10 Player Deathmatch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 Player Deathmatch!

I don't know about you guys but the new maximum of 10 players on Deathmatch is out of hand. A lot of maps are too small for this many players and it's just complete mayhem and very spammy. Just about every game I've been in most of us have agreed that the 10 player DM is bad.

indeed, same with 14 players in ctf, the netcode can't handle it and causes lag/pl issues.

Comment

Oh dang, I haven't tried CTF yet... 14? That's gotta be a lot. You know, I'm fine if they give that an option for us. But I'd love to have an option to have 6 back or at least have that as default.

Comment

Technically you have the option to create a custom match and set the maximum number of players to whatever you like. The 7v7 CTF and 10 player DM is not necessarily a permanent change. If it doesn't work and the majority of people don't like it and can give constructive feedback as you have done as to why they don't like it, then I'm sure it will be changed again.

StormFuror and Huds0n, thanks for your feeback on the increased player count. I hope others will give it a try and let us know what they think.

Thanks again
        -Frost

Comment

CTF with 14 players is way to spammy. It also results in 4-5 players playing defence, which is no fun at all. Player limit of 10 was optimal in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by [SbD]CpTKebab View Post
            CTF with 14 players is way to spammy. It also results in 4-5 players playing defence, which is no fun at all. Player limit of 10 was optimal in my opinion.
            I agree with this. Besides, we have Big Map CTF or whatever its called for larger groups. Although I agree, the ability to create a custom game is a short term fix. I just hope more folks speak their minds here on the forums.
            Mulsiphix's Guide To PUGing In UT4
            What is the difference between a Public server and a PUG? PUG stands for Pick Up Game. A more organized way of playing, teams are selected by Captains and voice communication is used to achieve better team coordination. These clan-style matches involve the same regulars, week after week. The community aspect, of PUGing with friends, really adds to the fun factor of a match. Want to know more or get your friends involved in PUGing? Check out my guide.

Comment

Originally posted by [Epic]Frost View Post
              Technically you have the option to create a custom match and set the maximum number of players to whatever you like. The 7v7 CTF and 10 player DM is not necessarily a permanent change. If it doesn't work and the majority of people don't like it and can give constructive feedback as you have done as to why they don't like it, then I'm sure it will be changed again.

StormFuror and Huds0n, thanks for your feeback on the increased player count. I hope others will give it a try and let us know what they think.

Thanks again
              -Frost

Thank you for your very diplomatic response, but there are multiple threads exactly like this one.

Exhibit A: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...1484-7-man-ctf
              ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
              Frag video featuring Rookie
              Frag video featuring Phantaci
              Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Just played some public iTDM on an Epic Hub. 10vs10. Deck was a spamfest beyond description. If this is the hub default, please change it to something more reasonable like 5vs5 or 6vs6. 10vs10 is just a waste of time and I really don't feel like playing that again, at all.

Comment

I would also support a lower player limit on both ctf and dm. There is no time to learn in such matches, that is to test movement routes, tactics, etc. Just spamming.

Comment

I'm inclined to agree with most of the others who prefer 5v5 to 7v7 for CTF, my main game mode of choice, but DM is also more fun with less players. When you start throwing more people into a map than it was designed for, it makes things very spammy, and on some CTF maps in particular it really ruins of the balance of offense vs defense, making it very difficult to attack and very campy.

I'd like to see a different solution than just having all official hubs being 5v5 or 7v7 etc. Different maps are designed for different player counts- why not have a setting for "large" and "small" games that favors certain sets of maps in the voting system? While almost all the maps we have right now favor smaller player counts, this hasn't always been the case with UT, and I'm sure larger maps will come along for this game as well. Regardless, it seems silly to force the same number of people onto CTF-Volcano and CTF-TitanPass.

Comment

people don't get onto custom matches easily cause they think it's all going to be hardcore and the only thing changed is the player number
                      ut4 @ ESL
                      skeevn: The A-side frags [fragmovie]
                      usefull jumps for beginners and advanced
                      skeevn 2v2 ictf mappack

The only *** playing with arrowkeys since '95

Comment

Frost the thing is, people want to join a fun DM match quick and easy, by just a few clicks, when it's set by whoever set up the server with the max of 10 (default...) There done already. 10 is not working. And that is something that most people are experiencing right now. Most of the maps aren't build for 10 people, for example DM-Outpost, and i dont know what kind of constructive feedback you guys are expecting on this new feature, it's obviously not working either for DM or CTF. As someone else stated in a different thread, for example: "The role of defence for CTF is pretty popular in this game however, with 7 people on one team, u can bet that there are atleast 2 or 3 defenders, which makes the game even more boring and deadly for a public match. As a hardcore UT fan i seriously spend less time playing UT since, which is a shame tho!
                        Last edited by Mcjansen; 11-26-2015, 12:26 PM.
                        | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
                        Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

Originally posted by skeevn View Post
                          people don't get onto custom matches easily cause they think it's all going to be hardcore and the only thing changed is the player number
                          100% true.
                          | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
                          Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

Originally posted by [Epic]Frost View Post

Thanks again
                            -Frost
                            It doesn't work, and the majority of people don't like it. That's been established in multiple threads, and the general talk of the community in IRC that you guys don't pay any attention to. Now change it back please, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevn View Post
                              Only changing the playercount shouldn't be counted as "custom" match. I hope Epic changes this. In the past the player counts varied quite a lot on public servers and this is a good thing IMO and let people decide themselves what they enjoy best instead of the game trying to dictate how you should play which happens now since people are afraid of jumping into custom instances so the default rules gets too much attention. Besides, they will bring "competitive" rulesets too. But public hubs shouldn't be very strict about the rules IMO, especially when it comes to playercount it's just stupid.
                              Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 11-26-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X