Happy Holidays - Capture the Tree for #UTAlpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Happy Holidays - Capture the Tree for #UTAlpha

Hi everyone, I just wanted to take a couple of seconds and wish you all a Happy Holiday. It's been a fun year and we have made some great progress and I'm surely going to be fragging my way in to 2016. And since we were unable to get a Holiday event put together, I wanted to bring something from the past back. Now true story, I wanted to do Capture the Tree last year at this time, but things were already crazy and I just couldn't get the art done. I can handle most areas of game development but 3D modeling isn't my wheelhouse. So I was thrilled that I could get my old office mate Warren Marshall to step up and make the content I needed. Warren left Epic earlier this year to strike gold as a freelance artist both handling contracts and building cool assets for UE4. You can check out his work here or hit up his web site directly.

Capture the Tree is currently running on our Dallas Hub so jump in and join me for some Holiday fun. I'll be stopping by as much as I can for the remainder of 2015 so find me and let's play. And if you want to run it on your server or Hub here is the package (instructions are included)

Click here to Download the Capture the Tree Server Install Package

I've also zipped up the source assets/blueprints/etc so that it can become a living project. I'm going to create a Github depot for it (unless some kind sole in the community wants to first.. I hate Github). So next year it can be even better. There are a number of little things that I didn't have time to clean up or get right and we should get it working better by next year.

Click here to Download the current uncooked version

So as we close out this year, I just wanted to say again Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Peace on Earth... and the NEG controlled planets,

Joe 'DrSiN' Wilcox

LOL NICE! Can't wait to try this out. Hope everyone has a merry x-mas and a happy new year!
    Creator of NewNet for UT99

Comment

This is awesome Joe! Thank you Warren, the tree looks fantastic! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
      Mulsiphix's Guide To PUGing In UT4
      What is the difference between a Public server and a PUG? PUG stands for Pick Up Game. A more organized way of playing, teams are selected by Captains and voice communication is used to achieve better team coordination. These clan-style matches involve the same regulars, week after week. The community aspect, of PUGing with friends, really adds to the fun factor of a match. Want to know more or get your friends involved in PUGing? Check out my guide.

Comment

Thx Joe, I wish you and all out there a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post

Hi everyone, I just wanted to take a couple of seconds and wish you all a Happy Holiday. It's been a fun year and we have made some great progress and I'm surely going to be fragging my way in to 2016. And since we were unable to get a Holiday event put together, I wanted to bring something from the past back. Now true story, I wanted to do Capture the Tree last year at this time, but things were already crazy and I just couldn't get the art done. I can handle most areas of game development but 3D modeling isn't my wheelhouse. So I was thrilled that I could get my old office mate Warren Marshall to step up and make the content I needed. Warren left Epic earlier this year to strike gold as a freelance artist both handling contracts and building cool assets for UE4. You can check out his work here or hit up his web site directly.

Capture the Tree is currently running on our Dallas Hub so jump in and join me for some Holiday fun. I'll be stopping by as much as I can for the remainder of 2015 so find me and let's play. And if you want to run it on your server or Hub here is the package (instructions are included)

Click here to Download the Capture the Tree Server Install Package

I've also zipped up the source assets/blueprints/etc so that it can become a living project. I'm going to create a Github depot for it (unless some kind sole in the community wants to first.. I hate Github). So next year it can be even better. There are a number of little things that I didn't have time to clean up or get right and we should get it working better by next year.

Click here to Download the current uncooked version

So as we close out this year, I just wanted to say again Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Peace on Earth... and the NEG controlled planets,

Joe 'DrSiN' Wilcox
          Awesome, thanks a ton Joe. Would love to use something like this to build on for next year.
          Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Awesome, thanks Joe! Getting...choked..up... Happy Holidays to Epic! (but mostly just the UT team )

It's up and running on the Unreal Carnage Dallas Hub also.
            Last edited by MΛuL; 12-23-2015, 08:38 PM.
            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

LOL! Thanks for posting this Joe. Happy holidays to everyone at UT and the forums.

Comment

LOL awesome I can't wait to have some good HO HO HOswith my friends while hauling Christmas trees on our backs.
                Steam
                irc.globalgamers.net #galaxy #unrealtournament #ut4pugs
                UT Username - nvz
                gg! Galaxy Gaming Community

SPECS
                || Core i5-4670k @ 4.2 gHz || ASUS GTX 1070 4GB VRAM ||ASUS VG248QE ‑ 24in 144Hz || Random 54 inch TV || Mouse - Razer Deathadder Chroma || Keyboard - Microsoft Sindwinder X4 || Case - Cyberpower Titan X || 16 gb DDR3 RAM || Logitech g930 Wireless Surround sound Headset || Steelseries QCK heavy + Mouse pad ||

#PREALPHA

Comment

Hedsteem's UT3 VCTF server has been doing this for years. We have x-mas trees, present pickups. For Halloween we have scythe flags, witch broom for hoverboards, tombstone pickups, & players spawn tomb stones when killed. We even have a valentines mod that changes the flags to valentines suckers, & the pickups to those candy "chalk" hearts with messages on them. We even have holiday weapons like pumpkin bombs, snowballs, & ice cannon.
                  Attached Files
                  GameSpy PTSD sufferer

Comment

Originally posted by HEDRumple View Post
                    Hedsteem's UT3 VCTF server has been doing this for years. We have x-mas trees, present pickups. For Halloween we have scythe flags, witch broom for hoverboards, tombstone pickups, & players spawn tomb stones when killed. We even have a valentines mod that changes the flags to valentines suckers, & the pickups to those candy "chalk" hearts with messages on them. We even have holiday weapons like pumpkin bombs, snowballs, & ice cannon.
                    Yep, you definitely had it nailed on Ut3. Are you planning on bringing over your artistic flavor to UT4, Rumple?? I can really see you doing great things in ut4!

Comment

No vehicles. No deal.
                      GameSpy PTSD sufferer

Comment

Originally posted by HEDRumple View Post
                        No vehicles. No deal.
                        I think they will get there eventually.
                        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

This mutator has been recooked for the current version. Get it on UTCC:
                          https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/mutator/...e%20The%20Tree

Reupload of the source files:
                          https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zq1WOz3Qa3xAIF-vCsmaveQqVL9iZplN

Happy holidays!
                          -Fn>Metalfist
                          ---------------------
                          Siege Building | BT-CrashOut | CTF-AsteroidDrill | UT99 Ports&Muts | Nyandeemer | LogoSplash | CTF-Bedrooms2 | Unreal Papercrafts | Unreal Monsters | ChaosUT | UT-SLV: Strangelove | Zunnie's Mug

Comment

Working...
                          X