Let me out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me out!

Simple stuff - wherever I am in UT4, be it in in-game, choosing a map, voting, etc - when I press Escape, I want to be able to either quit the game entirely or get back to the hub or main menu. This isn't happening for me at the moment. After an on-line match I'm almost holding up the next game trying to get out / back!
    Martin

amen to that mate

Comment

You need to press escape 20 times and click the x in top right corner to exit.
      Join the community Facebook page
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
        You need to press escape 20 times and click the x in top right corner to exit.
        dont forget to twist your nipples.
        PayBack

Comment

#NippleTwistUTexitgate
          | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
          Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

needs the impossible mission "stay a while, stay forever" lets see who remembers that?

Join the community Facebook page
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Having an Esc key that doesn't exit menus is absolutely the worst thing. Well, okay, I exaggerate, but it is frustrating UI design, especially when not being able to exit with Esc means your computer gets tied up with another task, in this case loading a match you didn't want to play. At that point I generally alt-f4 just to get out.

Comment

Same problem. So boring to wait each time 1 min before being able to leave...

Comment

It's a bad bug right now that hasn't been addressed for 2-3 builds.

That said, if all you wanna do is quit the game ASAP you can always ALT+F4 I suppose.
                  ON-GOING PROJECTS: DM-BloodCovenant, DM-Campgrounds (Absolute)
                  CONTACT & TWITCH: Absolute Discord
                  , Twitch

Comment

The loud repeated noises at the end of every match are also extremely annoying. Just sayin.
                    Creator of NewNet for UT99

Comment

Originally posted by Trinatek View Post
                      That said, if all you wanna do is quit the game ASAP you can always ALT+F4 I suppose.
                      First, I agree completely with the OP ... it definitely needs fixed.

Instead of going the drastic route of ending the program completely, you can press the console key (usually the tilde key ~) and type /disconnect

That will terminate the current match (even after it has ended) and return you to the main menu screen.

Note: you will have to do it quickly, because as soon as the screen changes, everything freezes and you have to perform a strange ritual of pressing ESC multiple times and clicking inside the console window to reactivate it while sacrificing a goat and chanting a bible verse backward.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadence Q View Post
                        Note: you will have to do it quickly, because as soon as the screen changes, everything freezes and you have to perform a strange ritual of pressing ESC multiple times and clicking inside the console window to reactivate it while sacrificing a goat and chanting a bible verse backward.
                        This is the point, I think.
                        ON-GOING PROJECTS: DM-BloodCovenant, DM-Campgrounds (Absolute)
                        CONTACT & TWITCH: Absolute Discord
                        , Twitch

Comment

Writing this line to emphasize this point. If sth should be changed as fast as possible, it is this.

Comment

Honestly, I've played hundreds of hours and I still click the wrong icons at the top when trying to exit or join games. I'd much rather see a tab system like in csgo.
                            :|

Comment

Working...
                            X