you go there. All the enemy bots will just walk up mid to your base upon respawn and will never attempt to look for you. Now you just need to wait and time your flag run for when as many enemy bots have crossed the mid section as possible. Your own bots will then kill them as they enter your base and this gives you a free path up mid. Just defend for the rest of the game.
                            Thanks for all the tips

Comment

Originally posted by Elviii View Post
                              I've got 59 stars but can't do TSM Spacer for the life of me. The closet I've got so far is losing by 5 frags; even if I get a 2 or 3 KD my Barktooth and Raven bot will go something like 5-20.
                              I feel your pain, last game I did just now, I was so close to earning my final star I could taste it, but the F***ing bots just clutch so **** hard in TDM spacer, I just don't get it... had an astronomical lead and in the last 2 minutes they catch up and also win by 5 frags with a score of 90-95 (in any other TDM, having a high lead will guarantee victory because they will never be able to retake the lead if they are behind by 10, but not in TDM spacer)... Utterly nonsensical, why must TDM spacer be the only incredibly, inconsistently difficult challenge out of them all?... Is it because rank 7+ bots are godly with the link gun and this map happens to have 2? or is it because once you get U damage for the first time, the shield belt spawns almost as soon as it finishes so you have to keep track of both that AND the U damage if your ally bot picked it up (I've also noticed it is sometimes significantly more beneficial to just give the bots everything and just stay out of the fight for the most part, unless you KNOW WITH CERTAINTY that you will get those enemy kills :/...)

This is just the most painful offline experience I've ever played... Any cosmetics earned from completing all this are just not worth the trouble, the only real advice anyone can give you for beating these challenges is this... Just ask yourself "How does one beat an aimbot?..." and if you answer, just get better than the aimbotter, then congratulations, it will take at least 6 months to 1 year of full dedication to UT just to become remotely better than an aimbot (which also places you roughly in the 0.00000001% of the best UT players out there atm), and by then, not only with the seasonal unlockables be long gone, offline challenges may not even be a part of the menu anymore. Just not worth it man... nobody should go through this much pain for shiny underwear.
                              Last edited by R3D_Belmont456; 10-29-2015, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Lea (thought I'll have that quite fast, but as there are 2 Link Guns this challenge is much harder than 2vs2 ASDF)
                                I hope you are good with the Flak Cannon, because it will help you a lot on this map, the bots like to go for the shield and there is a jump-pad on either side of it, they will jump into you, just do a primary flak = shredded and dead. Otherwise, help your team bot, he will usually be near the +100 Armour pickup and so will the enemy, when they go for the armour, they don't dodge, so flak them in the face. Make sure you grab a link gun too (which is near the +100 armour) to help your teamie powerup, most of the time he too will run around with a link gun, melt them. Just keep control of the shield and move to the armour when you or you teamie grabbed it, make sure you are there before the armour / shield spawns, so you can flak them in the face, if you encounter them elsewhere, use your link gun.

TEMPLE (doable with a bit of luck, was close several times)
                                I found that the bots like to be in the Rocket Launcher / Link Gun Area, the shield belt and uDamage also spawn near these weaponry, I basically controlled the powerups and remained in this area if they were topside, if they weren't topside, they were below me; So, take the ramp down to the jump boots / Bio Rifle area (grabbing some health / Thigh-Pads and move back up as required. I just repeated this pattern while using the link gun and snagged my win.

SPACER (impossible for me I guess even though there are good tips for this challenge on the Forum), DM Spacer took me about 100 attempts
                                In this same thread, I made this post, see if it works for you:
                                https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post201974

FACE
                                I posted this in another thread of mine, this is what I did with great success.
                                https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post202021

You will need a little luck on your side too, there is no denying that, but see if these work for you. ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X