A thank you to the community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A thank you to the community

I just wanted to pop a thanks in here to you folks. Even with some negativity on the forums lately my experience with the community overall has been overwhelmingly positive. This also mirrors what I find in most games.

Special thanks to Henrik for being a fellow Leafs fan and someone I enjoy talking with several nights a week. You're probably the guy I have most in common with so far.

PayBack for his Instagib hub I frequent and making that super fun new map! I love that thing man! Great work.

Flikswitch for having that awful ping but being available for IRC convos. You should set your ISP on fire man.

NATO for working on maps and always asking for objective feedback.

MarkTheF4rth for your objective views on things I post.

Zaccubus for making cool content and sharing/encouraging the community to aspire to be better players.

UT Devs for allowing this to be possible. Also huge props for such an open development process. I feel in the end, UT will be a better game because of this decision than anything on the market.

This guy:
    [16:08] * Cerebus (webirc@GlobalGamers-98EF1429.hsd1.va.comcast.net) has joined #UnrealTournament
    [16:08] <Cerebus> what is this
    [16:08] <Cerebus> oh
    [16:08] <Cerebus> nvm
    [16:08] * Cerebus (webirc@GlobalGamers-98EF1429.hsd1.va.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: Page closed)

Rawlph for not setting the world on fire. I live in the world and am combustible

And finally the IRC community as a whole for allowing me to converse, share my opinions and not be ******** about it.

Thank you everyone for making the experience something greater than it could be. Nothing makes me as angry as trying to spend my free time playing a game and having a bunch of elitest idiots barking and howling about how much better they are and how someone sucks. This is very minimal based on my experience and adds to the overall value of the game.

Without the community being what it is I'd probably have burned through all my nostalgia and be moving along to something else. Seeing as I know I'm going to log on and have a good time, there's no reason to spend my time elsewhere for the time being. Hence why I gave away my Overwatch invite. (Yep, that happened.)

<3
    Last edited by OIIIIIIIO; 11-21-2015, 05:24 PM. Reason: I forgot the most specialest person ever and rawlph.
    -Jeep

This post makes me feel all fuzzy inside . I agree and have shared your general positive experience with the fine fans of UT4 thus far. Thank you to everyone who puts in the time to help make this a better experience for all .
    Mulsiphix's Guide To PUGing In UT4
    What is the difference between a Public server and a PUG? PUG stands for Pick Up Game. A more organized way of playing, teams are selected by Captains and voice communication is used to achieve better team coordination. These clan-style matches involve the same regulars, week after week. The community aspect, of PUGing with friends, really adds to the fun factor of a match. Want to know more or get your friends involved in PUGing? Check out my guide.

Comment

Yup, It's great!
      Win 10
      iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Its a great time when people are having fun, reminds me of when UT99 was in full swing at times.
        PayBack

Comment

I'm crossing my fingers that this is an actual appreciation thread and not a suicide note =x

But yeah, I always try and make people feel welcome in my own little ways, otherwise there would be nobody to play with!!
          ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
          Frag video featuring Rookie
          Frag video featuring Phantaci
          Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Awww, same to you buddy boy.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

I agree with your sentiment
              OIIIIIIIO, it was this which made it hard to leave, but it is what drew me back and now I'm here to stay
              Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Yes I also want to add a great big thank you! I've been watching the progress with excitement ever since the UT4 announcement, I burned many hours on UT99 and UT3 and can't wait for this version. I'm really impressed with all the commitment and high quality contributions. Can't wait for it to come out of pre-alpha so I can take her out for a spin. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                X