Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Leader Hats" should be moved to "Regular Hats". Revamp needed for "Leader Bonus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Honestly, I wish there was a way to disable leader hats for yourself. I'd like to keep my black beanie when I'm in first place rather than have a floating alpha logo over my head.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by de`pain View Post
    Did you even read my post? Or did you just read the topic? There are plenty of other ways to distinguish "the leader".

Why will n00bs even want to grind for helmets they will never wear?
    I think there is a button in the game that gives you relevant information for the leader in a game... can't quiet put my finger on it...

Might be shift or mouse 1. Nvm that didn't work. It has to do with something like a scrowboard.. skoorbard? Fck man, i donno, can you help me?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    pain makes a good point about leader hats not being activated for players all that often. Instead of having them as normal hats, how about triggereing them on sprees/double kills/weapon rewards for Xseconds? This way they are still a special thing and beyond the dopamine release on the spree they are also being rewarded with their hat of choice?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
    Great thanks.

Now applied

Thanks to Xelus, I now have a permanent pumpkin head

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Regular Hats: Can be seen on your character at all times.

Leader Hats: Can only be seen on your character if you're in first place.

It's obvious that the novice player will rarely (maybe never) get to sport his or her Leader Hat. The Leader Hats within the Leader Hat category should be shifted over to the Regular Hat category - something that can be worn at all times regardless of status.

The Leader Hat category should be replaced with something like the following:

Leader Bonus:

Idea 1: Leader Effect (If any selected): A variety of different Auras / Smoke-like effects that encompass the leader's body.

Idea 2: Awesome Leader Taunt (If any selected): If you're fragged by a "Leader", you should hear their special / vocal taunt, e.g., Creepy Clown Laughing, Robotic Laughter, Farting sound, etc...

Ultimately, hats are clearly more aesthetic and sought after. Players, n00bs included, should be able to sport their apparel at all times. The Leader category should be replaced with something less aesthetic, yet still entertaining.

Something like this would only open more doors to future Marketplace items / holiday event rewards.

----

I have to admit... I was bummed when I found out that Halloween pumpkin hats were Leader Hats only ;/
    I want a pumpkin head constantly! Maybe I'll just make my own hat, with Blackjack and Hookers, ahh forget about the hat!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hats are not easy to make. If they are, go ahead and open up a 3d modeling program, mold one, fit one, and create a detailed texture for it.

Glowing effects and taunts are easy to make.
    In the world of 3d modeling and game design I cant see a hate being hard to make. Im not saying any joe with a computer can sit down and a few hours later knock out a hat, but anyone who does 3d design and modeling shouldnt have a hard time making a hat.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -jay- View Post
    I did, but I dont see the difference between a smoking body and a flaming hat. Hats are simple and easy to make, when this game is live i am willing to bet there will be so many hats that people wont know the difference between a normal hat and a leader hat for the most part. But for people who earned a cool leader hat and then earned first place in the server, it will definitely be a welcome reward.
    Hats are not easy to make. If they are, go ahead and open up a 3d modeling program, mold one, fit one, and create a detailed texture for it.

Glowing effects and taunts are easy to make.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did you even read my post? Or did you just read the topic? There are plenty of other ways to distinguish "the leader".

I did, but I dont see the difference between a smoking body and a flaming hat. Hats are simple and easy to make, when this game is live i am willing to bet there will be so many hats that people wont know the difference between a normal hat and a leader hat for the most part. But for people who earned a cool leader hat and then earned first place in the server, it will definitely be a welcome reward.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -jay- View Post
    So everyone gets a trophy because we dont want people to feel sad and left out for not having the same skill as other players? Just because someone cant do something, doesnt mean the rest of us should be allowed to do it. I personally really like the leader hats, its a cool and neat way to set the top player apart in the server. New players can easily identify in a match who the best player is and pay closer attention to the moves and methods they utilize. Other players also get a target or goal player to attempt to bring down. The person who is the leader gets the obvious bragging rights that everyone sees. Finally it makes the top player have to work harder to keep the lead position as everyone is now gunning for him.

Sorry but I totally disagree with this post.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So everyone gets a trophy because we dont want people to feel sad and left out for not having the same skill as other players? Just because someone cant do something, doesnt mean the rest of us should be allowed to do it. I personally really like the leader hats, its a cool and neat way to set the top player apart in the server. New players can easily identify in a match who the best player is and pay closer attention to the moves and methods they utilize. Other players also get a target or goal player to attempt to bring down. The person who is the leader gets the obvious bragging rights that everyone sees. Finally it makes the top player have to work harder to keep the lead position as everyone is now gunning for him.

Sorry but I totally disagree with this post.
    Last edited by PayBack; 10-27-2015, 09:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    id farm the horns if they were permanent , sadly they arenĀ“t and imho the halloween hats should be regular hats - cant wait for more hats and trading hats just like in tf2 where no1 plays anymore for the sake of playing but for hats and cosmetics ... not.

Leave a comment:

• "Leader Hats" should be moved to "Regular Hats". Revamp needed for "Leader Bonus"

Regular Hats: Can be seen on your character at all times.

Leader Hats: Can only be seen on your character if you're in first place.

It's obvious that the novice player will rarely (maybe never) get to sport his or her Leader Hat. The Leader Hats within the Leader Hat category should be shifted over to the Regular Hat category - something that can be worn at all times regardless of status.

The Leader Hat category should be replaced with something like the following:

Leader Bonus:

Idea 1: Leader Effect (If any selected): A variety of different Auras / Smoke-like effects that encompass the leader's body.

Idea 2: Awesome Leader Taunt (If any selected): If you're fragged by a "Leader", you should hear their special / vocal taunt, e.g., Creepy Clown Laughing, Robotic Laughter, Farting sound, etc...

Ultimately, hats are clearly more aesthetic and sought after. Players, n00bs included, should be able to sport their apparel at all times. The Leader category should be replaced with something less aesthetic, yet still entertaining.

Something like this would only open more doors to future Marketplace items / holiday event rewards.

----

I have to admit... I was bummed when I found out that Halloween pumpkin hats were Leader Hats only ;/
    Last edited by de`pain; 10-26-2015, 09:40 PM.
Working...
X