warning... ut base page data usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

warning... ut base page data usage

On my mobile phone I went to unrealtournament.com and from there I opened a new tab to browse the forums.

After just a short while it seems the base ut page sucked ca 1.7gb ! (it was running in the background in a separate tab while I was browsing the forums )

I have a 2.5 gb cell network data usage per month limit so it was not the end of the world but isn't that page using up a bit to much data when visiting on a mobile phone?

Just out of interest, what browser are you using?
    Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

it has a ton of images and even an HD video that streams in, though 1.7 gb for that sounds pretty unoptimized. I sympathize with your situation, but learned long ago to be careful of what I surf on a phone!

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Im using Firefox for Android.

(Was out in the woods for a couple of days with the phone as only entertainment during dark evenings)

Comment

Hmm, OK.

Just wonder because it was Firefox if it picked it up as a desktop browser.

I would recommend using the Phony Addon for Firefox when using mobile data.

I agree the page shouldn't have done that, but this is worth experimenting with.
          Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

This will be fixed very soon, so sorry for the trouble. We're aware but couldn't get it done before the holiday.
            Stacey Conley
            -----------------------------
            Unreal Tournament Community Manager
            Epic Games, Inc.
            Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Working...
            X