Forum Log in issues anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Log in issues anyone?

So I logged in and I'm in the General Discussion section. I'm looking for a thread I posted and I'm scrolling through the pages. I get to 6 and look through it. I click page 7 and the forum goes to a Logged in redirecting page. So I'm at page 7. I scroll through it and I didn't find my post (i know I could go to the control panel but at this point I'm a little more curios about the log in issue) So I click page 8 and I get the same Logged in Redirecting page, and then I'm on page 8.

This forum has been acting funny for more than 6 months like this. I've decided enough is enough and wanted to post this ... blah blah blah. Anyone else having forum issues?

Try clearing your browser cache.
    Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
      Try clearing your browser cache.

No it's not that. Ive logged out. Cleared EVERYTHING in my browser, Browsing & Download History, Form and Search History, Cookies, Cache, Active Logins, Offline Website Data, even rebooted my daily PC and it still gives me issues. It just happened this morning and I'm not even logged in to UT4 on my other machine. [MENTION=5909]_Lynx[/MENTION] said it's cause I could be logged in to UT4 but It's the next day and my game machine isn't even running and I'm getting the same redirect issues and re-log ins when I'm already logged in. It is 1000% this forum. Happens on NO other forums. I've went through my settings changing them and trying different things, rebooted my modem, disabled all add-ons in Firefox, etc etc, it is 1000% the forum's issue.

Comment

Originally posted by 213 View Post
        No it's not that. Ive logged out. Cleared EVERYTHING in my browser, Browsing & Download History, Form and Search History, Cookies, Cache, Active Logins, Offline Website Data, even rebooted my daily PC and it still gives me issues. It just happened this morning and I'm not even logged in to UT4 on my other machine. @_Lynx said it's cause I could be logged in to UT4 but It's the next day and my game machine isn't even running and I'm getting the same redirect issues and re-log ins when I'm already logged in. It is 1000% this forum. Happens on NO other forums. I've went through my settings changing them and trying different things, rebooted my modem, disabled all add-ons in Firefox, etc etc, it is 1000% the forum's issue.
        hmm.

I too have been noticing something odd today when reading notifications in my email on my phone.

It will login, but then redirect to:

Code:
        https://forums.unrealtournament.comforum.php
        As the last forward slash is missing, the page will not load.

If I manually change the URL to be correct and then click on the link again in my email, everything is fine.

Comment

What I meant is that logging into the game 100% causes a log out on the forums. But not that this is the only reason why it may happen.
          "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
          - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Thanks guys, looking into it!
            Stacey Conley
            -----------------------------
            Unreal Tournament Community Manager
            Epic Games, Inc.
            Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Yep seen this same thing when that redirect happens.
              HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
              BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
                What I meant is that logging into the game 100% causes a log out on the forums. But not that this is the only reason why it may happen.

Yeah I kinda suspected it was more than that. And you did confirm for me what I was wondering about when gaming UT4 and logged into the forums. It seemed related.

Another thing I've been noticing is when I start to type a reply the mouse cursor will move up to the very next line, e.g.

ums are having issues.
                Hey, the for

[MENTION=259874]richardboegli[/MENTION] Yup, I was seeing that same redirect. Not sure if that's where the issue was originating from.

Another issue just came up. This reply I am making is inbetween _Lynx and Flak's post. Sir Brizz's post is in the forum as well but for some reason when I chose to reply my post is inbtween Lynx and Flak's post. I got a screen shot of it:

Attached Files

Comment

Just logged in on the General Discussion page, and went to view this thread, and I was logged in again.

Comment

Just logged in on the General Discussion page, and went to view this thread, and I was logged in again.
                    Try going to the UE4 forums.

I'm curious what happens when you do that.

I did a search with [MENTION=14194]213[/MENTION] username on that forum and I couldn't find you.

It will automatically create you an account if you are logged into the UT forum.

Comment

We believed this is fixed, could you guys poke around a bit and check?

Thank you!
                      Stacey Conley
                      -----------------------------
                      Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                      Epic Games, Inc.
                      Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Another issue just came up. This reply I am making is inbetween _Lynx and Flak's post. Sir Brizz's post is in the forum as well but for some reason when I chose to reply my post is inbtween Lynx and Flak's post. I got a screen shot of it:

Spoiler
                        The button "Reply" is always the way to reply to the specific post/user. It is the same as "Reply with Quote" but without the content of that post. "+ Reply to thread" is the way to create/write a post responding to the thread in general (the OP). If you check the threaded view, you'll see the difference. If you use "Reply"/"Reply with Quote", you always get the "Quick Reply" box inbetween posts if the specific post is not the last.

Most of the users do not use these specific buttons the right way (as the default thread view is linear) which makes the threaded view mode bad to use.
                        ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                        ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
                          hmm.

I too have been noticing something odd today when reading notifications in my email on my phone.

It will login, but then redirect to:

Code:
                          https://forums.unrealtournament.comforum.php
                          As the last forward slash is missing, the page will not load.

If I manually change the URL to be correct and then click on the link again in my email, everything is fine.
                          Originally posted by Flak View Post

Thank you!
                          [MENTION=1513]Flak[/MENTION] Tested the method which caused me issue before and it worked fine.

If logged me in again and the redirect worked correctly on mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                            The button "Reply" is always the way to reply to the specific post/user. It is the same as "Reply with Quote" but without the content of that post. "+ Reply to thread" is the way to create/write a post responding to the thread in general (the OP). If you check the threaded view, you'll see the difference. If you use "Reply"/"Reply with Quote", you always get the "Quick Reply" box inbetween posts if the specific post is not the last.

Most of the users do not use these specific buttons the right way (as the default thread view is linear) which makes the threaded view mode bad to use.
                            Interesting. I never payed any attention to that. I knew what "Reply with Quote" meant but the other two always threw me off. Thank you. I'll pay more attention to which buttons I use to reply with next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post

Thank you!

Working on it now, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X