Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there going to be melee weapons in this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there going to be melee weapons in this?

As the title states I was wondering if there was going to be melee weapons in this one like UT the Liandry Conflict. It was by far my favorite UT to play out of the ones I played up until 2009. Just had more fast paced action and the ability to deflect enemy weapon fire with the melee weapons was just neat to set-up so many outplays on people. I was just curious, thanks for any input.

Maybe... maybe not.

Just to correct, it was Unreal Championship 2, not Unreal Tournament.

Melee might be a thing in the community made modes/assets/whatever, but for the official build... I kind of doubt it. Remember that Unreal Tournament is a fast paced FPS at the core and not a brawler one. The only melees I saw so far are the Impact Hammer and the Chainsaw in the first UT.
    And I always thought the deflect was kind of dumb actually... Like I can just counter any projectile, send them back to their owner, with locking AND Udamage... combined with the ability to move fairly quickly, that made the ranged weapons almost pointless.
    Last edited by Darkloser; 02-16-2016, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I mean you do have the impact hammer and the shield generator.
      PayBack

Comment

It seems quite likely that the impact hammer will be the only official melee weapon (and could be discussed if it's really a tool or a weapon).

Of course, if the game is a success, someone might make mods that add melee weapons. According to the ChaosUT website, they're working on a UT4 version. The sword looks pretty sweet: http://chaoticdreams.org/chaos-for-ut4-media/

Comment

The impact hammer (and all his iterations) is actually a mining tool repurposed as a weapon for the tournament.

Comment

MUTATOR - Dodge Kick Melee
            Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Hammer is too slow for melee.

Comment

Yeah but on that one you couldn't deflect all the time and the timing had to be nearly perfect for it to deflect back at the attacker. It also had a CD period so you couldn't spam it. O wells, guess that was a one-hit wonder.

Comment

Working...
                X