Forum Log in issues anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Happening lately more often. Also "Activity stream" doesn't work anymore, it won't update. If you notice, no update (and you know there some new posts), clicking on "Activity stream" again (or anywhere else), you will be logged in again (redirected from the login page).

It might be related to the new feature I get using Firebox asking me if notifications on epicgames.com should be allowed. What I see is a change to the Epic header, which might be related.

What I also noticed, a version of jQuery is trying to load ("http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js") but blocked to the using the http protocol. What I can see from the html source code, it is related to the Advanced User Tagging addon/mod.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just want to mention this, Epic's backend doesn't allow multiple login (multiple sessions) on different systems, that's why you get logged out from the forum if you log in from the game itself.
    Since the change of the forum's domain from forum.unrealtournament.com to epicgames.com/unrealtournament/forum, whenever you click on the old links, you'll get redirected with the login page.
    (occasionally while writing a reply, that session also ends and you'll be redirected when you preview or post what you've written, this can result into losing the message... it could have been saved in the WYSIWYG editor)

Link without Login (in case you were already logged in)
    Link with Re-Login

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK, we have folks looking at it, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Started for me again as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I also have these login/redirect problems, at least when I read the forums on an Android chrome browser. Messes up the back button because you are sent to the redirect page instead of the "general discussion" list of topics. The missing slash used to happen frequently for me, but I don't think I've seen that problem in the last few days.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
    I'm seeing this one my end again. Quite a lot of "Thanks for logging in" (the record was yesterday with 4 in under 20 minutes) and also got a redirect to https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...orumsforum.php (note the missing slash before "forums.php") Anyone else having this?
    Here the same ...sometimes I get re-logged-in during sending a reply and have to hope the replay wasn't killed in the meantime. When this happen I'm landing on the main forum page and have to got to the subcategory and thread to check if my reply is still auto-saved.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No. I logged in just fine this time. Hmmm

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm seeing this one my end again. Quite a lot of "Thanks for logging in" (the record was yesterday with 4 in under 20 minutes) and also got a redirect to https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...orumsforum.php (note the missing slash before "forums.php") Anyone else having this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Currently have 4 threads open each in it's own tab, UE4-Win64..., Starting in DX12..., Skip GPU Buffering, *here* Forum Log in issues..., and the General Discussion "Mother" forum open. No issues.

I did boot up the game, on my game pc, when the tabs were open and checked some GPU settings to see if the engine.ini would reflect some changes I'm curious about. I logged out of the game. Refreshed one of the tabs and it automatically redirected me and logged me in. No other issues. I know now that's normal behavior. So far so good

Thanks, Flak!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Flak View Post
    We believed this is fixed, could you guys poke around a bit and check?

Thank you!

Working on it now, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    The button "Reply" is always the way to reply to the specific post/user. It is the same as "Reply with Quote" but without the content of that post. "+ Reply to thread" is the way to create/write a post responding to the thread in general (the OP). If you check the threaded view, you'll see the difference. If you use "Reply"/"Reply with Quote", you always get the "Quick Reply" box inbetween posts if the specific post is not the last.

Most of the users do not use these specific buttons the right way (as the default thread view is linear) which makes the threaded view mode bad to use.
    Interesting. I never payed any attention to that. I knew what "Reply with Quote" meant but the other two always threw me off. Thank you. I'll pay more attention to which buttons I use to reply with next time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
    hmm.

I too have been noticing something odd today when reading notifications in my email on my phone.

It will login, but then redirect to:

Code:
    https://forums.unrealtournament.comforum.php
    As the last forward slash is missing, the page will not load.

If I manually change the URL to be correct and then click on the link again in my email, everything is fine.
    Originally posted by Flak View Post

Thank you!
    [MENTION=1513]Flak[/MENTION] Tested the method which caused me issue before and it worked fine.

If logged me in again and the redirect worked correctly on mobile.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 213 View Post
    Another issue just came up. This reply I am making is inbetween _Lynx and Flak's post. Sir Brizz's post is in the forum as well but for some reason when I chose to reply my post is inbtween Lynx and Flak's post. I got a screen shot of it:

Spoiler
    The button "Reply" is always the way to reply to the specific post/user. It is the same as "Reply with Quote" but without the content of that post. "+ Reply to thread" is the way to create/write a post responding to the thread in general (the OP). If you check the threaded view, you'll see the difference. If you use "Reply"/"Reply with Quote", you always get the "Quick Reply" box inbetween posts if the specific post is not the last.

Most of the users do not use these specific buttons the right way (as the default thread view is linear) which makes the threaded view mode bad to use.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 213 View Post
    Just logged in on the General Discussion page, and went to view this thread, and I was logged in again.
    Try going to the UE4 forums.

I'm curious what happens when you do that.

I did a search with [MENTION=14194]213[/MENTION] username on that forum and I couldn't find you.

It will automatically create you an account if you are logged into the UT forum.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X