Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bio Launcher - Can we stop using this now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The regular bio has an explosion that big? I never used it so I wouldn't know.
    Former Console UT3 Player on Xbox 360 & PS3
    Current UT4 Player
    Known as phantaci.
    UT Theme Song:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C9Sh-wcy7s

Comment

Originally posted by cafe
      [MENTION=7192]CaptainMigraine[/MENTION] you could make that same argument about literally any OP weapon in the game. "With the right values it could be balanced...", well, until it happens it will remain a spammy OP weapon.
      I don't see the problem. Are you advocating its removal because you don't like it, or because you think no matter what values you change, it'll be forever spammy? Got news for you, every gun aside from the redeemer in the game fires repeatedly, which is a fundamental trait of UT. You get rate of fire wrong, weapon is spammy and OP. You get damage wrong, weapon is spammy and OP. You're either against repetitive action, or you've literally ad hoc'd a bunch of words together to attack me simply because I like the bio launcher. Take a moment to evaluate the bio launcher. I know, it's hard. It's hard getting off your high horse once a while.
      Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

I think the projectile speed needs to be lowered abit along with perhaps the refire rate as well.
        Also I think the web secondary is just terrible. I would prefer just the regular charge blob for altfire.

Comment

Is it even necessary to have a "bio" weapon at all? I think the other weapons pretty much cover all the functionality you could want, and traditionally this gun was never used seriously.

Comment

I like the idea of the new bio launcher and love the way nades play into arenafps, I hope it hangs around for the future. However in its current state I feel it has too many options. It's like a Swiss army knife:

Shoot nades
            Bouncy nades
            Gas cloud
            Goo blob
            Goo blob Web

The rate of fire is too fast, and you can literally hit the moon with the current launch distance

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
              https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...ocket-Launcher
              Agree on all points.

If the rocket launcher had a switch to fire only a single grenade in secondary mode and they fired like the Bio launcher, than it could be removed.

The current projectile is not catered for in the same way like Bio launcher.
              My thoughts exactly.
              The bio launcher is redundant if you could fire the RL grenades a bit further.

Is it so hard these days to invent a new weapon?
              Last edited by forward; 03-16-2016, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by forward View Post
                My thoughts exactly.
                The bio launcher is redundant if you could fire the RL grenades a bit further.

Is it so hard these days to invent a new weapon?
                The RL grenades (Epic's) have built-in randomization to them that purposefully makes them unreliable.

Just for reference the Trident Rocket Launcher grenades do shoot further and have the silly randomization removed, so yes, it's pretty close to the Bio Launcher functionality (sans gas cloud).
                Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
                  The RL grenades (Epic's) have built-in randomization to them that purposefully makes them unreliable.

Just for reference the Trident Rocket Launcher grenades do shoot further and have the silly randomization removed, so yes, it's pretty close to the Bio Launcher functionality (sans gas cloud).
                  Trident RL, as in your mutator?

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
                    If only there were another weapon that controlled space through bounces, but didn't do 70 damage per hit.
                    Real subtle [MENTION=3094]Wail[/MENTION]....
                    Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Trident RL, as in your mutator?
                      Yes .

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
                        Yes .
                        Ah ok. Havent played with the mutator myself yet, only watched some demos with the mutator on.
                        I don't like the rocket speed, waaaay too slow.
                        But tbh i'm not interested in playing around with mutators in this stage of development.

I don't have much time to play and if I do, I want to play the game by EPIC. I still have some faith in them
                        I'm sure some tweaking will be done to the current weapon balancing. But I already like it more than previous UT's atm.
                        Last edited by forward; 03-16-2016, 06:09 PM.

Comment

It's 5% faster than Epic's rockets.

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
                            It's 5% faster than Epic's rockets.
                            Has it been changed recently?
                            Maybe the demos I watched where old version?
                            Or is there another weapon mutator, with the old UT99 sounds?

Comment

Ah ok. Havent played with the mutator myself yet, only watched some demos with the mutator on.
                              But tbh i'm not interested in playing around with mutators in this stage of development.

I don't have much time to play and if I do, I want to play the game by EPIC. I still have some faith in them
                              I'm sure some tweaking will be done to the current weapon balancing. But I already like it more than previous UT's atm.
                              Even with limited time, I would suggest you play a match or two with the Unreal Prime weapons / Wail's weapons to give you some additional perspective.

Comment

I dont like bio launcher at all.
                                Too spamy primary, stupid insta web, no following goo but you have that stupid gas so its equal.
                                Secondary doesnt feel good and clean when i nail someone like with normal bio. Guess its because off that explosion and gas

We need a ripper for sure, and for bio either fix this launcher or make something totally new for primary and 3rd fire for normal bio riffle or just remove the gun completely.

Comment

Working...
                                X