Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come here if you want advice on getting all challenge stars before pre-alpha is over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hope we get another chance at getting the pre-alpha unlocks, and also the Halloween ones next year. I just don't see me ever beating these challenges on hard when most of the time the AI is bouncing off walls or up in the air always getting direct rocket hits on me. Not to mention on duel the AI has complete control of the map, grabbing everything the second it's available.

Comment

Originally posted by R3D_Belmont456 View Post
      Easy my ***... Even with following this strategy there is still heavy HEAVY RNG involved thanks to your trash AI team doing particularly worse in TDM Spacer than in any other Challenge, constantly feeding... So you'd literally just have to pray that your allies do bad and not terribad when you use the camping strategy, otherwise you are still gonna do the mission several hundred times... The scoreboards above my head are the averages I tend to get too, with my team consisting of 80% of the enemy kills and going really negative...
      Sorry my Bad, I though Epic did something to make that match easier for us. After the update it only took me 3 tries to beat it, and I really didn't play that well, and it just seemed easier, especially since I played another match right after and won that one too. So I really thought Epic was giving us a break from the torture they were putting us through. Wasn't trying to insult anyone or make myself look good, anyone who knows me here on the forums, knows my skill level isn't that good with this UT.
      YouTube Channel

Comment

Spacer, both DM and TDM, suddenly became cake for me last night. I can now consistently win every try!

EDIT: TDM turned out still to be a *****, even with this strategy, if you have a bad bot round giving the enemy 100+ kills. DM you can win this way fairly often. I apparently had 3 good bot rounds in a row.

Here's how:

* 1. priority: Keep Udmg and Belt on your team as others have posted.

* 2. priority: Camp the area with the flak cannon. Bots mainly come from the link gun area to the left and rarely any other, they also like to come from shield belt, but these 2 ground routes are making it an easy spot to hold. Go up the jump pad quick to grab 2x 25hp and 20 armor (helmet), go back down re-ammo flak and get some kills out in the 100 armor room.

* 3. priority: Keep hitting with that flak alt-fire, even if Skakruk or someone else comes at you with 100/150, one or two well placed alt-fires while back-peddling will remove their armor advantage!
        Last edited by Vertical1337; 10-31-2015, 07:09 AM.
        Streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/VertLIVE - UT4 + map creation and other games.

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy6 View Post
          In 90% of the matches there is at least one bot which is lowering XP gain.
          Not true. You get full XP even if there are bots so long as there are more humans than bots.

Per Unreal Tournament Release Notes Version notes for build released 10/01/2015:
          Only get 50% XP if server is primarily bots.

forbiddenparadise.us

Comment

There could be a bug, though.
            "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
            - RenegadeRetard

Comment

This was how I beat Face, just throwing it here cuz I can... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_iFaA8h46g

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
              Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Finally managed to do TDM-Spacer - won by 6 frags. I went 27-6 ,which is about on par with what I got in my last screenshot, but I got luckier with my bots this time round.

I've found that camping the shock rifle is the best strategy due to a few reasons:

1. Bots are extremely susceptible to combos because of their habit to walk in a straight line. A lot of the time you can stand slightly round a corner, fire a combo and get an easy kill.
                2. It overlooks both link guns which will allow you to stop the enemy bots getting their hands on their strongest weapon.
                3. Easy access to the amp by using the lift. From here you can snipe, or combo, the amp platform just before it spawns then jump down to get it yourself.
                4. Plenty of health nearby. The two meds by the jump boots + vials up near the sniper area is enough to stay healthy in between fights. If necessary, you can also go to the helmet area up top for another 2 meds + the helmet. These are normally always available as the bots rarely go up there.

Belts are not too much of a priority, but if you're healthy enough then try and go grab it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Elviii View Post
                  Finally managed to do TDM-Spacer - won by 6 frags. I went 27-6 ,which is about on par with what I got in my last screenshot, but I got luckier with my bots this time round.

I've found that camping the shock rifle is the best strategy due to a few reasons:

1. Bots are extremely susceptible to combos because of their habit to walk in a straight line. A lot of the time you can stand slightly round a corner, fire a combo and get an easy kill.
                  2. It overlooks both link guns which will allow you to stop the enemy bots getting their hands on their strongest weapon.
                  3. Easy access to the amp by using the lift. From here you can snipe, or combo, the amp platform just before it spawns then jump down to get it yourself.
                  4. Plenty of health nearby. The two meds by the jump boots + vials up near the sniper area is enough to stay healthy in between fights. If necessary, you can also go to the helmet area up top for another 2 meds + the helmet. These are normally always available as the bots rarely go up there.

Belts are not too much of a priority, but if you're healthy enough then try and go grab it anyway.
                  This strategy helped me getting closer to win this, but still about at least 10 frags behind everytime.

Just had a knife-edge victory on 2vs2 LEA, so TDM Spacer is the only one left now

Attached Files
                  WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
                  Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

That was one hella "training", I guess! But I finally managed to beat all the challenges left, so in short:

-I won on Face (*both original and "Spooky" one) by waiting long enough in the overtime to have some respawn delay on bots. I went to the Red base' teleport to the top of the Tower. *(Tried to lose as little health as possbile while I was translocating like crazy!)
                    There I waited until at least 1 bot had fallen to death (which happened to bots pretty often while they were dodging projectiles running towards Blue base, so I would have to deal with less amount of bots after taking the flag. Then I rushed to it, took the flag and ran away constantly dodging. And BAM! Capped it!

-Lea was a much harder match to win since bots seemed to keep my team's winning score by max of 5 frags 'till the very last minute of the match - after that opposing team went all "berzerk"-style just crushing me and my teammate surprisinly well. It always happened on the last minute and it was so nerve-wracking, to be honest. But somehow I was able to win this match, I actually can't explain how I did it.

