Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone hate the "team introduction" screen/song as much as me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone hate the "team introduction" screen/song as much as me?

It is SO MUCH louder than the rest of the music/sound in game, comes out of nowhere (I forget it's coming every time), and is just obnoxious as all hell. The song is boring/cliche, and I don't need to see what my team looks like. Is there going to be a way to turn this off in the future? I like flying around the map while the time goes down just fine.

i just turned the music down in settings... can't help you with the screen though.

Comment

I think the tune is fine for the fragcenter videos but its exposure becomes oversaturated when it's both in every video as well as in the game. Plus it doesn't really fit in the match intros. There are changes coming to the way intros work though and the tune itself no longer clashes with map music.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

No way dude, i totally feel like im involved in some super sweet Esport title and what I am doing is going to be shown on frag center and everyones gonna think im super cool /S.
        PayBack

Comment

I'm surprised there's not a "10 hours of frag center intro" youtube video.

Comment

I would like it if you could see both teams at the same time along with important average performance details and a chosen position for that game.

pb: Defense: avg flag returns per game: 35
            Cafe: Defense: avg sniper acc: 50
            linoleum: Offense: avg flag run distance per game: 1500 yards
            etc.
            Come join us for pickup games http://ut4pugs.us

Comment

Originally posted by fb.pb View Post
              I would like it if you could see both teams at the same time along with important average performance details and a chosen position for that game.

etc.
              That's a really good idea.
              Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
                That's a really good idea.
                Showing your preferred stat would be fun and informative, i.e. if you like the sniper you could show your sniper accuracy and even pubbers would think "that guy's good with the sniper, we should help him do that".

Comment

Hate is such a strong wording. HenrikRyosa stated correctly, I originally for the Frag Center Logo, and wasn't intended for the character showcase page. It has an NFL logo esque music with UT theme in there.

I do agree however that it does not fit the character page. Entropy did ask some of the community composers for a new stinger. Hopefully those will fit a bit better.

Comment

According to the github change list, the new build has an explicit option for tuning the volume of the intro jingle/music

Comment

It was loud on one of the latest builds, but for now i'm ok with it.
                      I just a bit confused, why do characters hold random weapons in the instagib mode
                      DM-SpaceMiracle

Comment

etc.
                        OK with that. Current intro is useless and just annoying to send chat messages
                        Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
                        https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
                        http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
                        Discord PUG Community

Comment

etc.
                          Loving this.

Maybe the intro screen could quickly swipe over the teams and then focus on a few players with notable stats or something.

But I've been told it's gonna become shorter anyway, also has to do with the fact that there will be new pieces of music for it.
                          Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

It works nice as a stringer for videos, but hearing it at the beginning of the every game is a bit too much. Honestly, I'd like an option to turn off the whole pre-game/post-game presentation completely. I appreciate the effort that went into it and the idea, but for me it just get's in the way.
                            "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                            - RenegadeRetard

Comment

I'm interested to see how they changed it before deciding.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                              Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X