Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom crosshairs: SoW

Hello community,

Throughout the years of playing I noticed a lot of nice crosshairs and decided to make some of my own, on UT99.
    I showed the result to some UT fellows and they all liked the crosshairs that I made, and personally I felt really good at playing with them, so I said "Why not making a UT4 port of them?"

And here they are.
    Just a brief description of them:
    -All the crosshairs are thin/small, if used on 1920*1080 resolution (perfect for me), especially the "SoW-Small dot" one;
    -All the crosshairs have "shadows" (If you aim towards a surface which is brighter than the crosshair itself, you'll still see it as it has small black references that make contrast), including "SoW-Small dot" (being the smallest crosshair - just one pixel + a contrast pixel);
    -The alignment is identical to UT4's small crosshairs' (such as "Cross#1", for example).

This is a preview of the crosshairs, and below you'll find a brief description of them all, with a personal suggestion on which weapons to use these crosshairs with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	List.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	360604

The order is from the top-left hand corner to the bottom-right hand corner, in horizontal way.

1) SoW-Bulk: ideal for the Rocket Launcher and the Flak Cannon, but still decently useable with other projectile weapons (Suggested weapons: Rocket Launcher, Flak Cannon, Stinger Minigun, Impact Hammer);

2) SoW-Bullet: heavily based on UT99's most popular "1337patsui" crosshair, slightly brighter, and different at the center. Ideal for hitscan weapons (Suggested weapons: Sniper Rifle, Shock Rifle, Instagib Rifle);

3) SoW-Alternative Bullet: just like "SoW-Bullet", with interruptions on the lines. On UT99, the interruptions successfully worked as some sort of "ping compensation", with the right resolution and scale (Not sure with UT4 - for high pingers). Ideal for hitscan weapons (Suggested weapons: Sniper Rifle, Shock Rifle, Instagib Rifle);

4) SoW-DeathMask: my own personal crosshair, taken inspiration from UT99's most popular "1337patsui" and "1337TimTim" crosshairs. Ideal for hitscan weapons (especially Shock Rifle). The circle is great for a better combo alignment (from my personal point of view) and for the Link Gun's secondary fire. (Suggested weapons: Shock Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Instagib Rifle, Link Gun)

5) SoW-AlternativeDeathMask: just like "SoW-DeathMask", with interruptions on the lines. On UT99, the interruptions successfully worked as some sort of "ping compensation", with the right resolution and scale (Not sure with UT4 - for high pingers). Ideal for hitscan weapons (especially Shock Rifle). The circle is great for a better combo alignment (from my personal point of view) and for the Link Gun's secondary fire. (Suggested weapons: Shock Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Instagib Rifle, Link Gun)

6) SoW-Small dot: just a 1x1 pixel dot with a 1x1 shadow pixel dot. Probably not much useful, as the crosshairs can be scaled in UT4, but some kinds of scaling just stretch out the crosshair in some points (at least for me). Good with all hitscan weapons. (Suggested weapons: Instagib Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Shock Rifle)

7) SoW-Alternative dot: just a 1x1 pixel dot, with fading shadows around it. Ideal with hitscan weapons, and with 1.0-1.3 scaling (If using 1920*1080 resolution, for lower ones, it is suggested to proportionally reduce it for the best shadow fading effects). (Suggested weapons: Instagib Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Shock Rifle)

8) SoW-Double cross: a "+" cross with a thicker "x" cross. The dots at the extremities of the "+" dots match with the extremities of the "x" ones, according to the horizontal and vertical axis. Shadowing isn't rich, therefore using hitscan weapons isn't ideal for this crosshair, but it goes very well with the Flak Cannon. (Suggested weapons: Flak Cannon, Rocket Launcher, Translocator)

9) SoW-Rocket: Almost entirely based on UT99's Rocket Launcher lock-on crosshair, it's good for those who usually launch single rockets instead of multiple ones or grenades. Also good with the Bio-Rifle, I noticed (with much bigger scaling). (Suggested weapons: Rocket Launcher, Bio-Rifle, Impact Hammer).

10) SoW-DeathMask short: Shortened version of "SoW-DeathMask", without the 2:1 horizontal/vertical proportioned lines, replaced with small lines, all of the same size. Ideal for the Enforcer and the Link Gun, good for hitscan weapons (especially Shock Rifle). The circle is great for a better combo alignment (from my personal point of view). (Suggested weapons: Enforcer, Link Gun, Shock Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Instagib Rifle).

