• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any new information on Vehicles?

Or is it the same story as last time, which is "someday"

Someday...maybe...call me...
    PayBack

Comment

Considering Onslaught(UT2004), then Warfare(UT3) team based gametypes had by far the most players and biggest following, I think they're missing a trick here. Sure DM is the focus, but team based would bring many new players benefiting all gametypes.

Just one UE4 quality outdoor Onslaught map crafted by Epic would almost certainly vastly increase UT-related interest among gaming websites and former team gametype oriented players - allowing those put off by the idea of learning through getting owned in DM a chance to hone their skills.

Unrelated : As stated previously ,I also think embracing the F2P model was a mistake. F2P has a reputation ,fairly or unfairly for being sucky. That isn't Epic's fault but it is a fact and paradoxically a hurdle to generating interest because so many have had bad experiences with it.
      Last edited by Phoenix75; 02-24-2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix75
        Unrelated : As stated previously ,I also think embracing the F2P model was a mistake. F2P has a reputation ,fairly or unfairly for being sucky. That isn't Epic's fault but it is a fact and paradoxically a hurdle to generating interest because so many have had bad experiences with it.
        This is not F2P. Its actually free. No purchase required for any core elements.
        Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Let's not get hung up in silly semantics.

I meant free- to- play. I accept it's nothing like a pay to win F2P.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix75 View Post
            Let's not get hung up in silly semantics.

I meant free- to- play. I accept it's nothing like a pay to win F2P.
            Just checking

Some people don't know that this is different and just assume the pay to win F2P model as it is the most common.
            Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix75 View Post
              Sure DM is the focus, but team based would bring many new players benefiting all gametypes.
              This is main problem. This is wrong. Game will be dead very soon.

I'm not talking about the game modes such as Onslaught/Warfare & VCTF & Assault (this embryo that is now, is not considered), Bombing Run or Invasion. No.

Why not just to diversify the game variations DM - Mutant (shut up, UT2004 noob haters), Last Man Standing. I think - is will be very popular game modes. Plus greater variety. Especially because, it is not even full game modes! In fact - it's just mutators into a separate game mode. Why not introduce them to the game right now? This is - obviously - increase the interest in UT4.

About vihicles - with such pace of development (texturing one card about two months!) - machines and game modes with them, we will see after 5 years, when interest in the game already subside.
              Last edited by Skaary; 02-24-2016, 02:58 PM.

Comment

I see your point about fleshing out the vehicles. Couldn't they just use older(previous UT) assets as they did with the placeholder weapons originally? Epic say there's nothing to stop the community creating this gametype, but it'd help if they got the ball rolling.

And how much time & effort has been put into DM maps already?
                Last edited by Phoenix75; 02-24-2016, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X