Accidental dodging at 0.5 wait time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidental dodging at 0.5 wait time?

Is there an issue with dodging, with this build? I'm not double tapping but I still dodge with movement.
    Last edited by 213; 01-14-2016, 11:45 PM.

Maybe you're getting too close to a wall whilst in the air and doing a wall dodge, which only takes one press. I do them sometimes on purpose (when it's a good wall dodge) and sometimes by accident (when it gets me killed)... or at least that's what I'll claim
    Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

What prompted me to post this I was on Facing Worlds moving around without dodging at the moment, by the bridge area, and it dodged me off the bridge.

Comment

I've had some issues as well on some maps where there's accidential dodging. I suspect like some tiles on maps which should be 'classified' as ground might be at a sliiiiight little angle and thus when you walk on it you're much more susceptible to perform a dodge. I have no idea but this is the feeling I get when I have those weird dodges.

If you only need to press once to wall dodge a possible fix to this is to force two-tap to do wall dodge?

Comment

Is single tap dodge activated without you realising it? Maybe you pressed the bind by mistake.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          UT4 nick: StryphZ`
          UT99 nick: SAFeSTeR

My PlaysTV
          Frag-ments: UT4 movie starring SAFeSTeR a.k.a. StryphZ`

Frag-ments (Part II): UT4 pre alpha movie starring StryphZ`

Comment

Or perhaps you made an accidental double tap dodge. This happens to me fairly often in '99.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            UT4 nick: StryphZ`
            UT99 nick: SAFeSTeR

My PlaysTV
            Frag-ments: UT4 movie starring SAFeSTeR a.k.a. StryphZ`

Frag-ments (Part II): UT4 pre alpha movie starring StryphZ`

Comment

It's not activated. Still happening.. gonna set it close to 1

Comment

it's not just you man... it is definitely a big that has been around in builds for a long time. My player model randomly dodges when I am just trying to strafe. Even more frustration is when I randomly dodge off walls for no reason. Single tap dodge is off. Never had this issue in past UTs...

I am shocked that this is not talked about more...

Comment

Originally posted by banks334 View Post
                  it's not just you man... it is definitely a big that has been around in builds for a long time. My player model randomly dodges when I am just trying to strafe. Even more frustration is when I randomly dodge off walls for no reason. Single tap dodge is off. Never had this issue in past UTs...

I am shocked that this is not talked about more...
                  What type of port are you using with your keyboard? Are you doing USB, or a USB to PS/2 adapter?

Comment

QUESTION: what is the minimum time between dodges? say i set it to zero does that mean i can dodge all the time non stop. Im pretty sure you cant and there is a minimum time between being able to dodge after a dodge.

Does any one know the time?
                    Join the community Facebook page
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Fixed title. My accidental dodging was at 0.5 not 0.05.

I switched from a USB to PS/2 adapter, to a USB connection and it seems to have gone away but I did set it to 0.2, but when I lower my double click time to 0.1 there is a HUGE amount of lag present. Why is that?
                      Last edited by 213; 01-15-2016, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X