Weapon Key Binding Problems -- Weapon Groups and the New Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OIIIIIIIO View Post
    when you push a hotkey for an assigned weapon group it selects best weapon based on defaults.
    How is the best weapon in a group determined?
    Mulsiphix's Guide To PUGing In UT4
    What is the difference between a Public server and a PUG? PUG stands for Pick Up Game. A more organized way of playing, teams are selected by Captains and voice communication is used to achieve better team coordination. These clan-style matches involve the same regulars, week after week. The community aspect, of PUGing with friends, really adds to the fun factor of a match. Want to know more or get your friends involved in PUGing? Check out my guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulsiphix View Post
      How is the best weapon in a group determined?
      AFAIK, from how the weapons were ordered in older UT games. So from low to high priority: Impact Hammer, Enforcer, Bio, Shock, Link, Stinger, Flak, Rockets, Sniper.

Comment

Rockets may be higher than sniper, I'm not sure but otherwise he's really accurate.
        -Jeep

Comment

I'm going to have to expose a system for setting the ordering within a group but it won't be next build.

Comment

I don't feel it needs to be a super high priority myself. It's one of those sort of annoying things that isn't game breaking. Thanks Joe
            -Jeep

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
              I'm going to have to expose a system for setting the ordering within a group but it won't be next build.
              Could you also give us the possibility to put the same weapon in multiple groups? That would be very nice. Thanks for your efforts.

Comment

That's great news. Could you also add a mouse sensitivity option for the group?
                YouTube Channel

Comment

That would actually require quite a bit more work. I'll discuss it internally as I can see a small benefit but I don't think it's something many people would actually use. So it might fail the benefit/cost test.

Could you also add a mouse sensitivity option for the group?
                  Hmm.. groups are just a fixed index right now. I guess I could look at extending it to have additional information based on the group itself. Let me think about this one for a while.

Comment

This is good news. Thanks JoeWilcox!

Originally posted by Kronos[X] View Post
                    Could you also add a mouse sensitivity option for the group?
                    I agree, this would finally solve my problem with choosing the correct setting for hitscan and projectiles. Currently I have a setting between the ideal speed for each type. I'm not particularly awesome at anything but generally good at everything. I'd love to see this suggestion implemented
                    Mulsiphix's Guide To PUGing In UT4
                    What is the difference between a Public server and a PUG? PUG stands for Pick Up Game. A more organized way of playing, teams are selected by Captains and voice communication is used to achieve better team coordination. These clan-style matches involve the same regulars, week after week. The community aspect, of PUGing with friends, really adds to the fun factor of a match. Want to know more or get your friends involved in PUGing? Check out my guide.

Comment

Hmm.. groups are just a fixed index right now. I guess I could look at extending it to have additional information based on the group itself. Let me think about this one for a while.
                      Thanks for considering this Joe. I really miss having this feature, been using it for like 12 years now.
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

That's great news. Could you also add a mouse sensitivity option for the group?
                        That would actually require quite a bit more work. I'll discuss it internally as I can see a small benefit but I don't think it's something many people would actually use. So it might fail the benefit/cost test.

Thanks for considering this Joe. I really miss having this feature, been using it for like 12 years now.
                        Just connecting the dots if someone is trying to find more information.

Originally posted by de`pain View Post
                        I'd like to request the ability to set unique mouse sensitivity for each weapon.

There are several players who already do this with their mouse software. It would be nice to have it in the core game.
                        Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Working...
                        X