Every crosshair has its own file, available below, in the .zip folder below.
    DOWNLOAD HERE - Version 5 Updated

How to install:

Just grab the file/s needed (according to which crosshair you'd like) and move them to \Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\DownloadedPaks

Uninstalling previous versions:

In the same folder you installed (or are going to install) the new crosshairs (\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\DownloadedPaks), delete the old crosshairs.
    Last edited by Seth Dakam; 12-09-2016, 11:32 PM. Reason: Content update
    {S.o.W}DeathMask, 9 times CWC UT2003, 1 time EMKTC.
    Custom crosshairs - SoW
    Create you own crustom crosshair - Tutorial
    CTF-SoW-LiandriDocks
    DM-Caladbolg (MaskTest)

+1, love the patsui cross hair from 99, great job! Cannot use them though due to some bug (reported elsewhere)

Comment

I was told so by some friends as well, there's a work-around (worked for me with all crosshairs): Once you've set them and try joining an online game, the crosshairs won't be shown up. Once you open the Weapons menu and go to crosshairs, then click OK, you'll be able to see that. Once done it, Do the same thing offline and make sure the game says "Profile Saved". If it doesn't, try modifying a random setting on the system then turn it back to the previous value, it shoud save the profile.

After that, you should be able to use custom crosshairs. At least it worked for me
      Custom crosshairs - SoW
      CTF-SoW-LiandriDocks
      DM-Caladbolg (MaskTest)

Comment

These are really nice crosshairs. Thanks!

Comment

Thank you
          I hope these crosshairs will be appreciated by as many people as posssible. Maybe more will be coming, stay tuned.
          Custom crosshairs - SoW
          CTF-SoW-LiandriDocks
          DM-Caladbolg (MaskTest)

Comment

Anyone else who downloaded the crosshairs:
            Any feedback? I'm on my way onto making some more and improving the ones already uploaded.
            I can also make custom ones upon request
            Custom crosshairs - SoW
            CTF-SoW-LiandriDocks
            DM-Caladbolg (MaskTest)

Comment

thanks man.

Hey, I found the mCrosshairs from 2K4 that were crazy visible. Can you bust them out into a new format?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_h...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

I would, if i could download from the link you provided me
                I need a new link mate. As soon as I get it, it won't be a problem.
                Custom crosshairs - SoW
                CTF-SoW-LiandriDocks
                DM-Caladbolg (MaskTest)

Comment

Originally posted by {S.o.W}DeathMask View Post
                  I would, if i could download from the link you provided me
                  I need a new link mate. As soon as I get it, it won't be a problem.
                  Hmm, should be a DL button at the top of the screen. Let me know if you still down see it and I'll try Onedrive instead. You may have to run your cursor up there for it to show itself.

Attached Files

Comment

My bad. I didn't see the DL button.
                    You want them all, or there's one or few in particular that you like?

EDIT: I noticed that the crosshair "SoW-Alternative DeathMask" had a little problem with the shadow, so the fixed version of it has been re-uploaded on the top post.
                    Last edited by Seth Dakam; 12-12-2015, 09:34 AM.
                    Custom crosshairs - SoW
                    CTF-SoW-LiandriDocks
                    DM-Caladbolg (MaskTest)

Comment

If I were to pick some, these would be them. They're just crazy visible (to me anyway)

Attached Files

Comment

Alright.

I've done the first 3 that you pointed out.
                        Do you want the shadows to be all around the crosshair just like in the picture as well, or just a small reference to it?
                        Custom crosshairs - SoW
                        CTF-SoW-LiandriDocks
                        DM-Caladbolg (MaskTest)

Comment

I like the pitch black around them. Big selling point for me.

Comment

Say no more, I'll get to work ASAP. Best case scenario you'll find the package ready before I leave for London (i.e. before Saturday) otherwise we'll talk about it next year, but it's kinda unlikely
                            Custom crosshairs - SoW
                            CTF-SoW-LiandriDocks
                            DM-Caladbolg (MaskTest)

Comment

Originally posted by {s.o.w}deathmask View Post
                              say no more, i'll get to work asap. Best case scenario you'll find the package ready before i leave for london (i.e. Before saturday) otherwise we'll talk about it next year, but it's kinda unlikely :d

thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                              X