Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to change the camera speed when playing with a controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any way to change the camera speed when playing with a controller?

I've just downloaded the alpha of the new UT and first I must say I'm loving this game so far. I really like the way the maps look very clean and kind of old-school as opposed to the gritty and detailed maps in UT3. I've always preferred clean, indoor maps.
    But I have a question. I'm playing the game with a controller and can't seem to figure out where to change the camera speed for anything other than the mouse. I'm used to playing with a very high camera speed, but by default it's set to very low. Is there any way to change this in-game? If not, does anyone know where to change it in the game files?
    Thank you.

At the moment the game has only basic controller support, so the only way to change that is through the config files. You need to go to Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor and find the Input.ini file. In this file there are 4 lines that you'll need to edit.
    Code:
    AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="Gamepad_LeftX",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.250000,Sensitivity=1.000000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))
    AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="Gamepad_LeftY",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.250000,Sensitivity=1.000000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))
    AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="Gamepad_RightX",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.250000,Sensitivity=1.000000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))
    AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="Gamepad_RightY",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.250000,Sensitivity=1.000000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))
    You need to edit the Sensitivity parameter.
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply!

I did as you said and tried changing it to 7, 9 and 99.000000, but they didn't make any difference in game. I also made the file read-only afterwards as the game kept changing it back to the default settings. Any clue what I'm doing wrong?

Comment

Guess it overrides those. We'll have to wait until someone from Epic sees that.
        "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
        - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Alright then. Either way, thanks for the help.

EDIT: Also, if someone from Epic does see this: you guys should totally do another Unreal game with like story mode and stuff. Something like the first unreal but with the UT4 engine would be sick.

Comment

I realize I am resurrecting my dead thread, but I wanted to check up on this to see if anyone knows if there's a way to fix this now? It's been 2 years and I still can't play this game with a controller so if anyone at Epic is reading their forums... I'd really like a response to this. Can I please have an option to change my controller sensitivity in-game?

Comment

Wow lol. Well the game development is stopped. You have 2 ways to do this. One is get a program for your pc that increases the controller sensitivity. Two is you build your own mutator for controller fixing in Uteditor in the UTplayercontroller
              Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

I have recently figured this out, you need Xpadder or a similar software to make this work, have to bind mouse to Right stick only, heres a link to my tutorial on here:

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...-using-xpadder

Comment

Working...
                X