Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bio Launcher - Can we stop using this now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bio Launcher - Can we stop using this now?

Now that the ESL duel tournament is over are we all in agreement that we should stop using the god awful spam cannon?

It has a lot of potential but needs some more time for people to get use to it; so far it's only been large scale tested in duel. Like any other weapon it may just need some balance tweaks rather than just be taken out. At the end of the day I think it's much more interesting and useful than the bio rifle.

Comment

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...ocket-Launcher
      Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
      It has a lot of potential but needs some more time for people to get use to it; so far it's only been large scale tested in duel. Like any other weapon it may just need some balance tweaks rather than just be taken out. At the end of the day I think it's much more interesting and useful than the bio rifle.
      Agree on all points.

If the rocket launcher had a switch to fire only a single grenade in secondary mode and they fired like the Bio launcher, than it could be removed.

The current projectile is not catered for in the same way like Bio launcher.
      Last edited by richardboegli; 03-14-2016, 12:28 AM.
      Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Just lower ammo count and ROF. Back to ten please.
        Former Console UT3 Player on Xbox 360 & PS3
        Current UT4 Player
        Known as phantaci.
        UT Theme Song:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C9Sh-wcy7s

Comment

Originally posted by legionz View Post
          Now that the ESL duel tournament is over are we all in agreement that we should stop using the god awful spam cannon?
          I've come to actually like the weapon, it adds a type of long range counter spam that wasn't possible before. I think it needs less damage on hit and less ammo though or a slower rate of fire at least.

Comment

If only there were another weapon that controlled space through bounces, but didn't do 70 damage per hit.

Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

This game really need a Ripper first of all. And only then, someday, create other guns. Especially UT4 as if brags that the direct heir of UT99 - how is it that no Ripper? Logic...

Comment

I say take it out, but if it stays in, reduce the ROF BIG TIME. Get rid of the instant goo web completely, and take out the gas cloud that sticks around. Treat the grenades like a rocket splash, where it explodes then is done. No need for that stuff to linger around spamming up the map. And for the love of God, PLEASE don't bring back the ripper. That is the last thing this game needs is more spam and the ripper is the king of spam.
                Ðarth|UA|
                Youtube

Come play CTF and Elimination Pick Up Games (PUGS) with us at: https://discord.gg/BbPPCBx . You can also go to http://ut4pugs.us Hope to see you all there!

Comment

The dynamics it could give to duel are great, it just needs number tweaking so that it isn't good at other things. Hitbox size, direct hit damage, damage over time etc should be reduced but having a weapon that is made for area denial is far more interesting than the mess that the official bio is.
                  :|

Comment

I think the IDEA of the bio-launcher is totally fun and way more entertaining than the stock bio-rifle, but as it stands now, this weapon is just bonked. The fun factor is off the charts, until..... youre on the receiving end of the spamfest.

The rate of fire is crazy,
                    the projectiles go way fast,
                    ammo count is too high a lot of the time (for some reason)
                    the direct hit damage is WAY too high,
                    and the web is unreliable in how it executes.

Just gotta:

Reduce rate of fire by 10-20 milliseconds,
                    reduce projectile speed by 10% or so,
                    have the MAX ammo count at 12 or something (seriously)
                    50 damage on direct hit
                    Tweak how the web is generated to be more reliable - maybe make it so little globs are ejected out the top at a rapid speed and then either catch on something or don't.

It seems like a lot (not all, but a lot) of people's complaints are based on the weapons current stats, and not on the idea. Some people don't want another spam weapon, but I think it's pretty fun. Hopefully it gets heavily nerfed, and we can re-evaulate after that.
                    ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
                    Frag video featuring Rookie
                    Frag video featuring Phantaci
                    Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

I'd take this over the bio rifle any day of the Year. That said, it is a bit of a spam cannon when you're raining down toxic grenades from the skies like a hailstorm.

Plus, while the Alt Fire of the Bio Launcher is a bit more practical then the bio link combo, I still feel like it's still vastly underrated when I can fully charge the alt fire, then directly hit someone, kill them and anyone with low health surrounding them thanks to the AoE effect.

Eh, at least it's more effective then the Bio Rifle, that is certain.

Comment

if max ammo count gets reduced than ammo required for max blob charging should be reduced as well, and that would lead to bigged damage per small blob no? also i feel like i get LOTS more no dmg direct grenade hits than rockets/flak, like when you see projectile explode on your enemy but it does 0 dmg

Comment

I vote no. I think the bio launcher is actually a really good weapon. [MENTION=9082]legionz[/MENTION] - Why not voice your concerns in the unofficial bio launcher thoughts and suggestions thread?

The damage of secondary is insanely too much - as a full charge direct hit can remove 150 armor and 50 health. The primary grenade damage could be reduced a bit. The rate of fire reduced a bit. The ammo needs tweaking for sure.

Overall, the weapon is fantastic. It's not a spam cannon at all. With proper value tweaking, it will be a great replacement for the bio rifle.
                          Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

I love it.

Current UT4 Player
                            Known as phantaci.
                            UT Theme Song:

Comment

The explosion could potentially bet a double kill. I have some pretty cool primary grenade kills in my shadowplay vault as well. The bio launcher is here to stay hopefully. Just needs ammo reduction and such.
                              Current UT4 Player
                              Known as phantaci.
                              UT Theme Song:

Comment

Working...
                              X