I guess, it was a matter of luck there, since I almost didn't camp the belt - I sprang from Flak ammo to chest armor, back and forth just to keep myself alive enough. My teammate though... some times he was pushing me away from the belt - and I agree that's quite a smart move for any bot whether he's my teammate, or not. But shortly after he usually ended up being brutally shred by enemy Flak, that's why I blame him so much. Rank differences, AI differences, you know.

-And finally, The Temple. Oh, so much pain and so much win after all! I played it, I don't know, countless times in a row, and couldn't get past the huge frag difference. That time when I won, though was truly gorgeous: it was the last 30 secs of the match, my team was losing 61-62 and my HP was too low. Then we went 62-62, and during the 10 secs countdown they took the 1 frag lead again. But I knew that if I won't make it even then everything will be lost again. *(Yes, Blue are THAT dumb, let's face it.)

So, I shred someone with Flak, making it 63-63, and shortly after the overtime we won it scoring 64-63! (*Suddenly, a Blue bot saved the day! It was marvellous! )

So, these TDMs were more of a "lucky wins" for me, I guess. But still I'd like to thank everyone who shared their tips there!

Comment

Any additional tips for beating these four challenges? DM-Spacer, TDM-Spacer, TDM-Temple and 2v2-TDM-Lea?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you all who gave advice both in this and other threads, and Epic for the deadline extension. That brought me from -30 to -5 frag difference in the difficult TDM challenges and to -1 three times in DM Spacer.

All I can add is the trick that broke the last barrier for me: "Use the Force, Luke. Let go, Luke. Luke, trust me.". After failing DM-Spacer, TDM-Spacer, TDM-Temple and 2v2-TDM-Lea so many times I switched to focusing only on the image on the screen, and beat each of the last four challenges in 1-3 tries. Most of the time there were no conscious thoughts or emotions in my mind, only the image. You obviously have to think about a lot of things to function in the game but you can do that on autopilot without being aware of it.

The difference was probably due to ignoring concentration breaking emotions, especially the "this time could be it"-excitement and "don't mess this up now"-anxiety. You could do that in other ways too, for example by not trying to win or putting post-it notes on the top frame above your screen so they cover the current scores. Maybe for you there is something else you can adjust to increase your performance. Countering the opponents is only half of the equation.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by MegaLokey; 11-06-2015, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Krantoss View Post
                          Any additional tips for beating these four challenges? DM-Spacer, TDM-Spacer, TDM-Temple and 2v2-TDM-Lea?
                          DM-Spacer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwAuorDd6DI

TDM-Lea - Cover ur bot whole match, he is like a free frag if you leave him alone. Only leave him for get Belt, and if he is close, let him take the power ups if you have high health.
                          Abuse of Link OPGun, just like the enemy bots does.

TDM-Spacer - DONT let the enemy take UDamage, if you get it, just dont die, hunt the enemies with udamage is riskier than just dont die with it. Take all possible Belts, but if Belt and Udamage spawn in same time, go to udamage. If possible, let ur team bots get the Belt and Armor. Try finish with a nice K/D and pray for be lucky.
                          .:KmK:.Raizen

Please, watch this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHdce_3wgcs
                          CTF-Extorcion-CE (Visual Beta) https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...cion_CE-Remake (Pak available)
                          CTF-Ranel WIP https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...F-Ranel-Remake

Comment

I can't stress enough how powerful the flak's alt-fire is against the bots on spacer!
                            Streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/VertLIVE - UT4 + map creation and other games.

Comment

Flak, Combos, Link Primary.. Those can all do wonders. You can get alot of random double kills if you stick nearby your team sometimes.

If you get lucky with the RNG (Dominator picking up AMP and coming across on everyone but Malcolm), even TDM-Spacer is possible after all..
                              I managed to beat it 95-94, a few days ago, and I wasn't even trying seriously at that time.. Finally 45 Stars.
                              > FreezeTag [Blueprint]
                              > Reimagining of Greed [BluePrint]
                              > Avarice, a DM-variant of Greed [BluePrint]

Comment

Someone posted here that the reward you unlock for getting 45 stars is the same reward you received when you hit Level 30. Is this true? I've been playing my heart out trying to get the last four gold stars (DM-Spacer, TDM-Spacer, TDM-Temple and 2v2-TDM-Lea), but I just can't do it, even with the tips here. My skill level just isn't high enough yet. My aim has a long way to go.

UPDATE
                                I just bombed TDM-Spacer but somehow won. I tried to beat it 10 to 12 times today. In any game where the other team had a 10 kill lead on me within the first two minutes, I would restart the level. I tried to stay in control of the shield belt, though I know a few slipped by. Into which team's hands though, who knows. I was able to spam the Jump Boots area a few times with shockballs to get a handful of kills. I also focused heavily on using the link gun and rocket launcher. The RL was really only used in the long and tight corridor below the link gun and rocket launcher. My team started out strong but by 4 minutes left we were tied at 30 frags each. Somehow we managed to pull through near the end. YEA!!!

Last edited by Mulsiphix; 11-06-2015, 09:31 PM.
                                Mulsiphix's Guide To PUGing In UT4
                                What is the difference between a Public server and a PUG? PUG stands for Pick Up Game. A more organized way of playing, teams are selected by Captains and voice communication is used to achieve better team coordination. These clan-style matches involve the same regulars, week after week. The community aspect, of PUGing with friends, really adds to the fun factor of a match. Want to know more or get your friends involved in PUGing? Check out my guide.

Comment

Working...
                                X